• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus JP puts up Persona related teaser site counting down to November 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
We got a lot of November 24th birthdays here apparently lol

I'm 28 though so if you're younger than that, I'm first!

Thoraxes

Red is also the hair color of the new P4U2 character.
S8JGY66.png

Thoraxes

Why would they announce a new Arena in a teaser site when they just released a trailer for P4U Ultimax?

I hope it's Persona 5, but I learned to keep my hype down so I don't end up disappointed.

Maybe the sequel is also coming to arcades, and those are the first major locations that will be able to try it out?

raven777

so considering the possibilities.

-the date is about 2 month away, so if it is a count-down site its pretty long-ass count down.

-the 3 boxes at the top, when you click it shakes. I assume these 3 boxes will have some kind of announcement unlocked before 11/24.

-could be Persona 5? The red color is new so P5 could have red color as theme. But its kinda weird to have that long count-down, and also the name of cities is weird for a game reveal count-down.

-could be related to the new P4U2, but it probably isn't a location test since they already done it before and the new one is also this week. Could be the release date for Arcade but why would they have those cities? Only released in those cities? and at 8:00PM? So I doubt this. Also the game's theme color seem blue, and they already have official site for the game open here.

-Could be related to P3 movie? As someone mentioned here the movie airs a day before this (11/23) So I doubt it. Also P3 is blue but the site is red so kinda doesn't match.

-Could be live music concert? Persona is known for its live music concert tour. They have the big Japanese city names on the teaser so it could be the list of cities that are going to be on tour. Kinda crazy to think they made a teaser page for music concert but its Japan so anything is possible.

bakedpony

so considering the possibilities.

-the date is about 2 month away, so if it is a count-down site its pretty long-ass count down.

-the 3 boxes at the top, when you click it shakes. I assume these 3 boxes will have some kind of announcement unlocked before 11/24.
-could be Persona 5? The red color is new so P5 could have red color as theme. But its kinda weird to have that long count-down, and also the name of cities is weird for a game reveal count-down.

-could be related to the new P4U2, but it probably isn't a location test since they already done it before and the new one is also this week. Could be the release date for Arcade but why would they have those cities? Only released in those cities? and at 8:00PM? So I doubt this.

-Could be related to P3 movie? As someone mentioned here the movie airs a day before this (11/23) So I doubt it. Also P3 is blue but the site is red so kinda doesn't match.

-Could be live music concert? Persona is known for its live music concert tour. They have the big Japanese city names on the teaser so it could be the list of cities that are going to be on tour. Kinda crazy to think they made a teaser page for music concert but its Japan so anything is possible.

I do believe that is the case. The unlock dates will probably have a significance behind them (like full moon updates during P3 updates)

bonercop

It's simple really, he's the new main character for persona 5 and they're adding him into the new Persona 4 arena as a prologue to P5.

he's got a yasogami uniform on, so that seems unlikely.
also I really don't like that design. he looks kinda generic.

Acosta

Making Persona 5 for handhelds makes no sense when they double sales with a console release and then a Portable edition.

That said, it could be for iOS for what I care, I just want the game.

CrovaxPSO

Clicking on the cities and boxes causes them to vibrate. If you click the three boxes across quickly, two of them remain vibrating. Can't seem to get all 3 to remain vibrating though. Probably means nothing.

Atlas157

Making Persona 5 for handhelds makes no sense when they double sales with a console release and then a Portable edition.

That said, it could b for iOS for what I care, I just want the game.

Please don't say those words...

I have an iOS device, but the game would be wasted potential if released on iOS.

Acosta

Please don't say those words...

I have an iOS device, but the game would be wasted potential if released on iOS.

I play Personas for the writing, narrative, music and systems. Of course I would love a Persona that looks like Catherine but at the end of the day, the core values could be reproduced in iOS. Actually, i would prefer it for iOS over 3DS (tactile control would work fine and the screen is way better, the IQ would probably be better for sure).

I just hate the idea that after many years waiting the thread of reveal could transform into the mess of the DQIX one. I don't want that and I hope Persona fans in this forum are beyond that (yeah, call me naive, go ahead).

Asd202

Maybe it's 3 different announcements hence 3 windows? I mean Persona 4 arena sequel, something P3 releted and Persona 5? The countdown is to long for one thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom