• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Week 2 |OT| Remember the L-amo? Liberty sure does.

Stanford has only about 130 yards of offense since the start of the 2nd quarter. They had about 131 in the first quarter alone.

Didn't he come up gimpy after the second?

SC realized the way to stop Stanford's chugging uber-power offense is to just unleash a bunch of NFL front seven guys and cause absolute mayhem.

The athletic difference between SC and Stanford is substantial right now—and that's saying something because this is not the Stanford program of yore.

I have some confidence in Clemson after last year. If Clemson fucks up and loses, I'd say they'll give the ACC spot to Big Ten.

We all know two games determine the entire season.

/s

My homer picks for CFB challenge

*Big XII.

Now that Oklahoma's beaten Ohio State definitively on the road, they've put themselves (and Okie State) in great position. 2.5 weeks into the season, I feel every confidence has one or two clear contenders. ACC's Clemson and FSU both seem just great, not "they could win the natty" good. Though, in FSU's case, that's solely due to Frenchy getting hurt. Still think they win the ACC, but miss out on the playoffs depending on the final records of the Big XII and Pac-12 champs.

*Big XII.

Now that Oklahoma's beaten Ohio State definitively on the road, they've put themselves (and Okie State) in great position. 2.5 weeks into the season, I feel every confidence has one or two clear contenders. ACC's Clemson and FSU both seem just great, not "they could win the natty" good. Though, in FSU's case, that's solely due to Frenchy getting hurt. Still think they win the ACC, but miss out on the playoffs depending on the final records of the Big XII and Pac-12 champs.

Interesting. I don't think Big Ten has a playoff spot right now because OSU loses Oklahoma, OSU turns around and beats Michigan, Michigan beats Penn State, Penn State beats OSU or something stupid like that. Basically, Big Ten will cannibalize themselves. IF Michigan or Penn State can emerge undefeated, then they probably get a spot, but I don't see that happening.

I have some confidence in Clemson after last year. If Clemson fucks up and loses, I'd say they'll give the ACC spot to Big Ten.

We all know two games determine the entire season.

/s

My homer picks for CFB challenge

I honestly agree with all those less maybe Clemson for now. On the one hand it's going to be hard to rebound from losing Watson and others. On the other, FSU is without Francois so the road to win the ACC got easier and that may mean representing in the CFB.

ACC going to be interesting this year.

ryseing

Interesting. I don't think Big Ten has a playoff spot right now because OSU loses Oklahoma, OSU turns around and beats Michigan, Michigan beats Penn State, Penn State beats OSU or something stupid like that. Basically, Big Ten will cannibalize themselves. IF Michigan or Penn State can emerge undefeated, then they probably get a spot, but I don't see that happening.

The ACC winner will likely be 10-2. 11-1 should be enough for a B1G team to make it.

Bama
Oklahoma/OK State
P12 winner
B1G winner- I think Wisconsin is the dark horse here.

qcf x2

I read this and I was like, there's no way Zwick was the same era as Troy Smith. Looked it up, Troy Smith is 33!?

Yeah, time flies. You know what's crazy, JT was way, way better 3 years ago. He was making quality reads, had a better deep ball and didn't have the signature short pass INTs. But between when he broke his ankle and when he had the DUI he came back as a run-only QB. No vision, bad arm and horrible touch. But I don't blame him tbh, I blame Urban.

A one loss BIG champ will make the playoff unless another conference champ goes undefeated.
BIG won't get left out

Penn State or Wisconsin just needs to win the Big 10 with one loss or less and they're in. Book it.

(Michigan ain't winning shit this year)

I think Georgia just won it.

SC realized the way to stop Stanford's chugging uber-power offense is to just unleash a bunch of NFL front seven guys and cause absolute mayhem.

The athletic difference between SC and Stanford is substantial right now—and that's saying something because this is not the Stanford program of yore.

I'm pretty sure that Stanford offensive line is stacked with 4 and 5 star recruits.

shanafan

Eat up, Urban. Eat up.

Bw5lP3mIYAA2tUh.png

Top Bottom