• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadpool |OT| Weapon X Gon' Give It To Ya

Status
Not open for further replies.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Jesus Christ.

I take it the chances of a price cut are slim to none? I want it, I really do, but I was expecting £100.

I don't follow Hot Toys too much, but the Iron Man Hulkbuster Armor vs Hulk set hasn't dropped a penny since it's release, at least in my country (Netherlands).

Jesus Christ.

I take it the chances of a price cut are slim to none? I want it, I really do, but I was expecting £100.

Never seen a hot toys model before i assume, that's the standard price for pretty much all of them i think.

Its a lot of money but the quality really is the best you can get.

Busty

Banned
But if we're gonna go there, does it ruin the drama of House of Cards for you when it happens in that show? People seem to love that shit.

Again, that's a mechanic of the show, it was established in the first episode and it was established in the BBC original in the 1990's.

Having Deadpool break the fourth wall in an X-Men film, which has never employed the technic before, would completely ruin the film.

Breaking the fourth wall is more than climbing through the screen and talking to the audience. Cyclops didn't get that yellow spandex line for any other reason than a big wink to the audience.

Still not breaking the fourth wall.

Deadpool isn't Bond though. That's why that would be weird. It won't be weird or jarring with Deadpool.

Within a Deadpool where the 'rules' of the storytelling have already been set? No.

Deadpool doing it, for example, in an X-Men film starring Fassbender? Yes, it would really jarring and 'ruin' the film.

Within a Deadpool where the 'rules' of the storytelling have already been set? No.

Deadpool doing it, for example, in an X-Men film starring Fassbender? Yes, it would really jarring and 'ruin' the film.

I highly, highly doubt he would be anything besides a cameo in an X-Men film. X-Force or Cable and Deadpool are much better bets. And even if he did appear in the regular X-Men continuity, the fourth wall breaking doesn't have to be a freeze-frame monologue directed at the camera. It can be done in much more subtle ways that aren't going to "ruin" the pacing or immersion of a film.

I don't follow Hot Toys too much, but the Iron Man Hulkbuster Armor vs Hulk set hasn't dropped a penny since it's release, at least in my country (Netherlands).

Never seen a hot toys model before i assume, that's the standard price for pretty much all of them i think.

Its a lot of money but the quality really is the best you can get.

Huh. Guess I'll have to pray on this for a bit. I really do want it, looks so damn good and it's good to know that their toys are of the highest quality out there.

Jinaar

My old lady is sick and I ... *gasp* ... may not be able to see this on Friday :(

I should go alone..... yes yes... say I'm going out for some milk.... sure I'll be right back. Yep, right, nothing to see here, we just ran out of milk.... we sure need that milk....

graffix13

For you, maybe. Not for me. Deadpool is batshit crazy. The other characters would (hopefully) know this and chalk it up to him rambling about nonsense. It wouldn't work for the other characters.

At the end of the day, you are sitting in a theater (or your living room) watching a movie. So what if DP acknowledges this? It's a wink to you, and it's entertaining.

Busty

Banned
For you, maybe. Not for me. Deadpool is batshit crazy. The other characters would (hopefully) know this and chalk it up to him rambling about nonsense. It wouldn't work for the other characters.

At the end of the day, you are sitting in a theater (or your living room) watching a movie. So what if DP acknowledges this? It's a wink to you, and it's entertaining.

Your opinion is your own and that's cool but your opinion doesn't changes the fact that Deadpool breaking the fourth wall to address the audience in an X-Men film starring Fassbender (for arguments sake) would ruin the film.

Great Thread title I'm still debating if I'm going Midnight or not but I'm glad the reviews are positive IMO I always felt like this movie would be a smash.

Lothars

Your opinion is your own and that's cool but your opinion doesn't changes the fact that Deadpool breaking the fourth wall to address the audience in an X-Men film starring Fassbender (for arguments sake) would ruin the film.
That's not fact though, I don't think it would ruin the film for anyone other than a small group of people. Most people would just laugh it off.

Great Thread title I'm still debating if I'm going Midnight or not but I'm glad the reviews are positive IMO I always felt like this movie would be a smash.
There were two big things that sold the movie to me, 1. Ryan Reynolds. I've been a big fan of his for years and knowning he's deadpool was a perfect choice. 2. The first trailer I saw really sold me on what they were aiming for in this movie.

Ruin it? No way.
Though I'd agree that it would make it worse.
The X-Men movies are generally relatively serious in their approach, with only a few jokes here and there, and most of them come from Wolverine anyway.
If Deadpool crashed the party that would drive the comedy factor through the roof.

So I would veto an X-Men movie with Deadpool in it.

A Deadpool movie with X-Men in it would be a totally different thing though.
There's GOT TO BE a movie in the future where Deadpool shoryukens Kitty Pride in the face. This needs to happen. Even though I love Ellen Page.

Salsa

wow

went to get tickets for tonight and they're all sold out till like sunday

this is unprecedented. not even happened with star wars

really weird. I thought people here didnt even know who Deadpool was

Back from the movie a few hours.

It was really good, not quite great IMO. Everyone was howling in my screening though, so the jokes are on point. It's crude, but in a good way. Great opening credits, set the scene really well.

Colossus was my favourite part, he was excellent. Giving Deadpool a straightman to bounce off helped enormously in the later parts.

Salsa

got tickets for tomorrow on a theatre that aint my usual but otherwise had to wait till monday

going with my dad, who likes comics but barely knows deadpool. should be.. interesting

Reszo

Winter picked a fine time to come out guns blazing with all this snow. If the roads are clear I might go see it tonight.

Cth

Yikes.. this is looking crazy :D

AUSTRALIA
Takes the record for biggest Feb. opening day (previously Fifty Shades of Grey)
4th Biggest Comic (behind Avengers, TDKR, IM3, likely beating A:AOU)

Serious profits on this movie from overseas it looks like.

Bigger launch #s than DOFP in the UK.

France is reporting big numbers as well.

Crazy how it's already getting sold out shows.

Mitch

Banned
This may be a long shot, but what the hell: If you're in the Houston area, I have a spare ticket for an IMAX showing at 7PM tonight at Silverado. Just PM me.

liquidtmd

Banned

AUSTRALIA

This is very interesting and I can believe it - anecdotally my friends and colleagues seem to be talking about seeing this than X-Men.

In all honesty too, comparing the trailers I've seen for this over the po-faced beats of X-Men Apocalypse trailer, I'm more hyped for this than that.

dh4niel

Here is the Hot Toys Deadpool:

Buy it if you... hate your wallet or something.

1244525.jpg

Again, that's a mechanic of the show, it was established in the first episode and it was established in the BBC original in the 1990's.

Having Deadpool break the fourth wall in an X-Men film, which has never employed the technic before, would completely ruin the film.

Still not breaking the fourth wall.

Why? He does it when he guests in other characters comics. It doesn't ruin the comic. You just have to find the right place to do it

Nokterian

Ticket ordered going this sunday morning in the netherlands and from what i saw even in the early morning it is pretty packed!

Quick

Banned
Just checked up on my theatre. There's so many seats left for the IMAX showtime I'm looking to go to tonight. Don't think I'll have an issue buying a ticket right at box office.

I wasn't expecting this to perform that great in IMAX doesn't really appear to be the kind of spectacle movie that draws the big crowds. I think most people will be satisfied with a standard showing.

I didn't realize there were screenings so early, my local theater is showing it at 7PM and 9PM today.

Neat, been wanting to see this movie.

went and saw this yesterday. it was amazing :D

i laughed throughout XD

there were some bits in it that were too slow for me, but the humour more than made up for them. they nailed it, i think. very deadpoolly. very nice.

i enjoyed it very much ^_____^

all of deadpool comments were spot on deadpool

\o/

IHaveIce

Banned
Saw it today.

Movie is super awesome, if you like Deadpool, you gonna love the movie it is so fucking self-aware.

I loved it.

Ryan is Deadpool, I'll put him now on the top of the list as "best cast superhero actor"

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I'm still not seeing it till Sunday, but I already have tickets for a monday showing at the Alamo.

AUSTRALIA

And to think, it took the test footage being leaked years after the fact (probably by the director/producers themselves) to convince Fox that there was a market for this movie. Even if it's just OK, I'm excited to see a super-hero movie with a decidedly different tone.

Scotch

Just came back from seeing the movie, and I absolutely loved it. Theater was sold out and loving it as well.

It's a great action movie and an even better comedy. And it has sooo much charm, something I find lacking in other Marvel films. It reminded me of Guardians of the Galaxy in that it didn't have that 'Marvel assembly line' feel to it.

Probably my favorite Marvel film (although I have a soft spot for the first two X-Men films).

/edit: D'oh. Only just now I realize it's a Fox film, which makes sense of course as it's in the X-Men universe. Also explains why it didn't feel like all the other MCU crap.

KxoZz

Saw it today and have to say I was quite disappointed after all the good reviews and friends saying how great it is.
Was looking forward to the humor mostly and sadly that was the worst thing about it. Apart from a
very
few exceptions all the jokes where meh, some of them even cringeworthy.
The villan was boring and the final
showdown was a massive let-down. Especially after the great opening one.
Loved
all the 4th Wall breaking though

Just got back from seeing it. Loved every second. Can understand some complaints about the story but it didn't really detract; it was simple but allowed Deadpool to do his thing. And he did it brilliantly. Reynolds was goddamn amazing.

Gambit

just back from the cinema and could not believe the crowd it drew. I cannot remember a single comic book film that drew such a large crowd here. The marketing really was spot on for this one.

I also thoroughly enjoyed the film. Especially the humour and Ryan Reynolds. I even liked Negasonic Teenage Warhead.

Best part of the evening was walking up to a
(fellow)
nerd, who wore a Deadpool t-shirt. I congratulated him on his cool Spiderman shirt and made him very annoyed.

Later on my date volunteered and approached him to do the same. Should I marry her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom