• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon/Target/Wal-Mart/BB/Gamestop PS4 Black Friday Bundles are up $399.99 GTA V-TLOU

samar11

You should get your head checked. Everything he/she said was pretty straightforward and made sense. After all, there's a whole other world out there aside from units sold and it just might include something as batshit insane as revenue. Guess who gets to actually be in the black on Black Friday ;P

lol I am just wondering if his serious or not thats all

gtj1092

Didn't know about the gift card. Adds on to my point even more when it comes to people going out to retail stores.

But only Target is offering the GC. Hence why all the stories of X1 selling so fast at Target. No doubt its selling well everywhere but notice most of the anecdotes are coming from Target stores. If you are looking for an x1 on black friday you would try target first.

Boke1879

The impressive is how fast it gone #1... two hourly updates.

XB1 reached first slowing moving in the ranking... now it is #2.

The others SKUs are really doing great too for PS4.

#1 PS4 GTAV + TLOUR
# 2 XB1 AC
#17 PS4 LBP3 + LEGO
#80 PS4
#97 XB1 AC + Kinect

Sad Destiny bundle is not in the TOP100 anymore.

Sony should have really dropped the price of the Destiny Bundle by 50 bucks. Just to get rid of stock.

driver116

Sony should have really dropped the price of the Destiny Bundle by 50 bucks. Just to get rid of stock.

For the month, it's ascent in the top 100 and their's like 4 Xbone bundles vs the standard PS4. -Edit- these are updated daily so we'll see tomorrow.

Edit wow @ numbers

iIO8QcK5m76qb.PNG

Neoweee

Okay, I admit, I thought that this deal would be more limited than it has turned out to be. Here we are 15 hours after it going up, and it is still sitting there on Amazon, available (with free shipping and no taxes). Multiple stores listed it as a "Doorbuster" as-is, but Sony really did ship the hell out of it.

rSpooky

So where on GAF can I post the sale of the boxed in TLOU code? my friend cannot use his because he is has a french account ( only lives here for temp time) and still wants the game. He offers the code + the $10 voucher )psn for $45 for those interested so he can still get the game :p

Okay, I admit, I thought that this deal would be more limited than it has turned out to be. Here we are 15 hours after it going up, and it is still sitting there on Amazon, available (with free shipping and no taxes). Multiple stores listed it as a "Doorbuster" as-is, but Sony really did ship the hell out of it.

I figured that SCEA held off on doing a standard GTAV bundle at its launch so that they could have more units to ship to stores for Black Friday.

Massa

So where on GAF can I post the sale of the boxed in TLOU code? my friend cannot use his because he is has a french account ( only lives here for temp time) and still wants the game. He offers the code + the $10 voucher )psn for $45 for those interested so he can still get the game :p

There's a Buy/Sell/Trade thread in the gaming community section where people are selling TLOU codes for $20. Your friend may just want to create a US account to redeem code, he can play from his French account after doing that.

rSpooky

There's a Buy/Sell/Trade thread in the gaming community section where people are selling TLOU codes for $20. Your friend may just want to create a US account to redeem code, he can play from his French account after doing that.

thx, i might just trade him my copy if needed as an option.

On Demand

Banned
But you can read into it that PS4 is outselling XB1 today on Amazon - which really says ...nothing ;)

I like how Amazon was used to show XB1 is outselling PS4 and now pics of boxes at random stores is used instead.

PS4 is also on top at gamestop too. Bestbuy hasn't updated yet though.

400USD and a year of PS+ would have moved some units. Maybe whatever deal they got with Activision prevents them from dropping the price without eating all the cost themselves?

Don't expect Sony to give away PS+.

A PS4 owner is likely going to want/need PS+ to play certain games.
Throwing in PS+ is almost defeating the purpose of why they charge for online to begin with.

Don't expect Sony to give away PS+.

A PS4 owner is likely going to want/need PS+ to play certain games.
Throwing in PS+ is almost defeating the purpose of why they charge for online to begin with.

Oh, I know. But PS+ has universal appeal (everyone needs it) versus a bundled game which will vary in value person to person. I just thought it would have been a way to make the Destiny Bundle hold the same perceived value as the bundles with two games (and 50USD cheaper).

I don't get the point of everyone posting pictures to prove XB1 is selling more? You could just as well say Sony shipped more PS4's that's why they're still in stock. I'm mean really. Didn't Abdiel say a Sony employee visited BB to discuss how much they expect to sell? These anecdotal pictures don't indicate total sales at all.

Exactly this. I'm amazed how easily people fall for the same tricks time and again; we learned this back when people were posting picks of stockpiles of XBOs in December, only for it to win December. And then that month when Amazon had one system dominating but when NPD came the results were much closer (I think that was February).

Like I said before, if XBO takes November and fails to do better than 550/575k, that'd be massively disappointing for a best seller in a holiday month, on Black Friday month.

Again, I don't mind people thinking XBO will win November; there's a good likelihood that it can. But to fall back on evidence that's been universally refuted in the past (anecdotal photos) to make that point and other evidence that got refuted (or close to it) one time earlier this year, while buying into a PR statement that glorifies a somewhat average number when you actually take the time to try and figure out what that number likely is, and also wondering how a $50 price cut suddenly turns a system that averaged 150/180k a month suddenly creates a 4x increase in sales (which is around where XBO's Nov #s need to be to be healthy for a best seller in November, if not more) is just a recipe for getting it wrong.

C'mon y'all, use a bit more of that noggin x3.

Loydx2

Banned
It looks like the PS4 is outselling the X1 on Amazon by a good margin or so. Now the question is how many PS4 bundles are still in stock.
X1 a still has more SKU in november top 100 and AC bundle was number one for awhile. All other bundles are sold out except ac bundle. X1 has November on lock but opinions yo.

Isnt GTA Bundle one day?

gtj1092

Just stopped by Bestbuy in Natick,MA. Two huge stacks of GTA bundles and another stack of destiny bundles, can't believe they didn't lower the price on it. Large stack of acu x1s and a surprisingly big stack of Wii u bundles. No console looked like it sold much so far. Wii U stack had the most consoles missing. An upset in the making.

Will say this Sony shipped a metric ton of consoles even going by the target pics. If they manage to sell them all by Christmas they will come close to winning the holiday.

Your friend could create a US account on their PS4, set it as a primary account for the console, redeem the code on it then play the game on thier main account.

X1 a still has more SKU in november top 100 and AC bundle was number one for awhile. All other bundles are sold out except ac bundle. X1 has November on lock but opinions yo.

Isnt GTA Bundle one day?

It takes a while for the November Top 100 to update. It's not updated as often as the hourly rankings and the GTA V + TLOU bundle has been #1 for hours. The X1 bundles might have had a lot less stock than the PS4 bundles, so it's likely that Sony shipped a lot more PS4's for Black Friday. I mean, look at the Destiny bundle. It sold like crazy on September, but it was still in stock despite so many sales.

chithanh

Banned
why was target better than anywhere else?
Target had the best deal because they included a $50 gift card with their Black Friday XB1 bundle.
Will say this Sony shipped a metric ton of consoles even going by the target pics. If they manage to sell them all by Christmas they will come close to winning the holiday.
It could be that Sony did a little channel stuffing and shipped more than the anticipated demand, just to be on the safe side for BF. The extra units would sell until Christmas anyway.

Top Bottom