• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Californication Season 7 |OT| Sundays 9.30pm ET/PT on Showtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

I was going to drop this show until they announced it was the final season. Even the last two years were so bad and forgettable, I may as well stick it out. The last episode was alright-ish but it looks we're still far away from the good days of seasons 1, 2, and 4. I also have a hard time believing they're going to end this show any better than S4's finale did.

dubc35

Episode 3 has yet to air.

I always thought she was fine.

Sorry I thought it was ep3.
Where Karen is crying about Heather Graham being baby momma number 1. I haven't noticed as being bad before but her acting in that scene was pretty damn bad IMO.

Sorry I thought it was ep3.
Where Karen is crying about Heather Graham being baby momma number 1. I haven't noticed as being bad before but her acting in that scene was pretty damn bad IMO.

Wait, what ? But that episode is supposed to air Sunday the 27th at 9:30 PM on Showtime. How did you watch it ?

Linius

Just dropping in to say I finally started watching this show from the pilot after seeing some random eps over the past years. Really digging the first season so far, great soundtrack too. But I have to ask since it's Showtime, does this series become a trainwreck? Seven seasons seems a long time.

Blader

Just dropping in to say I finally started watching this show from the pilot after seeing some random eps over the past years. Really digging the first season so far, great soundtrack too. But I have to ask since it's Showtime, does this series become a trainwreck? Seven seasons seems a long time.

Yes. Bail out after season 4. It's the last good season and its ending is basically a series finale anyway.

The latest seasons might not be season 1 level of quality, but they're good enough for you to enjoy them. I have seen all of them and I enjoyed pretty much every episode. Even when the scenarii are of average quality, Hank seems to consistently have good dialogue and witty remarks that are enough to sustain interest in the show. At least, for me. Besides, this is a 12-episode per season show, with episodes being 20 minutes long. Taking that along with the unpleasant feeling of stopping watching a show before its end, I'd say the positives of watching Californication until its finale outweigh the negatives.

gdt

I don't like Hank being so subservient to long hair Chris. This whole writers room bullshit is just...anti climactic. Nobody wants to see Hank shleping a tv script around.

I don't like Hank being so subservient to long hair Chris. This whole writers room bullshit is just...anti climactic. Nobody wants to see Hank shleping a tv script around.

He's treading lightly, as he doesn't want to get fired.

Also, Heather Graham is so hot.

bidguy

Banned

if youre binge watching go for it

its not as good as the early seasons but still entertaining

nowhere near dexter levels though so theres that

But what was up with that last look in Heather Graham's eyes, right at the end of the episode? It looked really meaningful but I just couldn't find the meaning...

Ekdrm2d1

Coke smurf is the best!

cock-cage.jpg

Great episode last night.
I wish I could have fingered that actress

Ekdrm2d1

Runkle jacking it in the restroom!

Gotta love the awkward reaction that Hank's lady had when he asked if she had diarrhea. It was a facial heard turn like that "okay" gif
yeah-okay.gif

Would be a wonderful reaction gif (hint: @Vertboil)

Ekdrm2d1

Nope, it's not. It was in the beginning of the episode. When Julia is about to audition for the show, she was nervous and telling Hank about it. Hank mentioned if it was her stomach acting up. The scene was before Hank getting her stoned via the shotgun technique. I believe it was immediately after Hank saying diarrhea.

Able to grab it for us?

Thanks for the gif though. Could come in handy too!

gdt

Ok this latest episode was pretty funny. But these are not rational people anymore. Not believable at all. Every time I hear that theme song it just takes me back to when this show could really hit you in the feels.

Edit: to not be so mean, it really was funny. Levon and Hank are developing a great comedic report.

aku:jiki

Has this improved from the first ep? I haven't watched it since.
If anything it's gotten worse. Karen has had more screentime and both the actress and writers have decided to turn her into some kind of cartoon charicature of what Karen used to be. It's weird and terrible.

Otherwise it's in the same state as the previous like 4 seasons: Runkle and Marcy are mostly great, Hank is just kind of there and everything else pretty much sucks.

So Hank is working in this TV writers job he doesn't really like.

But why doesn't he just write a new book?

People love his books and a new one would make him lots of money.

StuBurns

Banned
Hank actually has an ego investment in his novels, he'll do whatever writing job for money he can find, but he seems to hold his novels in higher esteem and only writes when he's inspired.

So Hank is working in this TV writers job he doesn't really like.

But why doesn't he just write a new book?

People love his books and a new one would make him lots of money.

Maybe if he wrote popular genre fiction. Hank's jobs are actually kind of realistic. I can't think of a successful/best-selling litfic author whose day-job isn't teaching at a university or being involved in other media (i.e. journalism, film/TV, etc.).

Loofy

wtf for some reason I thought last season was the final season. The ending was so perfect.
The episode ends with Hank having just knocked on Karen's door, uncertain of how things will turn out.

So the final episode of Californication airs on Sunday. Here's hoping they can give the show at least a half-decent send off.

The Season 4 finale will still remain as the perfect send off for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom