• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon/Target/Wal-Mart/BB/Gamestop PS4 Black Friday Bundles are up $399.99 GTA V-TLOU

*high five + grab fingers*

ltBRG1O.gif

JayEH

You're putting too much stock into this mindshare nonsense, which isn't that strong to begin with here in NA, especially in the US.

The gap between the 2 is only around 1 million, which isn't nearly enough for some snowball effect to happen.

Where are you getting these numbers?

vesvci

Banned
That value argument died last gen when the 360 was outselling the ps3 regardless of value.

Value? I'm talking price. The PS4 has the controller battery and audio adapter built-in for no additional charge. MS charges $25 each for those (I know, I bought it).

orochi91

That value argument died last gen when the 360 was outselling the ps3 regardless of value.

Precisely.

It's not paranoia, it's basic logic.

Here's a Sports analogy.

The PS4 = Blue Jays (my home team).

The XB1 = Yankees.

Yankees fumbled out the gate, but have since been tearing it up leading in to the post-season (Black Friday).

The Jays, who started out strong, are now coasting into the post-season lacking the momentum their division rival has.

bebop242

Value? I'm talking price. The PS4 has the controller battery and audio adapter built-in for no additional charge. MS charges $25 each for those (I know, I bought it).

That's what I'm saying tho. People see the lower price up front and don't consider secondary expenses, like battery chargers and WiFi adapters as shown last gen.

BumRush

Precisely.

Here's a Sports analogy.

The XB1 = Yankees.

Yankees fumbled out the gate, but have since been tearing it up leading in to the post-season (Black Friday).

The Jays, who started out strong, are now coasting into the post-season lacking the momentum their division rival has.

Okay stahp dude. Please?

JayEH

Precisely.

Here's a Sports analogy.

The XB1 = Yankees.

You're fishing for a tag at this point.

gai_shain

There are people that prefer batteries in controllers or dont need the audio adapter, so I dont really see why it should be added like that.

Anyway nice bundle for people that still werent sure and needed a good deal

2thepoint

Precisely.

Here's a Sports analogy.

The XB1 = Yankees.

Is this Yusuf Medhi or Aaron Greenberg?

Give it a rest.

You're putting too much stock into this mindshare nonsense, which isn't that strong to begin with here in NA, especially in the US.

The gap between the 2 is only around 1 million, which isn't nearly enough for some snowball effect to happen.

Lol

You mean Sony who were over 12 million down to MS last gen after the 7 or 8 years is only 1 million up... crap Sony need to sort themselves out.

I don't think we can discount the mindshare because they have won all NPD's this year and are leading by a nice amount of change in the USA so far.

Precisely.

Here's a Sports analogy.

The XB1 = Yankees.

Okay I'm officially convinced this is a troll job character. Good stuff.

Sweep14

Grimløck;140670547 said:
hope sony wins nov. just so orochi would shut the fuck up. god save us all if they don't.

Don't think they'll win it, except if the amount of bundles is massive and I mean MASSIVE !

vesvci

Banned
That's what I'm saying tho. People see the lower price up front and don't consider secondary expenses, like battery chargers and WiFi adapters as shown last gen.

Consumers are a lot more informed in our time than any other time. It is not like the PS3 vs. 360 age anymore, where smartphones, tablets and mobile apps were scarce.

A casual consumer will ask "Can I watch Netflix? Is it extra? Can I use my headphones? What else do I need to buy?". Easily found at comfort of fingertips.

Also, my point is that for a fairer comparison, those two $25 XBO accessories need to be added for total cost of ownership.

Don't think they'll win it, except if the amount of bundles is massive and I mean MASSIVE !

Hmm i think thats a problem then... if they had made the box bigger than the XBO then they would have had a massive amount of bundles. That's a big mistake from Sony there is no doubt the XBO is massive in comparison :(
/s

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Precisely.

Here's a Sports analogy.

The XB1 = Yankees.

Yea, but the Yankees win championships, and Microsoft's Xbox One is never outselling the PS4 worldwide.

Mendax

It's $70 more than the XB1, an included PS+ membership would have made a world of difference.

MS has been having BF pricing for sometime now leading up to today.

yeah THEY desperately needed that to have a chance of 'winning' one month

SRTtoZ

Precisely.

Here's a Sports analogy.

The XB1 = Yankees.

This insults me as a Yankees fans. Whens the last time were 'tearing it up'? We stink.

bebop242

Consumers are a lot more informed in our time than any other time. It is not like the PS3 vs. 360 age anymore, where smartphones, tablets and mobile apps were scarce.

A casual consumer will ask "Can I watch Netflix? Is it extra? Can I use my headphones? What else do I need to buy?". Easily found at comfort of fingertips.

Also, my point is that for a fairer comparison, those two $25 XBO accessories need to be added for total cost of ownership.

You give the general public more credit than I do then.

Plus they are called accessories for a reason.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Here's a Sports analogy.

The XB1 = Yankees.

i0UGYLxYPJmIU.png

Top Bottom