• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Week 6 |OT| It Just Means More (TM)

tebunker

Banned
If UW wins the Pac-12 but suffers say a close loss to a ranked WSU team, and Georgia gets blown the fuck out for their only loss.

Do you take UW or Georgia?

well that would be chaos ball at its best. whats worse barely losing to the cougs or gettig destryed by Bama?

Also if the cougs beat UW isn't it feasible that UW won't be playing for the Pac title?

To be up front I am a Bama guy and i dont see UGA losing until the SEC title game

This is why we need 8 team playoffs tbh.

This is all talk right now. There are never more than 5 teams with a justifiable claim to play for the title at season's end, and even in those years, at least two of them are clearly pretenders relative to the top 2 or 3.

Blackman sucks, the line sucks, stop throwing the ball

He's 18. And, as you say, the line sucks. Not sure anyone can say for sure whether he's any good right now.

cdyhybrid

I am not convinced a one loss BIG or Pac 12 team gets in over say a 1 loss UGA team who loses to Bama.

It would have to be a very specific condition though. Ohio State getting in last year threw everything off.

I am thinking we may not have any undefeated teams at the end of the year but, say Bama and Clemson, and then it could be up in the air if Pac or Big don't have undefeated champs and a team like UGA or ND only have 1 loss

1-loss non-conference champ over a 1-loss conference champ? I doubt it. Of course, when you let a committee decide it instead of the play on the field, stupid things can happen, so who knows.

well that would be chaos ball at its best. whats worse barely losing to the cougs or gettig destryed by Bama?

Also if the cougs beat UW isn't it feasible that UW won't be playing for the Pac title?

To be up front I am a Bama guy and i dont see UGA losing until the SEC title game

As a Georgia fan I will never be confident going into Jacksonville to play Florida,no matter how bad they may ever seem..they always have our number. We also have to play Auburn who's defense is every bit as good as ours.

I'm happy with where we are now, and I could see us winning out, but I have to keep the expectations way way in check

1-loss non-conference champ over a 1-loss conference champ? I doubt it. Of course, when you let a committee decide it instead of the play on the field, stupid things can happen, so who knows.

It's still questionable how much weight conference champs are given by committee. Penn State won the B1G last year and were left out in favor or Ohio State so record comes definitely comes first

It's still questionable how much weight conference champs are given by committee. Penn State won the B1G last year and were left out in favor or Ohio State so record comes definitely comes first

Yeah but you're comparing 2 loss champ vs 1 loss non-champ, whereas his scenario is 1 loss champ vs 1 loss non-champ, so it's not really the same situation.

Penn State should've got in, but they had 2 losses. It's not like the committee looked at two one loss squads and just picked the bigger name. I got their logic, even if I disagreed with it.

Rvaan

Banned
With Darnold sucking, Lamar Jackson sucking and Baker Mayfield taking a big L, who is the Heisman front runner? Generic Alabama RB?

maxresdefault.jpg

With Darnold sucking, Lamar Jackson sucking and Baker Mayfield taking a big L, who is the Heisman front runner? Generic Alabama RB?

Hurts leads the team in rushing and YPC. Shouldn't be in the race right now, but if he ever stayed in a game past the first half, he'd be the one getting pushed.

Why are people saying Mayfield won’t win the heisman as if a loss really matters? He still put up some numbers. Still think it comes down to him or Barkley.

Ourobolus

Banned
Why are people saying Mayfield won’t win the heisman as if a loss really matters? He still put up some numbers. Still think it comes down to him or Barkley.
It'll be interesting to see what the race is like at the end of this week. Barkley had a rough game against Northwestern. Didn't really do much until the second half (though I don't put most of the blame on him, our O-line wasn't holding up and NW's rush defense was doing well)

Hurts leads the team in rushing and YPC. Shouldn't be in the race right now, but if he ever stayed in a game past the first half, he'd be the one getting pushed.

If you play QB/RB at a school that challenges for the National Championship you will always have at least some shot at the Heisman.

If you play QB/RB at a school that challenges for the National Championship you will always have at least some shot at the Heisman.

I know. Just won't be one of our RBs this year. We rotate 3 of them with the ones, and have 2 others getting serious playing time since we're blowing teams out.

It's Hurts
or Fitzpatrick
or no one.

Playing QB for Maryland is like being on the Madden cover.

You're cursed to get hurt if you do.

This is like the 3rd or 4th year in recent memory they've gone through at least 3 other QB's.

Rvaan

Banned
Playing QB for Maryland is like being on the Madden cover.

You're cursed to get hurt if you do.

This is like the 3rd or 4th year in recent memory they've gone through at least 3 other QB's.

Them and BYU. They are just incapable of keeping a QB healthy for the whole year.

Stay safe out there today fellow CFB-GAF

I haven't had a chance to catch games as I'm preppping for Nate to hit Tuscaloosa later tomorrow

Top Bottom