• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Sandler's The Ridiculous 6 Netflix movie Trailer. Just in time for Oscar season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There should be a national movement to lower the rating of every Adam Sandler movie to a 1 on Netflix, IMDB, Amazon, rottentomatoes, etc. Just to make him feel bad for being so shitty.

Moppeh

Banned
I would love it so much if the Netflix contract for these films is super not specific and the next three films are just weird surrealist art films or just 2 hours of Sandler making fart noises with his mouth.

Loxley

Looks fun, fuck the haters. Haters steered me from Pixels which ended up being a pretty fun movie...

Dat cast too, damn gonna be good for cameos if nothing else.

People have legit reasons for already hating this movie, putting aside Sandler's already fucking terrible track record at this point.

Native American Actors Quit Adam Sandler’s ‘Ridiculous Six’ Over Racist Jokes

These Are The Adam Sandler Jokes That Some Native Americans Are Mad About

1) Sandler’s character, Tommy, aka Three Knives, a white man raised by Native Americans since childhood is married to a woman named Smoking Fox. A recurring joke refers to her "sweet zum-zum."

2) A female character named Beaver’s Breath, is propositioned by a male character, asking, "Hey Beaver’s Breath." To which she responds, "How did you know my name?"

3) A "sexy" female character named No Bra (originally named Sits-on-Face in the 2012 script), is depicted crudely squatting to urinate behind a teepee while stereotypically lighting up a peace pipe.

4) Will Patch (Will Forte) propositions Sits-on-Face by asking her, "How about after this, we go someplace and I put my peepee in your teepee?"

5) Cicero (Danny Trejo) interacts with Sits-on-Face by calling her "Strawberry Tits," to which she indignantly corrects him, saying "I am Sits-on-Face." Cicero responds, "Well, then I’m Stiff-in-Pants!"

6) There are numerous instances of crudely-punned pseudo Native American names like Five Hairy Moles, One Eyebrow, and Four Pickles.

The report reiterates that this intel was taken from an older script and it is entirely possible that revisions may have mooted some of these scenes. However, some of the examples specifically involving Beaver’s Breath and Sits-on-Face have already been discussed in numerous reports as points of contention. Overall, these scenes paint a broad picture of juvenile japes that might get a snicker, but could understandably come across as patronizing and offensive to the Native American actors who are made to carry out this proliferation of crude cultural misconceptions.

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
Taylor Lautner is going full retard, you should never go full retard

AGQ9O9m.gif

There should be a national movement to lower the rating of every Adam Sandler movie to a 1 on Netflix, IMDB, Amazon, rottentomatoes, etc. Just to make him feel bad for being so shitty.

Sadly, that won't have much of an effect on the bottom line. Another 5 Paul Blarts from now, we'll all be dead, so we have that to look forward to!

Fbh

Looks terrible.
And following the tradition of trailers for american comedies those are the best jokes in the movie

Thewonandonly

Maybe if not produced by Netflix. Beasts of No Nation is pretty high quality.
Ya and Netflix tv is goddamn glories. Exspecailly the one about Paplo escabare the name is going over my head which is sad because it's one of my top 5 favorite series. Will have to check out beast of no nation.

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
Ya and Netflix tv is goddamn glories. Exspecailly the one about Paplo escabare the name is going over my head which is sad because it's one of my top 5 favorite series. Will have to check out beast of no nation.

Narcos was good, Daredevil was also good.

Adam Sandler as Tommy
Will Forte as Will Patch
Taylor Lautner
Steve Buscemi as Doc Griffin
Danny Trejo as Cicero
Terry Crews
Luke Wilson as Danny
Nick Nolte as Frank Stockburn
Rob Schneider as Ramon
Steve Zahn as Clem
Jorge Garcia as Herm
Nick Swardson
Chris Parnell as Bank Manager
Jon Lovitz
Whitney Cummings as Susannah
Norm MacDonald
Blake Shelton as Wyatt Earp
Lavell Crawford as Lavall Patch
Vanilla Ice as Mark Twain
Dan Aykroyd
David Spade as General Custer
Dan Patrick as Abraham Lincoln
John Turturro as Abner Doubleday
Harvey Keitel
Lenda Murray

surprised at some of the cast
lol @ Vanilla Ice

The lack of women in this lineup is pretty weird tbh. :S

jmood88

ITT: People who judge whole movies based on their trailers

That was an awful trailer...=(
Trailers are supposed to get people interested in a movie and that's especially true in this case when so many people were turned off from the start. It's also not like this would be the first time that Sandler put out an awful movie.

RedBoot

Stuff like Jack & Jill and Pixels made me angry, but for some reason this one doesn't. Maybe since nobody's really "paying" to see it? Or maybe I'm just blinded by my fondness for westerns and Will Forte.

big ander

The funniest thing in this trailer was Will Forte with a line that's not even a joke.
I like that Lautner's going full Simple Jack. And Crews will be probably be funniest out of the main six, though I'm sure he'll get 1/6th as many lines as the Schneider character I already hate.

Dalek

While this does look....bad-I love Terry Crews, and Vanilla Ice as Mark Twain is one of the funniest casting ideas I've ever heard.

nilbog21

Banned
Why would Netflix spend money on this? ...You were doing so good

I can't believe anybody could watch that and think it's funny or feel compelled to watch this? What. The. Fuck!

G-Fex

This is the movie the native american extras couldn't stand the awful shit jokes and stereotypes and walked out of?

big ander

Why would Netflix spend money on this? ...You were doing so good

I can't believe anybody could watch that and think it's funny or feel compelled to watch this? What. The. Fuck!

because they are going to make plenty of money off of it, the budget doesn't seem to have been very steep, and making this doesn't even come close to genuinely eroding the critical goodwill Netflix has gained

I doubt I'll like this but it's a good business choice and if it makes it easier for Netflix to produce stuff like Mulaney's new standup special, the Tig doc, With Bob and David, a new Pee-Wee special, a sitcom from Paul Rust and Judd Apatow starring Gillian Jacobs...I'm all for it.

Red Mage

I think Sandler does these movies so that Schneider gets a paycheck.

People have legit reasons for already hating this movie, putting aside Sandler's already fucking terrible track record at this point.

Native American Actors Quit Adam Sandler’s ‘Ridiculous Six’ Over Racist Jokes

These Are The Adam Sandler Jokes That Some Native Americans Are Mad About

...what is a zum-zum? I get most of those 'jokes' but that one escapes me (I know what he's implying, just what zum-zum is supposed to mean).

DJ_Lae

Looks better than I expected, although that's a pretty low bar.

Lautner seems to have gone balls deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom