• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Week 2 |OT| Remember the L-amo? Liberty sure does.

Interesting. I don't think Big Ten has a playoff spot right now because OSU loses Oklahoma, OSU turns around and beats Michigan, Michigan beats Penn State, Penn State beats OSU or something stupid like that. Basically, Big Ten will cannibalize themselves. IF Michigan or Penn State can emerge undefeated, then they probably get a spot, but I don't see that happening.
If Illinois emerges undefeated with a B1G championship, they're definitely getting a playoff spot. The only way an undefeated P5 champion gets snubbed is if the other four also have undefeated champions.

Kevtones

Yeah y'all Oregon's D is definitely improved. It's still mediocre but Nebraska's O:

2/14 on third downs
361 yards
4 interceptions
3 forced fumbles

Oregon has 6 picks through 2 games. They had 9 all of last season. They're actually tackling a lot better too.

Yeah y'all Oregon's D is definitely improved. It's still mediocre but Nebraska's O:

2/14 on third downs
361 yards
4 interceptions
3 forced fumbles

Oregon has 6 picks through 2 games. They had 9 all of last season. They're actually tackling a lot better too.

They seem like a version of their former selves. Stuff run game, get a key sack from an edge rush, and make enough plays in pass coverage inside their own 50.

Whereas the past two years it's been, do absolutely nothing always.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Oregon still making stupid mistakes on defense giving up huge plays... and it's usually from blown coverage or just bad reactions.

I'll give you that compared to last season it's a HUGE improvement.

Ganhyun

Looks like we came out with a win. Saw that we had tons of penalties called on us. Worrisome. That's always been an Achilles heel for us.

Kevtones

They seem like a version of their former selves. Stuff run game, get a key sack from an edge rush, and make enough plays in pass coverage inside their own 50.

Whereas the past two years it's been, do absolutely nothing always.

Last year they looked like a high school team on D at times. I'd feel a lot better if we had 2-3 more Troy Dye type talents but the D is noticeably stiffer thus far.

That said I think they'll have a tough time in the Pac12 but they're much more resilient this year. Your 'version of their former selves' is spot on.

I'm really confused about the offense today though. Nebraska didn't really change anything but they looked inept and the play calling was 2/10 bad.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Looks like we came out with a win. Saw that we had tons of penalties called on us. Worrisome. That's always been an Achilles heel for us.

At least after the win your coach verbally acknowledged the pentalties and stated they were going to work on ironing them out.

Meanwhile in Knoxville, our coaches are still on the gravy train even though our D-linemen are lining up a yard+ off the ball and we can't stop a division 1 team from running a jet sweep.

Rocketz

Well I'm back to the hotel from the OSU game and finally have cell phone signal.

What a disappointment that was. Not a lot of positive things to say. Run defense was ok I guess. Most things were a trash fire. Offensive play calling is a disaster.

As many games as JT has won at Ohio State, I think I'm ready for this era to be over and start new.

andycapps

Aww yeah got the win. No style points up in Athens North but I'll take it. Had me stressed out.

d2gEs5R.gif

Now for #PAC12AFTERDARK

andycapps

Now don't blow it the rest of the way.

There's no way you guys beat Bama. Sorry :(
Not without a QB stepping up. Was a close game. Wish I could have gone.

Our defense should keep us in every game regular season, the offense still needs to make some plays to win a couple of those. Post-season anything can happen once teams have grown up and hopefully improved. ND defense was pretty good. Kept them in the game.

andycapps

Me too. I could have taken at least one seat from you lot!
I've seen several people that went say that every ND fan they came across was extremely welcoming and nice. Not exactly something most SEC fans are used to but that's refreshing to see. It's that Midwestern hospitality.

cdyhybrid

Leach benches Falk immediately after he breaks the school passing yardage record and the back up comes in and throws a pick on a shovel pass.

Never change, Cougs.

UGA game was wild in South Bend. The Georgia fans were super rowdy, and there were a surprising amount of fans there for such a far away game. Wished we didn't get so many penalties, but there also some garbage calls during that game. Defense and special teams look good. Go Dawgs.

I've seen several people that went say that every ND fan they came across was extremely welcoming and nice. Not exactly something most SEC fans are used to but that's refreshing to see. It's that Midwestern hospitality.

I wouldn't say it's a Midwest thing. You wouldn't get that kind of treatment at Michigan or Ohio State.

Minnesota is not a good offensive team at all. Letting them hang 48 on you should be cause for relegation to FCS. So glad Andersen decided to skip town so we wouldn't have to deal with his bumbling any more.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The art of crokpotting the game away is being lost in America. Snapping with seconds left on the playclock and passing the ball, on that much of a lead...

An incompletion is a bad thing to do, but it's not as bad as what happened here.

I guess performing the War Chant hurt them more than it helped. My guess is they Board of Trustees will force the band to bring it back and they'll lose all the rest of their games.
tbh at least as far as football goes, it didn't help. Was basically used to unintentionally neuter crowd noise. How could they be so dumb, one might ask? The problem with being bad at football for so long is that too many fans -- including university employees -- do not understand football

Serious followup to my previous exuberance: We're not going to win too many more this year... but I expected a loss today, so by my measure we're ahead of schedule! 6-6! I believe!

Top Bottom