• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Arrow' star Stephen Amell is going to wrestle at SummerSlam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better have Imagine Dragons do Radioactive live on stage Mania style and have Amell come out in full costume with Diggle. I would pay $9.99 a month for that.

sturmdogg

flip9nyo3.gif

I just noticed...Roy flipping about and the bad guys slashing at him with knives, and Thea is just casually leaning against the wall and watching like nothing's happening.

Brakke

Banned
This is so fucking cool. I feel like every week I get a little bit closer to diving in and actually watching wrestling.

DeathyBoy

Banned
They should save him for the very last season, because it'll be all downhill from there.

Nah, Season 5 is the last season. The Dark Archer returns. Oliver thinks it's Merlyn, but The Dark Archer kills Merlyn with a big boot. Oliver realises with horror who the Dark Archer is as the hood comes off.

OLIVER: We all loved you.

200_s.gif

Then Hogan drops the big leg on Felicity and presto, Oliver has motivation for the rest of the season. Leading up to them fighting in front of 93,000000 people at Wrestlemania 33.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't have cable and I'm never gunna though so it's sort of a dead end... right?

WWE Network often does entire free months, also there's worse ways you can spend the worthless, piddly amount of $9.99. Jump in pal.

joelseph

I don't have cable and I'm never gunna though so it's sort of a dead end... right?

NXT is online only. You have to watch it on the WWE Network or on Hulu on a 24 hour delay. I believe you can watch it on the free version of HULU which is why I suggested it. Plus it's great.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Stop shilling, Vince. Tell us what you think of Oliver Queen.

What kind of a name is "Oliver"? Listen pal, you come out and say your name is Oliver, all I hear is "Liver" - chopped liver!

Brakke

Banned
This sort of thing is so confusing:

WWE Network often does entire free months, also there's worse ways you can spend the worthless, piddly amount of $9.99. Jump in pal.

NXT is online only. You have to watch it on the WWE Network or on Hulu on a 24 hour delay. I believe you can watch it on the free version of HULU which is why I suggested it. Plus it's great.

What even is NXT lol. Maybe I will come to WrassleGAF and ask for some pointers... Maybe this is a horrible idea. Oh god what am I doing.

Meanwhile WWE Network is first month free. This is probably going to happen.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

What even is NXT lol. Maybe I will come to WrassleGAF and ask for some pointers... Maybe this is a horrible idea. Oh god what am I doing.

I gotcha pal.

Just sub to WWE Network and NXT and more are there. Enjoy.

joelseph

NXT is WWE Developmental. Think minor leagues except the wrestlers for the most part are well established independent wrestlers that are being groomed into RAW/Smackdown.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What about his catchphrase? 'You have failed this city.'

I mean does he need a gimmick tweak? Have the boys in the back been burying him?

Good catchphrase, as long as he replaces "this city" with the city they're in every night. Crowd will eat it up. Be in the palm of his hand. Sell shirts with it. Prints money. Let's do it.

G-Fex

The stupider an idea is the better it is for wrasslin'.

Then he'll take the stupidity of wrestling back to his show. Then it'll infect everyone with the stupid. Then CW will as a whole be a stupid network infected by stupidity of carny stuff.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Then he'll take the stupidity of wrestling back to his show. Then it'll infect everyone with the stupid. Then CW will as a whole be a stupid network infected by stupidity of carny stuff.

So it'll be the CW?

Also, you realise WWE was on CW for years right?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

The CW? Stupid?
8NmJVgM.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Honestly would it have been so goddamn hard for someone to find a crate for Neville to stand on for this? Fucking embarrassing. This is a world of muscular titans, and here we have a ripped halfling.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I absolutely lost my shit at this segment on Raw. Not gonna lie. This is now my most anticipated match at Summerslam. Yeah that says more about how terrible the card looks right now, but still. Amell is certainly athletic, he hopped the barrier and the ropes well and looked legit. I look forward to seeing what he'll do in the match. Also I lol'd at the diggle sign in the crowd. I can dig that.

Sephzilla

I absolutely lost my shit at this segment on Raw. Not gonna lie. This is now my most anticipated match at Summerslam. Yeah that says more about how terrible the card looks right now, but still. Amell is certainly athletic, he hopped the barrier and the ropes well and looked legit. I look forward to seeing what he'll do in the match. Also I lol'd at the diggle sign in the crowd. I can dig that.

CMGR4kDWUAARaf5.jpg

Yeah this was the right sign at the right place at the right time

Sephzilla

I wonder if he's been training for a while or if Neville is going to be carrying most of the workload.

He's a guy who's naturally in good shape, so if he gets any kind of training on how to take bumps and do a few basic moves I think he'll be fine. If Raw and Comic-Con are any indication, he's fine on a microphone as well (his opening to the Arrow panel at CC was basically a wrestling promo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom