• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadpool |OT| Weapon X Gon' Give It To Ya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from the movie, was somehow funnier and better than I expected. VERY good movie, oh, and that post credits scene!

kswiston

I think it will surpass estimates significantly. Market analysis can't account for that X-Factor. I should feel bad for that last sentence but it's true.

Boxoffice.com is predicting $93M over the 4-day weekend, which would probably mean a Fri-Sun in the high 70s-low 80s if they are in the right ballpark.

The 60-65M tracking seems to be on the conservative side.

With $12M on a Wednesday, this weekend will also be big overseas.

Much better than I expected.

Once you settle in and accept what the movie is its a lot of fun.

Excited for the sequel based on what we know.

I don't have any money to see this anyway, but I'm curious.

How would someone who finds Deadpool in other stuff unfunny? I haven't read any of his comics, but I've seen him from various comic scans that you people post, various fan films, X-Men Origins, Hulk vs Wolverine, and scenes from the game, but I found him the most unfunny motherfucker and wonder why he became so mainstream popular before this shit even came out.

I don't have any money to see this anyway, but I'm curious.

How would someone who finds Deadpool in other stuff unfunny? I haven't read any of his comics, but I've seen him from various comic scans that you people post, various fan films, X-Men Origins, Hulk vs Wolverine, and scenes from the game, but I found him the most unfunny motherfucker and wonder why he became so mainstream popular before this shit even came out.

HE'S TREMENDOUS IN THIS MOVIE

a lot of the humours break loads of boundaries, it was awesome!

^_____^

bengraven

Best X-men movie ever.

Top 3 superhero movie.

Top 10 comedy movie.

Morena Baccarin.

Chimi-fucking-changas.

Ikea.

What's my name.

Post-credits.

Morena Baccarin.

Counting shots.

FRANCIS.

Three shots at Hugh.

Sexiest man alive.

Meia

Just came back from imax. Holy shit, I haven't laughed that hard in a movie in a long long time. Being in the late 30s, every bit of humor just clicked.
Voltron references absolutely killed me, and the Deadpool rap was used in the perfect time in the movie as well.

RE_Player

This movie is a perfect example of why Marvel doesn't need to be in control of all their properties. Very unique and fresh.

Going to see it again tomorrow.

Way better than I expected! One question,
the movie I said mentioned Jacksonville. Which is where I live. Is that in everyone's version or did they shoot a different scene for every city? I've never heard Jacksonville in a movie before haha.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Got my tickets for an IMAX showing tomorrow night. Reserved seating was already filling up so I won't be surprised if it sells out.

Quick

Banned
Saw it tonight. The IMAX showtime I went to ended up being pretty packed. Not sold out completely, but packed.

Gonna need to think about the movie more and putting my thoughts into something more coherent, but I will say that it was a great movie. Reynolds is Deadpool.

Enjoyed this a lot more than I expected to. I thought the trailers were trying a bit too hard, and occasionally the movie does go *there* but overall, the character is so fresh and is nailed so perfectly in the writing and performance, that it's perfect.

It even has a nice little romance subplot going on--a believable one, even if it is maybe diminished in the last third.

I think I'll see it again in theatres.

Monocle

Movie was utterly dope. Unbelievable. I literally cried from laughter. They actually did Deadpool's character total justice and pulled off a great origin story and love story to boot. I need to see this again, immediately. Chris Stuckmann's (spoiler-free) review was totally on the money.

(Cross-post from the spoiler thread, 'cause I'm not spoiling anything!)

Toa TAK

Banned
Well that was a fun-ass movie. Got out of this with my brother. Theater was 70% full but it was an energetic crowd and the movie was getting huge laughs and people clapped at the end. The self-referential stuff was my favorite. The post credits stingers were fun as well. Looking forward to owning this on Blu-Ray.

Nuke Soda

Deadpool was great. So many gags I probably missed a few. Nothing another watch won't fix. This is one movie I will see a few times in theaters.

Farsi

Word of mouth is gonna spread like wildfire. I'm hoping it blows all expectations away so that studios start taking more risks.

denx

I cannot recall a time that I've laughed harder in a movie theater. The place was packed and people were loosing it.

Same in my cinema. The part when
Deadpool kept breaking his limbs had the entire theater in histerics. Holy shit.

And yes, I haven't laughed this hard watching a movie in a long time. You know if Disney had the rights to Deadpool and the X-Men they wouldn't had made a movie as raunchy and profane as this, so yeah Fox you can keep the rights to the X-Men, well played.

Even though I'm not a Deadpool guy, I have no problem acknowledging that this is probably one of the best superhero films made

It FUCKING NAILS it

It's weird, because it's not an amazing film but it's a perfect comic film in almost everyway

Marvel isnt a director. This post makes no sense
Marvel has creative control on their films. Certain standards have to met with the Marvel movies. There are required tie-ins with other films and they can't be standalone, for one example. Deadpool feels like a response to those mandates.

BKG

Banned
Just got home from seeing it, easily in my top 3 superhero films. My girlfriend loved it as well and she hates comic book movies and didn't understand a lot of the references. Excited for Deadpool 2 with a bigger budget. Saw it in Battery Park at 950 and it was packed, crowd was really into it as well 👍👍👍

Brilliant film, they maybe showed too much in the trailers...but it was still great.
That 1st leaked trailer really spooked me with how lame it seemed, but the movie avoided that and hit a home run.

Loves the end credits scene too, it was 100% what I was expecting a Deadpool stinger to be.

Also, I saw it in Thailand and only a few of the pop culture references missed the mark with the packed theatre. So that's damn good writing when you can hit a foreign audience with those kind of jokes.

Also to note, my gf downloaded a Wham! album last night. :/

Koppai

Great movie can't wait for the next one :)

We saw it in honor of my friend who passed away back in August. He was so hyped to see it.

just came back from watching this with a co-worker, and omg such a great movie! the whole theatre was laughing and same goes for me. definitely will see it again if I can.

for the poster who was asking about the Jacksonville thing; nope, I watched it in LA and it also said Jacksonville.

Marvel has creative control on their films. Certain standards have to met with the Marvel movies. There are required tie-ins with other films and they can't be standalone, for one example. Deadpool feels like a response to those mandates.

Given the money this one is projecting to make at this point, I'd be shocked if the "Deadpool is separate from the X-Men" thing keeps up.

element

Intro was great.
Jokes landed.
Self referential jokes were great!
4th wall worked and didn't become annoying.

One of the better comic book movies in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom