• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clint Eastwood praises Trump: "Just fucking get over it" (regarding racist comments)

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

Thanks Clint.
16Jvx.gif

Bob White

"When I grew up, those things weren’t called racist."

What in the fuck? So that makes treating people like shit ok then?

Patryn

Alternate title: Man who has never experienced racism tells those who have to just fucking get over it.

mnannola

Guy seems like the complete opposite of a progressive.

Regressive? Is there a regressive party this guy can join /start up? Can we start calling anyone wanting to go back to "the way it used to be in my day" regressive?

In fact, Eastwood said, “We’re really in a pussy generation. Everybody’s walking on eggshells. We see people accusing people of being racist and all kinds of stuff. When I grew up, those things weren’t called racist.”

uhhhhh thats literally the definition of progress.

what a fucking moron

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
What the fuck happened to Eastwood? He used to be cool. Now he's just a GOP shill. When you grew up it was still racist Eastwood, why do you think all that civil rights shit happened?

I know man :(
People grow old to the right i guess

BokehKing

Banned
So basically, old farts that see our modern gen as something inferior to their own "good old days", despite the great deal of progression we've complished since them that HAS made the world and society a better place for us all. Fuck Eastwood, his movies aren't that great and his music is worse!
So because of his social stance his movies are no longer good? You know it is possible to still enjoy his movies and disagree with his opinion. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

A lot of people I'm America consider being racist dropping n bombs and being a member of the Klan, extremes, I think what he is saying is, almost everything and anything can be considered racist now adays. Things that the American public have zero clue about. That's why everyone thinks the world is too "PC"

In today's standards I want to say a good 50% of people are racist and just don't realize it.

Future

He's the target market for making America great again: the old white privileged male

I also like how Obama stirs so much anger in people. "Can't vote Hillary because she will follow in obamas footsteps"

How about not voting for her by citing policies you don't agree with? Citing Obama is an easy way to dismissing her without dismissing things that would outright sound bad if he did (cheaper education, gay marriage, etc)

"When I grew up, those things weren’t called racist.” is a terrible thing to say.

When you grew up, interracial marriages were illegal.

When he grew up, black people couldn't use the same water fountain as white people.

And probably when he was growing up (not sure his age), a bunch of Japanese-Americans were rounded up and put in prison camps and we thought it was okay.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Guy seems like the complete opposite of a progressive.

Regressive? Is there a regressive party this guy can join /start up? Can we start calling anyone wanting to go back to "the way it used to be in my day" regressive?

It's called the republican party.

"both sides" lol. Also, Clint, newsflash: Your generation was racist as all fuck. It's just the people who were subjugated didn't have any power and couldn't call you out on your bullshit.

I like Million Dollar Baby and Gran Torino Clint Eastwood. He's a cranky old bastard, but he learns valuable lessons about racism, sexism, friendship, and human rights. So why didn't any of that stick?

bionic77

What in the fuck? So that makes treating people like shit ok then?
If women and minorities stopped all their bellyaching about equal rights and respect I am pretty sure that would be the exact moment when everything in this country would become perfect again.

What is the alternative? We certainly can't have any white men feeling inferior to people or color or women!

Slavery was considered to be ok at some point so I guess we should just go back to doing that as well because just fucking get over it right?

Tobor

I agree with him on the get over it part.

Fuck that. Nobody should be "getting over" a candidate for President making racist comments. That's fucked. In Eastwoods time making a statement like that would have disqualified Trump immediately.

tokkun

I like Million Dollar Baby and Gran Torino Clint Eastwood. He's a cranky old bastard, but he learns valuable lessons about racism, sexism, friendship, and human rights. So why didn't any of that stick?

The plot of Gran Torino is an old prejudiced white guy says a bunch of racist stuff, but ultimately does the right thing when push comes to shove. He is saying Trump is that guy.

VariantX

When you grew up, black people had to be indoors before sunset. Shut the fuck up. You aint tired of shit.

"We’re really in a pussy generation. Everybody’s walking on eggshells. We see people accusing people of being racist and all kinds of stuff. When I grew up, those things weren’t called racist.”

Yeah, things were pretty great for white people back in the 60s who wanted to dump on anyone and everything without any repercussions.

So?

The loss of privilege is not an attack on whiteness. It's not "soft" to aspire to be better than the Jim Crow South.

Wallach

Funny how he talks about a pussy generation, when he's talking about voting for probably the biggest pussy to ever run for president. Trump does little but whine on social media around the clock.

Moff

it's true, it is a pussy generation. when privileged white old pussies are so afraid and feel their way of life is threatened when other groups demand equality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom