• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored 2 announced (PC/PS4/XB1, Spring 2016, Chooseable Protag, Void/IT5 Engine)

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I do wonder if Emily/Corvo will have any interaction, and/or if either/both are voiced this time around.

CHC

So excited. Kinda bummed it was only CGI but after 3 years of waiting I'm just happy to know it's real and it's comnig.

I can see the bad ending where
Emily becomes a tyrant and rules through fear be the canon one. Maybe the usurper had enough of her tyranny and took matters to his own hand.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I would have preferred to see some gameplay but I already know I'm going to enjoy it. Very happy to have this announced,

Elios83

Looked amazing although CG but is it really coming next spring?
I have the feeling the trailer description is wrong and they got things mixed up with Doom 4.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
OP missin biggest news

2nd playable character is fucking Emily Kaldwin

NfiJOt0.png

Shockingly she's actually the main marketing character to boot.

I can see the bad ending where
Emily becomes a tyrant and rules through fear be the canon one. Maybe the usurper had enough of her tyranny and took matters to his own hand.

There were actually three endings, most people don't know about the third. The first she's a good ruler, the middle is the one everybody knows as the "bad" ending, and the last she dies. It's likely either the good or middle ending can be taken as canon.

Shockingly she's actually the main marketing character to boot.

It's not shocking if you think about it. They already know that people who will play as Corvo (myself) will get the game and play as him. They now need to advertise the shit out of Emily so those who want a female protagonist know she's a playable character.

But you can bet they'll have Corvo on the back of the box and emphasize "play as Corvo or Emily" somewhere

glaurung

Cool little trailer. Need to see proper gameplay and game graphics before this can be compared to the first game though.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It's not shocking if you think about it. They already know that people who will play as Corvo (myself) will get the game and play as him. They now need to advertise the shit out of Emily so those who want a female protagonist know she's a playable character.

But you can bet they'll have Corvo on the back of the box and emphasize "play as Corvo or Emily" somewhere
It's more that historically most developers with chooseable protagonists lead with the male one and if someone is on the box, put them there.

It's very rare to see the reverse.

There were actually three endings, most people don't know about the third. The first she's a good ruler, the middle is the one everybody knows as the "bad" ending, and the last she dies. It's likely either the good or middle ending can be taken as canon.

I know about the three endings. What I was referring to was the middle one, which is Bad imo lol. If I was referring to Emily's death ending, I would've said "Very Bad" or "Worst" :p

Also, how doe we know that it's Spring 2016? I didn't hear that I think.

Bam

Banned
So unbelievably happy that we can play as Emily. Hopefully Corvo isn't a silent protagonist this time and the same goes for Emily.

Sotha_Sil

CGI trailers do nothing for me besides show art direction, and this one showed some good things. What got me excited was hearing about how all the choice/consequence, open-ended level design, and kill/no-kill strategies are all back in the sequel.

The game is in good hands.

I'm really impressed and pleased that Arkane Studios has pushed the boat out a bit with their art style and environments. The first Dishonored is quite a dark game most of the time, a lot of night time and rain but here we see day light and a more tropical setting. It just goes to show that their visual look is great enough to extend into another kind of location.

Elios83

It wasn't, op got this confused with Doom

OP is quoting the official trailer description on youtube, problem is that it's likely they got that messed up with Doom 4.
No release date was given at the conference, they won't release this and Doom at the same time. I think this will be released at the end of 2016.

It's more that historically most developers with chooseable protagonists lead with the male one and if someone is on the box, put them there.

It's very rare to see the reverse.

I mean the key situation I saw it in was Mass Effect, where broshep was in the cover from the beginning. An open world first person action game can probably do fine in advertising with a female lead even if they have a male one. But I guess it all depends on test groups? I don't know

I mean to be fair putting a darth vader looking motherfucker will likely get you to sell copies.

SRTtoZ

Gemüsepizza;167898229 said:
It's not a daily/flash deal yet, it will probably get cheaper in the coming days. You might also want to consider the Goty edition, DLC seems to be mostly good.

You're right, they will probably do a Bethesda sale at some point hopefully.

Vesper73

Excellent! Will be looking forward to this with great anticipation. The first game was a fantastic, and this looks to be even better.

Even if that's a CG trailer, I'm pretty stoked about there being a Dishonored 2 and that Emily is a playable character in it. It would be awesome if you could import your saves from the first game and that would alter the second in some way. I always loved talking to Emily at the inn and seeing how my playthrough affected her drawings and what she would say. She was a frightening little monster in high chaos runs.

Hunter S.

I wonder if you had the dark ending in Dishonered, then you start out with a darker version of Dishonored 2 and vice versa.

Top Bottom