• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BO 08•26-28•16 - Audiences Don't Breathe as Suicide Squad slips to second

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

How amusing that two of the best wide release, mainstream films of the summer both made the Biggest Losers list.

Sorry Kubo. Sorry Star Trek Beyond. I did my part by paying to see you. Shame you weren't a creatively bankrupt film with a clever trailer like The Secret Life of Pets or people would have actually gone out to watch you.

Schlorgan

-1x-1.png

-1x-1.png

Paramount has had a really shitty shitty year

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ime-bombs-got-a-lot-more-disastrous-this-year
Crazy that Kubo had more of a loss than Star Trek.

Saturnman

Banned
Suicide Squad only 2.5 million dollars away from the 300-million mark domestically. By Tuesday, it is estimated to have passed that mark. Two weeks earlier than Guardians of the Galaxy did in its run in theaters.

"Bububububut..."

Suicide Squad only 2.5 million dollars away from the 300-million mark domestically. By Tuesday, it is estimated to have passed that mark. Two weeks earlier than Guardians of the Galaxy did in its run in theaters.

"Bububububut..."
Yup, late August legs were an improvement and it crossed the $300m mark a couple weeks earlier than I would have expected.

Comparing it to Guardians isn't a great way to prop it up though. It's going to come out looking unfavorable by almost any metric. Better to compare it to 2016 releases. It's one of the better performing non-Deadpool blockbusters this year.

"Bububububut..."
It also opened up about 30% higher than GOTG, so of course it hit the mark faster. It's also been consistently making less per day than GOTG for the past 3 weeks.

It opened bigger than GOTG, but the legs aren't as strong.

Saturnman

Banned
It also opened up about 30% higher than GOTG, so of course it hit the mark faster. It's also been consistently making less per day than GOTG for the past 3 weeks.

It opened bigger than GOTG, but the legs aren't as strong.

You weren't there a few weeks ago when others were arguing otherwise. The argument then was the legs were just not there to make it to 300.

You weren't there a few weeks ago when others were arguing otherwise. The argument then was the legs were just not there to make it to 300.
I was there. I was just responding to the "buhbuhbut..." Is all. And with SS cracking $300m, we once again are denied a $200m film this year. It is so fucking weird how grosses are this year. Feast or famine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom