• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
What service would i use to invest in shares? Online one would be nice and easy I would imagine.

There seems to be a few around, even banks seem to offer some sort of option.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Do people feel that bioware has started to go down hill in the past few years? Maybe since DA2 or even earlier?

I also like the picture of ME3 on r/gaming and the guy seems totally spot on with the text in that picture. Cause it's trueeee.

I for some reason have no real interest in ME3. I loved the first with the bouncing mako, best thing ever, and ME2 was also really enjoyable. I got sucked into it a fair bit and just wanted to play it all weekend long.

I just can't muster up any hype for ME3.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Dragon Age 2 was the straw the broke the camel's back, yeah.

Fredescu

What service would i use to invest in shares? Online one would be nice and easy I would imagine.
I've only ever used Commsec and I don't even remember why.

I also like the picture of ME3 on r/gaming and the guy seems totally spot on with the text in that picture. Cause it's trueeee.
The
jersey effect
? Or another one? Link?

Do people feel that bioware has started to go down hill in the past few years? Maybe since DA2 or even earlier?
I like RPGs. As the games they create become less RPG I become less interested. I did like ME2.

Choc

Banned
Thanks Sony USA Product Management Team, no longer require debug :D

44SYB.jpg

I liked some parts of DAII (the story parts, pretty much).

I loved ME1 and ME2 and will probably love ME3. Not going to play the demo though, I enjoyed going in to ME1 and 2 blind and I want to do the same thing. Having said that, I don't care about people posting impressions, I will make up my own mind when I play it.

But yeh, Bioware has gone downhill. Even though Dragon Age: Origins was awesome, I started to think something was up with them when that marketing campaign came out (this is the new shit etc).

Also Jade Empire was cool.

Omikron

I liked some parts of DAII (the story parts, pretty much).

I loved ME1 and ME2 and will probably love ME3. Not going to play the demo though, I enjoyed going in to ME1 and 2 blind and I want to do the same thing. Having said that, I don't care about people posting impressions, I will make up my own mind when I play it.

But yeh, Bioware has gone downhill. Even though Dragon Age: Origins was awesome, I started to think something was up with them when that marketing campaign came out (this is the new shit etc).

Also Jade Empire was cool.

I was stuck in Canberra for > a month for work and took this on the laptop to play in down time. I still couldn't get into it.

KOTOR was the last bioware game I enjoyed.

Deeku

This is for a long term investment. The uncertainty makes it a good time to buy. If you buy when things are good there's a chance you'll overpay. There are so many different strategies within shares themselves that to dismiss it as a whole seems strange. Are you suggesting leaving all the eggs in one low paying basket as an alernative? That seems strange advice.
Ok yeah, I was thinking short term trading. Your points are perfectly valid. But still, it's worth pointing out the current risks in the market. If cookie feels that his, I dunno, ~4.5%? return on his savings isn't doing it for him, long term investment in shares could be a decent idea since some analysts predict almost 15% this year or something.

But the EU is still a pretty big issue, in terms of their fundamentals, that could lead to a global downturn which will hurt the markets. It's still hard to tell how much exposure our banks have to the EU in off balance sheet businesses, and add to that the high costs environment they're dealing with at the moment could mean lower profits in the future. And then we don't know if markets will go kaput once they implement the Volker Rule in the US and how that will affect banks, markets etc.

Not dismissing shares, just need to be wary.

And cookie, this might already be obvious to you, but it's a good idea to diversify. Don't put all your monies into just one sector. ie dumping everything into banks like you said lol.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
And cookie, this might already be obvious to you, but it's a good idea to diversify. Don't put all your monies into just one sector. ie dumping everything into banks like you said lol.

Haha yea i know. The banks at the moment offer a pretty high % back, some are around 8 and i think even Cbank is somewhere around 13%.

I could throw some money into the top 20, Which i might do.

I just need a starting point and from there I will throw money around like an idiot (like 2k max even if that) just to see how it all works. Losing 2k isn't a major issue since i can survive without it, It would be fucking disappointing though.

Axiom

I refuse to play the ME demo due to any kind of spoilers, I've already picked up a few due to the hatred the 'beta'' seemed to engender.

I only finally realised how big of an ME fanboy I was today when I kept reading NZ as N7.

Also someone please save me from my new-found love of Lego - I need to somehow get a laptop before my course starts next week and there's also that Vita thing I've not actually pre-ordered any games for.

PS3 phat just went kaput in the middle of a movie. I dont see me replacing it with anything other than a cheap bluray player just ATM.

The first half of taxi driver is great on bluray. Damn thing stopped right in the middle of one of my favourite scenes (where Travis buys the guns). Its been a while since i last saw the film so i guess i'll have to make up the rest of the story in my head.
I guess travis marries iris after cybill shepherd guns down harvey keitel

Does next gen still start when they said it does? Because this gen just stopped for me.

It lasted 4 1/2 years (without needing a repair or otherside skipping a beat). My original 360 lasted just short of 5 years (with 2 free repairs). 360 slim went 10 months before going in for a repair. Wii still going strong, despite only getting played once a year. Both of my original xboxes still work. That shit was bulletproof (despite being riddled with lead inside)

Also- a new series of alan partridge is filming.

markot

Banned
If that warhammer 40k mmo looks decent it might be worth it, but its along way out, and they still have a moronic board and execs >.<

Also I was just doing a simpsons joke >.>;

Choc

Banned
all im saying is

when was the last time you saw a kmart with PS3s on the shelf.....

they are repositioning themselves as cheap bastards as the latest ads show. A $349 handheld system don't cut it (especially with the main competitor significantly cheaper)

PS3s are no longer advertised in kmart catalogues because of this

Target, long story.

Choc

Banned
also just an FYI

GAME in Australia is in a real jam

they promised Ridge Racer with preorders. and Ridge Racer is delayed.

yep......

Kinda annoying not being able to say more :p

markot

Banned
Yeah, Kmart do seem to be going ultra cheapo. They hardly have any electrical stuff anymore.

Feels like they are going to become an Aldi-ish general store.

absolutely they still sell them, but they are not being pushed at all by Kmart

I haven't seen one on shelves in a long long time nor have i seen a catalogue across my desk with PS3 in there for aw hile (nor 3ds for that matter)

edit: jambowned, send me the fully paid receipt in PM and i shall dispatch

I see 160GBs all the time at Kmart.

Jintor

What the hell's up with my Twitter? Taking fucking forever to load both here and at home. Can't even log out, it's taking so long to load. Nobody else seems to be experiencing this either...

What the hell's up with my Twitter? Taking fucking forever to load both here and at home. Can't even log out, it's taking so long to load. Nobody else seems to be experiencing this either...

logged in super quick just then. i'd say flush your dns. if that doesnt work, its your isp's fault.

Yeah, been getting heaps of "Twitter.com is loading slowly. Hmm, this seems to be taking a while. If problems persist, please reload to try again." messages here. It had also just update to the new site. I assume the two are connected.

Top Bottom