• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Californication Season 7 |OT| Sundays 9.30pm ET/PT on Showtime

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked this season and the finale was as expected, a happy ending, but it could be better. My major issue with the show are Karen and Becca, the actress are awful, almost unbearable, but I'm thankful for the first seasons, specially season 1, and having Duchovny again on a regular basis on the little screen was amazing.

CoolOff

Echoing what's been said in that 1-4 is how I'll remember the series, but I don't regret watching 5-7.

Need to re-watch S2 soon because Lew Ashby was the greatest.

Staab

Echoing what's been said in that 1-4 is how I'll remember the series, but I don't regret watching 5-7.
Pretty much how I feel about it.
I had some great chuckles this season and it wasn't all that bad overall, but certainly very far from the heights of the show.

Sad to see the show stop, it was a really fun one !

Blader

Not a bad ending, really. The S4 finale is still the show's perfect ending, as I expected it'd be, but this was still fine.

Some nice touches toward the end, like the callbacks to the S3 and 4 finales, Hank leaving his car at the airport, and the family flashback montage. I'm okay with the happy ending too, even though I think it's way too unearned at this point -- and the show even made a frequent point of this, not just in this episode but throughout the last several weeks.

Overall the last 3 years were terribad and S4's ending still stands as the perfect series finale, but I'm okay with this as the closer. Still heads and shoulders above whatever Dexter shat out at the end.

Just caught up on Season 6 - season was fucking terrible aside from Faith. IMO, they had set up the perfect series finale and blew it by having Hank (yet again) give up on the woman (he thinks) he loves for Karen. Faith was probably Hank's best love interest throughout the show too.

Anyway, given how bad 6 was, should I waste any more of my time on 7 (already available on Amazon Prime UK)? Does 7 bring anything new? Is Hank's season-long Karen distraction eye candy? Apparently, Becca doesn't feature - which is great news (can't stand her or Karen).

Just caught up on Season 6 - season was fucking terrible aside from Faith. IMO, they had set up the perfect series finale and blew it by having Hank (yet again) give up on the woman (he thinks) he loves for Karen. Faith was probably Hank's best love interest throughout the show too.

Anyway, given how bad 6 was, should I waste any more of my time on 7 (already available on Amazon Prime UK)? Does 7 bring anything new? Is Hank's season-long Karen distraction eye candy? Apparently, Becca doesn't feature - which is great news (can't stand her or Karen).
you won't like it

It's weird to start watching this show as a single guy who had adventures similar to Hank without the drugs and then finish watching it with my wife many years later.

The perspective of a single guy at least this single guy at the time was holy shit this is my life how fucking cool as opposed to now watching it, which was get your shit together you could be so happy.

I told my wife that there were parallels between the shows chaos and my own chaos and how watching it again with my new view of life was amazing because all I wanted was for him to realize that this woman is the best thing that ever happened to him and if he would stop being scared he would realize that.

Californication may not be everyone's favorite show but it's one of only shows that I viewed two different ways and could see both sides. To me, that made it fucking great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom