• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA E3 2015 Sports Interview Press Conference Thread

What are you here for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Unravel was the only good thing.

Open World Mirror's Edge? No thank you.
Battlefront? Looks like a Battlefield skin and wasn't impressive at all.

No Criterion project, no Visceral and a Mass Effect announcement which leaves everyone clueless and not a bit smarter.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Youtube stream fucking recks Twitch TV.

Bitrate is so fucking high in 1080p@60fps while twitch was running at 720p with shitty bitrate on source.

Thank you Youtube.

Euron

Conference was a 3/10 at most. Without Battlefront, Mirror's Edge, and Unravel it would have been worse.

I can't believe they had a shit conference after what happened last year. Barely any of Mass Effect was shown. We don't know anything more than we did before other than the title and release window. Pacing was some of the worst I've ever seen. Went from Unravel to a cringe worthy zombie costume to sports to mobile to Pele to Mirror's Edge to Madden to Battlefront. If they announced an available beta like they did with Hardline last year I would have forgiven them.

As good as their three best games were, the shit pacing and dull segments dragged everything down.

Edit: Twitch somehow managed to deserve an even lower score than EA. I sat through that damn Pele thing only to have the stream crap out on me once we get to something people actually want to see? Fuck off

I thought Microsofts was bad... this makes that showing look amazing. Sony could come out and take a dump on stage and have a decent shot at winning E3.

YXpl63v.jpg

d00d3n

Icelandic naming convention (ingavars Dottir)

And she sounds Bjork esque.
Definitely doesn't sound Swedish to me, I'm less familiar with Finnish though.

Wonderful accent either way though, a career in audiobooks awaits her.

May have made the wrong call, yeah that name sounds icelandic.

CTLance

Sweet merciful Jove, that was a pretty terrible presentation from my POV. Loads of stills, talking, CG, saved only by an exceedingly tiny handful of even only remotely appealing footage.

Oh, also Pele. Loads and loads of Pele. And yet barely any content.

kmax

Strong points for Mirror's Edge, Starwars Battlefront and the Mass Effect trailer.

Mobile, EA? Story talk with Grandpa?

4/10

Mirror's Edge: Catalyst and Battlefront actually made me and my girlfriend tear up.

Unraveled looked cute enough and the guy shaking made me emotional and feel bad for how nervous he was.

Everything else was hot fucking trash. We checked out the second the EA Sports shit kicked off. Plus, PvZ:GW2 looked exactly like the first one.

All in all, C-
The only reason they're getting points at all was MEC, Unraveled and Battlefront.

:/
I honestly should've just taken a nap.
I could've watched the trailers/gameplay vids for Mass Effect, the yarn game, and SW: Battlefront later in the day.

I don't get people saying that "sport stuff run for too long"... are this people serious? EA became a powerhouse and it is currently the biggest 3rd party publisher in the world BECAUSE of the sports games.

FIFA and Madden are perhaps one of the most famous videogame brands on the world. I would guess more people on the world have played a game of FIFA over the last 25 years that people that have played almost any other videogame franchise... And people still think that the sport segments were out of place? I mean I know most videogame fans aren't the most biggest sport fans, but people need to realize that FIFA and Madden are more than videogames at this point.

Surprised they didn't release any new info on the Criterion project they announced at last years E3. I thought that game looked interesting. I was actually looking forward to hearing more about it.

Strike

Started falling apart around Unravel. Mobile and Sports (particularly that Pele interview) totally sucked all the life out of the conference. Battlefront was not enough to save it. Anyway, Ubi is next and they never seem to run out of awkward and cringe worthy moments.

damn twitch is shitting itself

Google has shit on twitch so badly throughout E3 it's amazing really. Shit brightnes levels, jittery as fuck, mass amounts of buffering, crashing in the middle of big moments.

Twitch needs to upgrade their servers and get HTML5 up and ready, like right now. Google is not one of the companies they can just ignore so it's time for them to start giving a shit again.

zugzug

heh twitchtv EA broadcast crashed on me during the madden preview so I switched to Youtube and watched all of the EA Star wars presentation on Youtube with zero issues. Went back to twitch after conference ended and still can't load twitch at all it started to load showed Lirik was down 14k viewers from his preveious amount clicked to enter his room wouldnt' load reloaded whole Twitch page and it showed every game with zero viewers except for 112 people playing Elder scrolls MMO.

Youtube wins over twitch critical streaming moment.

Skux

This will go down as one of the worst conferences of all time. When we could have had Battlefront, Mass Effect, and Mirror's Edge, we got mobile games, Pele droning aimlessly, and sports sandwiched between sports.

Battlefront saved it, but only just. The yarn game and Need For Speed looked nice though.

Riposte

People sure hate sports games with a passion.

I think people should tolerate them a little more than they do, but this year's showing was downright terrible, although sprinkled with moments of absurdity. Whenever they bring out an athlete it's always a bad show, and this year was particularly weird.

Top Bottom