• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Week 6 |OT| It Just Means More (TM)

The good news is that the Big XII suffers more. The bad news is that Penn St gets elevated a bit. Hopefully only to get jumped again by other teams.

Rvaan

Banned
ISU as -31.5 dogs did this to OK in the 2nd half:
FG, 11 plays, 50 yards
TD, 7 plays, 94 yards
TD, 2 plays, 73 yards
TD, 9 plays, 75 yards

tebunker

Banned
So if Okie beats TCU the Big xii is hosed right? We're gonna get a playoffs with two teams from the same conference this year aren't we?

cdyhybrid

So if Okie beats TCU the Big xii is hosed right? We're gonna get a playoffs with two teams from the same conference this year aren't we?

Eh, I don't think two SEC teams get in unless there's fuckery in the Pac-12 or B1G.

Assuming Clemson and Bama win their conferences with 1 loss or less, they're locks. One-loss or undefeated B1G champ probably gets in.

One loss Pac-12 champ might get in depending on who it is and who the loss is to.

tebunker

Banned
Nah, but the Big 12 will get left out again unless TCU goes 13-0. OKST MIGHT get considered if they finish 12-1
Eh, I don't think two SEC teams get in unless there's fuckery in the Pac-12 or B1G.

Assuming Clemson and Bama win their conferences with 1 loss or less, they're locks. One-loss or undefeated B1G champ probably gets in.

One loss Pac-12 champ might get in depending on who it is and who the loss is to.

I am not convinced a one loss BIG or Pac 12 team gets in over say a 1 loss UGA team who loses to Bama.

It would have to be a very specific condition though. Ohio State getting in last year threw everything off.

I am thinking we may not have any undefeated teams at the end of the year but, say Bama and Clemson, and then it could be up in the air if Pac or Big don't have undefeated champs and a team like UGA or ND only have 1 loss

Jarnet87

You break a huge run and then call three straight passes, Jimbo has lost his mind. The only way they can win this game is to keep throwing to a minimum.

Kusagari

The only way the SEC could get two team is if Georgia/Bama both go undefeated and then Georgia beats Bama in a close game in the championship game.

I am not convinced a one loss BIG or Pac 12 team gets in over say a 1 loss UGA team who loses to Bama.

It would have to be a very specific condition though. Ohio State getting in last year threw everything off.

I am thinking we may not have any undefeated teams at the end of the year but, say Bama and Clemson, and then it could be up in the air if Pac or Big don't have undefeated champs and a team like UGA or ND only have 1 loss

If UW wins the Pac-12 but suffers say a close loss to a ranked WSU team, and Georgia gets blown the fuck out for their only loss.

Do you take UW or Georgia?

tebunker

Banned
The only way an undefeated P5 champ gets snubbed is there are four other P5 teams.

I am going purely on the idea that i don't think the BIG turns in an undefeated champ.

It may happen and I agree if a BIG or Pac12 team goes undefeated they get in. Hell if TCU goes undefeated is really fucks the calculus

Top Bottom