• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon/Target/Wal-Mart/BB/Gamestop PS4 Black Friday Bundles are up $399.99 GTA V-TLOU

Carl

For the month, it's ascent in the top 100 and their's like 4 Xbone bundles vs the standard PS4. -Edit- these are updated daily so we'll see tomorrow.

Edit wow @ numbers

iIO8QcK5m76qb.PNG

How the fuck does something increase 700,000%? That's ridiculous :/

chithanh

Banned
I think the "increase" is computed with the formula ((old rank - new rank) / new rank) and is not related to unit sales.

Conduit

Banned
Well, it's not unreasonable to be skeptical as there were several X1 deals earlier this year and the PS4 still outsold the X1. The difference is that this time, MS finally nailed the value with these bundles. The previous deals, in my opinion, did not have good value.

Titanfall with Kinect and 1 year sub. for 450$! That was hell of a deal back in March.

And yes, PS4 outsold it.

SykoTech

Man, that's tempting. Not really interested in Destiny, but a white PS4 looks awesome.

But I already spent too much this month, including buying that Wii U Best Buy bundle. Guess I'll hold out.

ryan299

I went to target and walmart today and there were no xbox ones but over 10 ps4's in each store. Guy at target said xbox sold out instantly and ps4's are slowly selling. Most people seemed to be buying xbox and wii u games while I was at target also.

Sony really needed better prices for today. Basic edition should of had a huge price cut. I wanted to get one but outside of naughty dog games and god of war, I'm not really into the sony exclusives.

Mooreberg

I'd be very surprised if XB1 doesn't have a solid November, if not winning it outright. They have the games and they have a competitive price point.
If they do not win by at least 150K (bringing domestic install base gap down to slightly less than one million) then they will have some problems. That, or the new prices remain in place in January. I cannot see this thing going back to $399 without a game. If prices remain lower, they can gradually climb back even without a massive holiday season comeback. What are they publishing between January first and E3?

If they do not win by at least 150K (bringing domestic install base gap down to slightly less than one million) then they will have some problems. That, or the new prices remain in place in January. I cannot see this thing going back to $399 without a game. If prices remain lower, they can gradually climb back even without a massive holiday season comeback. What are they publishing between January first and E3?

A new dashboard (rumoured). Sony can't compete with that OS.

I went to target and walmart today and there were no xbox ones but over 10 ps4's in each store. Guy at target said xbox sold out instantly and ps4's are slowly selling. Most people seemed to be buying xbox and wii u games while I was at target also.

Sony really needed better prices for today. Basic edition should of had a huge price cut. I wanted to get one but outside of naughty dog games and god of war, I'm not really into the sony exclusives.

Surely criticism based on 'x were all gone but y still had heaps left' is unfounded unless you know the numbers that each started with? Also, does it matter if they sell in hour 1 or hour 12, if by the end of the day they're all sold?

Surely criticism based on 'x were all gone but y still had heaps left' is unfounded unless you know the numbers that each started with? Also, does it matter if they sell in hour 1 or hour 12, if by the end of the day they're all sold?

This is why anecdotal evidence is useless.

Regarding the Xbone price, people are saying it will stay at its discounted rate or perhaps a bit more than its selling for now - but you do realise MS is losing anything (pulls numbers out my arse) from $50-100 per console sold at $330 (plus games) currently.

They can't afford to keep selling anywhere near that price in large quantities. I know MS is super rich but f*cking hell this is pissing money down the drain.

Unless MS find a way to manufacture Xbones for $70 cheaper in the next 1 month, they can't keep prices at these levels. If you use the middle estimate to what they are losing on each unit sold, that comes to $225,000,000 if they sell 3 million to January.

onQ123

I think it would have been a good idea for them to have a Just Dance bundle with the camera or a Move controller. Just dance is still big around the holidays.

Been some hours now and that GTA5 bundle is still sittin' pretty at numero uno.

Of course, it may or may not mean anything. I'm serious. This could be one of those "Amazon says one thing, NPD says another" situations. But it's quite interesting to see the more expensive (and what some would say the less "value-for-dollar") deal outperforming the cheaper deal.

Then again, the difference btwn the two could be as a few as 10 units. I'm serious.

Of course, it may or may not mean anything. I'm serious. This could be one of those "Amazon says one thing, NPD says another" situations. But it's quite interesting to see the more expensive (and what some would say the less "value-for-dollar") deal outperforming the cheaper deal.

Then again, the difference btwn the two could be as a few as 10 units. I'm serious.

And the ACU bundle is finally slipping.

EatMyFace

Banned

From #1 and #3? That's highly unlikely.
It's not just Amazon though, its #1 at Gamestop too and #4. (XB1 is #14)

You just can't ignore this data. PS4 has been selling better than the XB1 in the biggest online retailers on the biggest shopping day of the year. Then we have anecdotal evidence that XB1 is selling well at Target which is where it has the best deal.

So do you think Target > Amazon/Gamestop?

November could go to either at this point. It should be a close month.

Xenus

You just can't ignore this data. PS4 has been selling better than the XB1 in the biggest online retailers on the biggest shopping day of the year. Then we have anecdotal evidence that XB1 is selling well at Target which is where it has the best deal.

While black friday is going more onlinel I'm still betting on something like an 80-20 split retail to online still. Varying a bit from product to product.

Yeah I'm just going to cut off your bad Gamestop extrapolation, we have pretty good evidence (aka a direct source) of XB1 selling better at Gamestop overall (besides, Wii U>Xbox One on the site, seriously?)

edit: also pretty sure for the majority of the day it's been #1/#2 respectively on Amazon....though I have to say, watching software bounce all over the charts is hilarious

vesvci

Banned

We're going to have some interesting results, that's for sure.

Lemondish

That's where my friends and I are with the Xbone, except there really isn't any first party titles coming for ages. Literally no games in 2015 until the holiday, I think. The 3rd party exclusives I think I'd enjoy, but it's smarter to wait until next holiday and by then the thing will be 249 with TR and a bunch of other games.

I don't agree that Sony needed better prices this holiday. They've been absolutely kicking Microsoft's ass the entire year. One or two months being outsold by a desperate price drop that can only be hemorrhaging money doesn't seem nearly that big of a deal. Especially when Sony will be making bank this month either way it goes. MS will likely win the month, but Sony will keep pace and immediately overcome them in the new year all while sitting high over a greater worldwide lead, a fantastic lineup in the first three months, all while riding the hype from what may turn out to be a really special event early Dec.

In terms of general video games sales? Possibly. I forget the exact numbers Aquamarine posted, but if the Gamestop ranking is only for consoles sold on their site and not tied to store inventory/sales (which it probably isn't), then Target does sell more consoles in the US than Amazon and Gamestop's website, possibly combined.

Is the price for PS4 Bundle GTAV + TLoU unchanged after 11/28?
I don't live in US but my uncle lives there so I may call him to get one for me.

I asked in the Musing thread but no one answered.

Top Bottom