• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Arrow' star Stephen Amell is going to wrestle at SummerSlam

Status
Not open for further replies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Man, I don't care much for wrestling but if he did it as Arrow I'd watch it.

He seemed athletic enough at least.

aqVxtlx.gif
Better quality vid.
That extremely well placed "I can dig that" killed me.

Well, something does.
Well played.

I just noticed...Roy flipping about and the bad guys slashing at him with knives, and Thea is just casually leaning against the wall and watching like nothing's happening.
And the graffiti keeps moving!
It's such an amazing sequence.

Someone just needs to start a Superhero Wrestling League. Instead of a ring, you have a street scene. Each wrestler is dressed and acts as a licensed DC/Marvel superhero or villain. Gadget use would be legal.

Someone make that happen. Slayven, Vince? You two take care of that for me.
CW is clearly up for it!

I hope Emily Bett Rickards shows up crying, begging amell not to do this.
#dead

WarRock

Someone just needs to start a Superhero Wrestling League. Instead of a ring, you have a street scene. Each wrestler is dressed and acts as a licensed DC/Marvel superhero or villain. Gadget use would be legal.

So, like WMAC Masters, but with comic characters?

Slayven

What if we make all the wrestlers Asian women?

For all of my Arrow-GAF friends... can I just say, imagine the Wozzly fan-fic this is going to produce?

Also, my personal hope... Lights go out during the match, come back up and everyone is laid out.

Cut to Titantron backstage... "It was me Barry..."

MrChom

Clearly his second feud will be against Hurricane Helms..... (I'm only, like, 10 years out of date with that gimmick, right?)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't watched wrestling in yeaaaars but I totally want to see this match...just not enough to buy a PPV

Yep just sign up for the WWE Network, PPV is live on there. $9.99 per month. I think it's free first month anyway.

Enjoy Summerslam pal.

tj hazuki

If his entrance theme isnt radioactive, then they're doing It wrong

I'm pretty sure he'll come out with Neville.. though it'll be a waste if he doesn't do his own entrance @ Summerslam.
----

Was a great segment - the segment is going viral on my Facebook feed.

According to a video he posted, Amell was doing a snatch, which is a lift where you take the bar from the floor to overhead without pausing at the shoulders (which would be a clean and jerk or clean and press). When doing the lift, he ended up smashing the bar into his jaw.

He suffered a cracked jaw, his molars were indented into his tongue and his tongue was swollen.
No word on how this may or may not affect his match next week.

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...raining?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

DeathyBoy

Banned
Son of a bitch. I was actually going to activate the free month of WWE network for this. :/

Eh, joy of WWE is they can work around this. Amell was never going to work the majority of the match anyway - so they can have him start early, then come in for the finish if need be.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He very clearly said he the bar cracked him in the jaw, not he "cracked his jaw." He basically just bit his tongue really fucken hard.

ZeroX03

Banned
He's still posting on Facebook about the match, and his voice had already healed quite a bit by the end of the day. Everything will be fine.

Effect

Stephen Amell shows a sneak peek of the ring gear he'll be wearing for SummerSlam:

https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/videos/909280462490555/

I might actually subscribe for this. $9.99 isn't much to ask really and I get a free month too! It's been a long time since I've watched WWE. Partly due to schedule and general lack of interest after more and more of my favorites from the Attitude era started leaving or retiring. I'm game for this. Fear the Walking Dead is being DVRed.

I've got a busy day tomorrow. If I subscribe to WWE, is this going to be instantly available on demand after it's over just in case I can't watch it live?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom