• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored 2 announced (PC/PS4/XB1, Spring 2016, Chooseable Protag, Void/IT5 Engine)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Playable adult Emily means Old Man Corvo and that makes me happy.

ONE FINAL MISSION

Tamanator

Looks fantastic.

I still really need to get into the first Dishonoured. It's been on my to buy/to play list for far too long now.

Kinyou

Female protag :D
f3372811b2dd4a5e0bf32cfd04f67ebf.png
And here we go. Thanks Arkane for showing Ubi how a female assassin is done ;)

Everyone forgetting that Ac Syndicate has a female protagonist

li bur

GAF available at E3, what a wonderful time we live in.

That said, I'm so hyped for this gimme MOAR GAMEPLAY!

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I really enjoyed my time with the first game, especially doing a "no kill" run. Looking forward to seeing how this one shapes up.

inm8num2

Great to finally see a sequel confirmed. Finally played Dishonored last fall and have been salivating for more since then.

Playing as Emily or Corvo should be fun - Dishonored was all about playing to your own style and preference. Having two protagonists should open the game up to even more possibilities. New powers, items, weapons, traps, etc.

Corpekata

Banned
Didn't they say someone else was on the throne anyway? Likely her throne was taken over and one of the main goals is to take it back.

See, now I'm torn: playing as Emily would be awesome, but Old Man Corvo is too tempting to pass up...

Loved the trailer too, btw. I get the dislike about CG trailers in general, but for sequels? Fair game, IMO. We know what we're getting, here.

Wonder how they're gonna explain an assassin who's also a queen.

There was a line in there about losing an empire, so I assume she's been deposed.

C'mon, save tees really awesome reveals for E3 Bethesda and others. Imagine if Fallout 4 and Dishonored 2 both get announced at E3? That would melt NeoGAF. Now, I'm excited to watch Bethesda's conference, but I expect just some trailers and gameplay versus anticipating announcements.

Kind of disheartening. Happy to see another Dishonored game though.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
maybe she's not 18 yet so not actual queen but soon to be

Didn't they say someone else was on the throne anyway? Likely her throne was taken over and one of the main goals is to take it back.
Nah, endings where she survive have her on the throne being advised by Corvo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95SwE2jOJ1M

A queen that does silencing political opponents by her own?

There was a line in there about losing an empire, so I assume she's been deposed.
Will be intriguing. Please let her have a VA.

This game is probably set after that, after a usurper took the throne, and you're trying to get it back,

She's an adult in the trailer, so yes, and the guy she goes after mentions "do this and you'll become the assassin we've said you are, you'll become one of us."

So def hardcore slander against her causes her to lose the throne

Also this trailer confirms the bad bad ending isn't the canon ending (the one where Emily dies).

Top Bottom