• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadpool |OT| Weapon X Gon' Give It To Ya

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinBB7

Just came back and it was amazing. Right near the end the lights went on, screen went black, and an alarm went off. We all had to leave and wait outside lol.

12745410_10153481196701376_1868464734682940239_n.jpg

I honestly thought it was part of the movie for a second, which would be really weird timing (it was during the final battle) but I thought about it for a second. Luckily we could go back in 20 mins later to finish it.

Bought tickets for a showing tomorrow morning. Luckily it's never too early to have a drink on a Friday.

Looking forward to seeing impressions from tonight!

BriGuy

It wasn't bad. Really predictable, but it had some funny lines. I don't know if I could watch it more than once, but I'd be down for a sequel. I liked it more than Antman.

Edit: And stay after the credits.

bedlamite

Watching the IMAX release in another 4 hours, hype is unbearable

Oh and I've also ordered the Hot Toys Deadpool figure. HT is crazy expensive but pretty worth it. I'm more of a Lego collector with the odd action figure here and there and Deadpool will be my first HT figure. Looking forward to it, but the damn thing even doesn't come out till Q3 of this year.

Lol just saw a facebook post from one of my cousins "waiting to see deadpool with my son" (who is like 8)

...20 minutes later

"we had to leave"

JustinBB7

Lol just saw a facebook post from one of my cousins "waiting to see deadpool with my son" (who is like 8)

...20 minutes later

"we had to leave"

That's hilarious. Didn't see any kids at my showing. Neither for Star Wars or any other comic book movie. I usually go to the 7/8pm showings, dunno if it's because of that or because I'm just lucky.

An-Det

Just got back and really enjoyed it. Not every joke stuck for me, and many of the characters are fairly shallow, but it's such a fun ride. I'm so glad they were able to do this right, especially knowing a sequel has already been greenlit.

Prompto

Banned
Just got back from seeing it and I really enjoyed it. I saw that post credits scene coming and still laughed my ass off.

BioFan

Watched it, loved it!!!

I was excited when this was announced, but to be honest I didn't like the trailer too much. Afraid I will be disappointed but I loved it so much.
Might watch it again this Valentine's Day!

Lebron

It feels like the trailers gave away too many of the good jokes and it seems like the bulk of the movie takes place in 3 locations. Are these observations false from those who have seen it?

JustinBB7

It feels like the trailers gave away too many of the good jokes and it seems like the bulk of the movie takes place in 3 locations. Are these observations false from those who have seen it?

Kinda agree, was still amazing though. Might have something to do with the shorter run time too compared to other super hero movies.Plus this being heavily comedy focused, trailers usually give too much away for those I feel.

Lebron

Kinda agree, was still amazing though. Might have something to do with the shorter run time too compared to other super hero movies.Plus this being heavily comedy focused, trailers usually give too much away for those I feel.
Ah I see. That's what I figured. I'm still pumped to see it. They'll probably get way more freedom now in the sequel.

Grisby

Just got back from seeing it. Went in with no expectations and only a basic concept of the character. Was a damn, damn fun movie.

Really, after all of this Marvel Film universe stuff, this felt like a breath of fresh air. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed a fair amount of those super hero movies, but you gotta love it when

Nicely paced too. I didn't need a three hour film with this type of character.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Deadpool start out as a more serious type of character? Or has he always been 4th wall breaking?

Just got back from seeing it. Went in with no expectations and only a basic concept of the character. Was a damn, damn fun movie.

Really, after all of this Marvel Film universe stuff, this felt like a breath of fresh air. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed a fair amount of those super hero movies, but you gotta love it when

Nicely paced too. I didn't need a three hour film with this type of character.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Deadpool start out as a more serious type of character? Or has he always been 4th wall breaking?

He was a generic mercenary/assassin in his first few appearances, the Deadpool we all know and love was essentially created by Joe Kelly and came along a little later.

Blader

Saw it tonight. I liked it, thought it was fun. Mainly I feel glad for Reynolds that, after years of trying, he finally got this movie made the way it was intended. That it's fun is icing on the cake.

Looking forward to the sequel.

Hey, quick question:

Drug use in this movie? What is there of it, if any?

Only asking because I wanna see this with a friend who just recently got back in town. He's a recovering drug addict though, and I don't wanna take em to something that's gonna be loaded with drugs and stuff.

Grisby

He was a generic mercenary/assassin in his first few appearances, the Deadpool we all know and love was essentially created by Joe Kelly and came along a little later.
A-ha! Thought as much. I always remembered him as being kind of generic. Great turn around for the character.

Feel like I want some Deadpool pajamas right now.

Grisby

Hey, quick question:

Only asking because I wanna see this with a friend who just recently got back in town. He's a recovering drug addict though, and I don't wanna take em to something that's gonna be loaded with drugs and stuff.
Few brief mentions of cocaine. No use. No one's dunking their faces into mountains of it Scarface style or anything.

Hey, quick question:

cocaine is mentioned a few times

cant remember actual drug use on screen, though

but it's as dark as it is absurd and it is glorious

Ascenion

Got back home from seeing it not to long ago. I honestly think it's the second best marvel super hero movie only eclipsed by Spider-Man 2. Never have I seen a film so true to the character.

bigkrev

Got back a little while ago. While it was obvious this had a lower budget than the average superhero film (very few locations, weaker looking SFX), I still had a blast, and I'm so happy Ryan Reynolds finally got to be in a good Super Hero movie!

I think it will surpass estimates significantly. Market analysis can't account for that X-Factor. I should feel bad for that last sentence but it's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom