• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eddie Griffin defends Cosby, alleges ‘systematic effort to destroy’ black male stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oddduck

Comedian/Actor Eddie Griffin says the recent Bill Cosby allegations are part of a bigger conspiracy in the U.S. to destroy successful black people. He brings up Michael Jackson's child molestation accusations, Kobe Bryant's rape allegations, and reports of Michael Jordon's excessive gambling.

(For the record, no I don't agree with anything that Eddie Griffin is saying. But this story is being reported by large outlets like NBC/MSNBC so I figured it was worth discussing.)

Comedian Eddie Griffin lashed out at accusers of Bill Cosby and suggested there was a conspiracy in the U.S. to topple African-American cultural icons in a video interview published Wednesday on the hip-hop tabloid website VladTV.

When asked about the slew of women who have alleged sexual misconduct, including drugging and assault, at the hands of the now 78-year-old comedian, Griffin said, “There is a systematic effort to destroy every black male entertainer’s image. They want us all to have an asterisk by our name.” He went on to reference the 2003 rape allegations against Kobe Bryant, child molestation accusations against the late pop star Michael Jackson and reports of excessive gambling regarding retired NBA star Michael Jordan as examples.

“Nobody leaves this business clean,” he added.

“Did he rape these b**ches?” Griffin asks rhetorically in his VladTV interview. “Why would you go to the room of a known married man?”

“First off you have to remember this was in the ’70s. I’m old enough to remember the ’70s. The ’70s is a different time,” said Griffin, who claimed that Quaaludes were frequently used to help people “level out” after cocaine use.

“[Cosby] has single-handedly sent a bunch of brothers and sisters to college. Even if he didn’t pay for it himself, he gave them the idea that it was possible,” said Griffin who called the embattled comedian a “class act.” “And then some p***y is supposed to tear that down.”

Source: MSNBC, VIBE

Sounds like Undercover Brother's been spending too much time with Conspiracy Brother.

undercover-brother-5.jpg

-griffy-

Banned
Eddie Griffin complains of systemic problems faced by famous black men while in the same breath furthering systemic issues against women by victim blaming women who have suffered sexual abuse.

“Did he rape these b**ches?” Griffin asks rhetorically in his VladTV interview. “Why would you go to the room of a known married man?”

Oh my fucking goooooooooood just shut up douche.

Eddie Griffin complains of systemic problems faced by famous black men while in the same breath furthering systemic issues against women by victim blaming women who have suffered sexual abuse.

Yes, thank you. This is what I felt in my soul and was completely unable to put into words.

Afrocious

I fucking hate shit like this. Bill Cosby isn't worth the defense or the time or day to even consider he's being destroyed because of his success. We (as in black people) can do better than him. And it outright disgusts me to see black men rail on the women who gave testimonies by calling them whores and such.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Griffin compared the plethora of women who have come forward recently alleging misconduct decades prior to someone who reports a robbery 30 years after the fact and pointed out that film director Roman Polanski, who was convicted on unlawful sex with a minor and fled to Europe in the late ’70s to avoid U.S. jail time, is still working.
“[Cosby] has single-handedly sent a bunch of brothers and sisters to college. Even if he didn’t pay for it himself, he gave them the idea that it was possible,” said Griffin who called the embattled comedian a “class act.” “And then some p***y is supposed to tear that down.”

Holy fucking shit, this guy...

I fucking hate seeing people try to defend this man with talk of conspiracies.

He's a rapist.

I fucking hate shit like this. Bill Cosby isn't worth the defense or the time or day to even consider he's being destroyed because of his success. We (as in black people) can do better than him. And it outright disgusts me to see black men rail on the women who gave testimonies by calling them whores and such.

Said it better than me.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I used to like Eddie Griffin (mostly because of the World Series of Dice sketch). I then made the mistake of watching one of his stand-ups on Netflix, he is a horrible human being.

This doesn't surprise me one bit.

harSon

Banned
70's were a different time bruhs

We can't let pussy tear down what Cosby has built bruhs

What about Roman tho bruhs

What about that robbery three decades ago bruhs

Get the fuck out of here Eddie Griffen

The Beard

This type of shit is sad. Yes Eddie, it's all just a big conspiracy. Michael Jackson was just a normal dude that liked having sleepovers with preteen boys. Someone hired 30+ women to say Cosby drugged and raped them because he almost made it through life without a blemish, and we just can't have that. All of Jordan's black friends that always talk about how crazy competitive he is and how much he loves to gamble is just an inside job to bring him down. smh fucking delusional.

LionPride

Banned
I'm really starting to believe that whole only one successful black comedian per decade thing where there is only one who actually is very successful and the other somewhat successful ones fall off and do crazy shit

yep, its a sad thing to see

Well it's obvious what Eddie Griffin thinks of women. Ask why the fuck a married man is inviting women to see him.

Don't agree with him but definitely a difference in how Coby was treated vs other stars who have committed crimes against women and children in the past.

harSon

Banned
Don't agree with him but definitely a difference in how Coby was treated vs other stars who have committed crimes against women and children in the past.

That difference comes from the fact that he's about 30+ allegations deep, as well as the virtuous family man image he was trying to shove down people's throats.

Sapiens

Lol, he remembers being at most 12 in the 70s and taking 'ludes to chill his bitches out after they did coke together.

Comeon.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Wasn't it a black comedian who called Bill Cosby out for raping women?
Hannibal Buress. Guess he doesn't count for reasons.

Lol, he remembers being at most 12 in the 70s and taking 'ludes to chill his bitches out after they did coke together.

Comeon.
Yeah that was total bullshit, but even if he did remember, it wouldn't justify anything whatsoever.

Dude's a disgusting sociopath.

Probably because Cosby is known to be incredibly condescending and comes off as overly critical of certain demographics.

Makes him look like a hypocrite.

Quixzlizx

Didn't Cosby often have a "black people cause their own problems" attitude as he grew older? You'd think the racist conspiracy would want to prop him up as "one of the good ones," not tear him down.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Hannibal Buress. Guess he doesn't count for reasons.

Why was it that a comedian got the ball rolling on this? I'm kinda curious as to how this took so long to become general public knowledge when apparently the info was out there.

Why was it that a comedian got the ball rolling on this? I'm kinda curious as to how this took so long to become general public knowledge when apparently the info was out there.
People don't believe rape victims when they speak out, especially when it's against a popular celebrity.

Hannibal's video went viral and got people talking, and the pressure from the world talking about it got us here.

Speevy

Banned
Didn't Cosby often have a "black people cause their own problems" attitude as he grew older? You'd think the racist conspiracy would want to prop him up as "one of the good ones," not tear him down.

As I recall, Cosby thinks black people need to take responsibility for their own actions.

In his case, it's about damn time.

dakun

there is no doubt in my mind that people conspired to take down MJ. Mainly the parents of the two kids and the DA that was hunting MJ for 15 years.

Griffin is on a whole different level of conspiracy theorist though..

Sandfox

Cosby both helped out and paved the road for a lot of black people so I can see why Griffin would try to defend him, but I don't agree.

Foffy

Banned
To Griffin's credit, black people are treated so poorly in America that this can be genuinely argued as an example of systemic racism.

Too bad he's banking on a horse than even if that were true, Cosby did in fact do a lot of shady shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom