• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Arrow' star Stephen Amell is going to wrestle at SummerSlam

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This is fucking awesome. I haven't watched WWF since the 90's but I'll be watching this if I can!

WWE Network has a free month if you sign up. See you later tonight pal.

I am confused why people are hyped about this. It seems like a good fit for a guest, but it is still a non wrestler competing. At the very best people can hope it is not awkward, and maybe it will be interesting if we are lucky.

Anyone signing up to WWE Network solely for this should check out Sasha vs Bayley on NXT Takeover Brooklyn too - if you have the time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Creating an account isn't the problem. It's starting the trial. I created an account but trying to activate the trial leads to nowhere useful. It's broken right now.

Have you tried signing up at http://network.wwe.com or are you elsewhere on WWE.com?

EDIT: Did some reading and it may be browser related. If you're using Chrome to sign up, stop using Chrome and see if it behaves better.

Chrome does work fine with the Network, but apparently there's a piece of code in there that shits itself on signup.
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/36akhg/cant_subscribe_to_the_wwe_network_link_to/

Have you any sort of proxy running? That might cause issues.

Have you an iPad, Phone, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, 360, you could use?

There is no issue with WWE Network right now as far as I know

Have you tried signing up at http://network.wwe.com or are you elsewhere on WWE.com?

EDIT: Did some reading and it may be browser related. If you're using Chrome to sign up, stop using Chrome and see if it behaves better.

Chrome does work fine with the Network, but apparently there's a piece of code in there that shits itself on signup.
That doesn't work either. I've tried on my phone, my laptop using Chrome and Edge, and through apps and through my Fire TV. Nothing works right now.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I am confused why people are hyped about this. It seems like a good fit for a guest, but it is still a non wrestler competing. At the very best people can hope it is not awkward, and maybe it will be interesting if we are lucky.

Anyone signing up to WWE Network solely for this should check out Sasha vs Bayley on NXT Takeover Brooklyn too - if you have the time.

I haven't watched wrestling since I was a kid, so I no longer know any of the characters. Having someone I like a lot on screen will make it enjoyable, even if the wrestling itself may not be great.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't watched wrestling since I was a kid, so I no longer know any of the characters. Having someone I like a lot on screen will make it enjoyable, even if the wrestling itself may not be great.

It also helps everything is really clearly recapped during the show as well. It'll be good.

Hope to see some of you in WrassleGAF after. We love new people!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's showing $9.99 though. How do I know I'm getting the free trial or not?

I believe they take your money first, then put it back. Anything beyond that, I don't know.

Oh wait here we go

"Important Note: Payment information is required to activate your free month. When you sign up, your bank may place a temporary "authorization hold" of $1 or $9.99 on your debit or credit card, but it will be credited back to your account. You will not be charged by WWE Network until one month from the date of purchase, unless you cancel before that date."

I believe they take your money first, then put it back. Anything beyond that, I don't know.

Oh wait here we go

"Important Note: Payment information is required to activate your free month. When you sign up, your bank may place a temporary "authorization hold" of $1 or $9.99 on your debit or credit card, but it will be credited back to your account. You will not be charged by WWE Network until one month from the date of purchase, unless you cancel before that date."

Wait if you cancel during your first month, you get charged? So you have to pay $9.99 either way. It's just a question of if you are getting one month or two months?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wait if you cancel during your first month, you get charged? So you have to pay $9.99 either way. It's just a question of if you are getting one month or two months?

Cancel anytime, no committment

Cancel anytime, no committment

Yes, but the fine print you listed says

"You will not be charged by WWE Network until one month from the date of purchase, unless you cancel before that date."

That sounds to me like you won't be charged unless you cancel during the trial period.

I guess I understand.

I still recommend checking out the latest NXT if you have access to the free month. NXT is a sub-brand of WWE, where they debut newer wrestlers. It is basically WWE's developmental league, but because it does not have to appeal to the masses it contains good quality impressive wrestling.

Even if you have no history with the characters, Bayley vs Sasha has the most basic good vs bad storyline that is easy to understand. Bayley is good, trying her best to be the top of the division. Sasha is cocky, arrogant, and thinks nothing can stop her, certainly not someone like Bayley.

However, even with this basic story at the core, the the two women were able to put on one of the top wrestling match WWE put on in years regardless of gender.

I feel that anyone with an interest in stepping back into wrestling after time away would enjoy it.

Yes, but the fine print you listed says

"You will not be charged by WWE Network until one month from the date of purchase, unless you cancel before that date."

That sounds to me like you won't be charged unless you cancel during the trial period.
They might mean you'll be charged a month after you sign up, unless you cancel first, in which case you won't be charged at all.

They might mean you'll be charged a month after you sign up, unless you cancel first, in which case you won't be charged at all.

It's poorly worded then. It should say something along the lines of. "You'll be charged after your free trial ends, unless you cancel before that date." What their current text says is something else which sounds like you can get charged still.

RBH

CNHwY5pU8AAhPmb.jpg:large

Angelcurio

Gold Member
Just activated my free month yesterday in preparation for this match. I haven't watched wrestling since the day's of The Rock and Stone Cold, so I actually don't know the majority of the wrestlers.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He did well.

What's everyone else think?

andycapps

I don't care about wrestling at all but I love Arrow so I'm thinking about signing up for the free month to watch this.

Actually, I should rephrase that. I've been curious about jumping into wrestling now for a couple years but have heard from everyone that's into it what a waste of time it is, and I wouldn't even know where to start if I got into it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I always am happy when someone just manages to not embarrass themselves, but Amell was delightful. My only wish is that he had some more ring gear! His entrance hood was nice.

BFIB

I don't care about wrestling at all but I love Arrow so I'm thinking about signing up for the free month to watch this.

Actually, I should rephrase that. I've been curious about jumping into wrestling now for a couple years but have heard from everyone that's into it what a waste of time it is, and I wouldn't even know where to start if I got into it.

I'd recommend signing up for the network and starting with NXT Takeover Brooklyn, and Summerslam. WWE tends to have two paths: one for WM, one for Summerslam. Lots of story lines are starting new tonight on Raw now that Summerslam is over. NXT is WWEs minor league system. But it's actually way better than the main product. Sasha vs. Bayley is my match of the year, easily.

Also, hop over to WrassleGaf in off topic community. Always welcoming new members, lots of fun convos, and we'd be more than happy to offer some recommendations on the network. A lot of good stuff on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom