• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eddie Griffin defends Cosby, alleges ‘systematic effort to destroy’ black male stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
To Griffin's credit, black people are treated so poorly in America that this can be genuinely argued as an example of systemic racism.

Too bad he's banking on a horse than even if that were true, Cosby did in fact do a lot of shady shit.

Yeah but you're talking about a guy who's actually been taught in schools as an example of African Americans succeeding in America.

I don't imagine we'll be hearing that Hank Aaron raped anyone any time soon.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
As a white, I can assure you, Bill "Pull Your Pants Up" Cosby isn't on our secret illuminati hit list.

Foffy

Banned
Yeah but you're talking about a guy who's actually been taught in schools as an example of African Americans succeeding in America.

I don't imagine we'll be hearing that Hank Aaron raped anyone any time soon.

That's what makes the Cosby case so interesting to me. A man who has done good for some is the same person who has made the lives of others absolute hells. How can a single person be this type of yinyang?

“The past is a ghost, the future a dream and all we ever have is now.”

Consider for a moment that this beacon of wisdom, while absolutely true, came from a mass rapist. Much like Mother Teresa, some good things are usurped by absolutely vile things.

It absolutely cannot.

You intentionally avoided the second part of my post, making it seem like I'm being a sort of apologist. My point, if it needed to be explained further, is that the state of affairs for black people are in America that it would not be too far fetched to assume conspiratory theories because of how absurdly poor they're treated.

This point can perhaps be made about any black person except Bill Cosby.

That's what makes the Cosby case so interesting to me. A man who has done good for some is the same person who has made the lives of others absolute hells.

“The past is a ghost, the future a dream and all we ever have is now.”

Consider for a moment that this beacon of wisdom, while absolutely true, came from a mass rapist.

You intentionally avoided the second part of my post, making it seem like I'm being a sort of apologist. My point, if it needed to be explained further, is that the state of affairs for black people are in America that it would not be too far fetched to assume conspiratory theories because of how absurdly poor they're treated.

This point can perhaps be made about any black person except Bill Cosby.
I mean, I guess he would want people to forget his past huh?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
there is no doubt in my mind that people conspired to take down MJ. Mainly the parents of the two kids and the DA that was hunting MJ for 15 years.

Griffin is on a whole different level of conspiracy theorist though..

Even if there were a conspiracy Michael himself admitted to having sleepovers with preteen boys. If anyone is responsible for the "conspiracy " it's him, his handlers and his own behavior. It didn't need a conspiracy.

Speevy

Banned
When future generations hear of Bill Cosby, will they know him as an entertainer who opened the door for African Americans to succeed in entertainment? Then *psst, did you know he was a rapist?*

Or will it be the story of a rapist who had a successful television show?

Mimosa97

Oh another mysogynistic rapist apologist calling rape victims " bitches " and a rapist " a class act " who'll probably get away with it.

These fucking conspiracy theorists digust me. Does he ever think of the victims and how they feel when they hear people like him ? He's just as bad as those sandy hook truthers.

trixx

Nah Eddie your argument is faulty and the that I've encountered leads me to believe he did it. No defending that, there may be some merit to your other points but there's no defence in this regard.

Also yeah his language is very disgusting

When future generations hear of Bill Cosby, will they know him as an entertainer who opened the door for African Americans to succeed in entertainment? Then *psst, did you know he was a rapist?*

I think probably the latter mostly. I mean technically some people still think of Joe Paterno as a good football coach first. But those people are lunatics.

Foffy

Banned

I think he will suffer the fate of Mother Teresa. Seen for the vile nature she emanated from her position of ascribed authority, but somehow seen as saintly in the community that respects her. This will be Cosby's legacy, but replace the abuses in the name of religion with abuses in the name of celebrity.

Afrocious

To Griffin's credit, black people are treated so poorly in America that this can be genuinely argued as an example of systemic racism.

Too bad he's banking on a horse than even if that were true, Cosby did in fact do a lot of shady shit.

Griffin is doing shit some black men will do when they give no fucks about women.

It's quite pervasive.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Lmfao has Southpark made an episode about this yet?

Yes! It's not the focus of the episode, but there's a scene of him drying to get Taylor Swift to drink wine.

o-BILL-COSBY-TAYLOR-SWIFT-SOUTH-PARK-DUET-facebook.jpg

Edit: oh you meant the conspiracies. Don't think so.

Quixzlizx

Oh another mysogynistic rapist apologist calling rape victims " bitches " and a rapist " a class act " who'll probably get away with it.

These fucking conspiracy theorists digust me. Does he ever think of the victims and how they feel when they hear people like him ? He's just as bad as those sandy hook truthers.

At least black people are actually persecuted in reality, unlike white gun-owners.

Still a dumbass conspiracy theory, though.

The White Council sure breathed a big sigh of relief.

"Man, that Cosby ni... uh, I mean, THUG almost got away with being a black male star! Thank GOD he drugged and raped a bunch of women! That was a close one, boys!"

I mean... seriously, what?

dakun

Even if there were a conspiracy Michael himself admitted to having sleepovers with preteen boys. If anyone is responsible for the "conspiracy " it's him, his handlers and his own behavior. It didn't need a conspiracy.

was he insanely naive and stupid in thinking that people wouldn't assume the worst when they heard him say he shared his bed with kids.. obviously.
But to go one step further and and make it a case in court it absolutely needed a conspiracy that was created outside of his actions. If you read up on the case that actually went to a trial the case is absolutely insane. No sane person would convict anyone after reading the testimony of the family that accused him.

Speevy

Banned
I kind of feel sorry for celebrities who grow to appreciate other celebrities who are later charged with a crime.

I'm not defending Griffin's dumb ass by any means, but the world of celebrity is an insular one and I can totally see (for example) Matt Damon defending Ben Affleck if Affleck were charged with a murder.

How many celebrities rushed to defend Cosby when this story first surfaced, before all of it was known by the general public?

Mimosa97

At least black people are actually persecuted in reality, unlike white gun-owners.

Still a dumbass conspiracy theory, though.

The systemic racism against black people doesn't give him a pass.

And no he's not just a dumbass. He's way worse than that.

Well from that 'boycotting The Force Awakens cost Disney $4m' thread, we know that the conspiracy is actually about getting more black male stars, in an effort to undermine white men. I mean look at the indisputable evidence that is the 'little white cuck ball', BB-8! That alone invalidates Eddie Griffins argument!

Seriously though, the guy is being a wanker of the highest order, and should really just shut up when there's already been so many accusations made toward Cosby.

I mean the logic doesn't track, unless someone is coming for Oprah, Michael Strahan, Beyonce/Jay-Z, Pharrell, Serena Williams, Richard Sherman, Kerry Washington, Eric Holder, etc...

The truth is that celebrities are just people and people sometimes do wrong shit, so I'm sure none of those folks up above are perfect, but that's a far cry from the extensive rape allegations against Cosby.

Come on, Eddie.

Quixzlizx

The systemic racism against black people doesn't give him a pass.

And no he's not just a dumbass. He's way worse than that.

That wasn't my point at all. White gun owners don't even have any logical basis to assume that someone might be conspiring against them, since society is currently under their control.

Cerium

If he was white, he would have fled to France and continued to direct movies.

Polanski deserves vigilante justice at this point but America keeps trying to extradite him and Europe keeps saying nah so there's not much more than can be done within the boundaries of the law.

Slayven

Sit your ass down, Eddie we know how foul you are.

Didn't Cosby often have a "black people cause their own problems" attitude as he grew older? You'd think the racist conspiracy would want to prop him up as "one of the good ones," not tear him down.

Exactly

I think the "consiracy" that could even be considered viable is that for a long time during his prime there were people in his industry well aware of Cosby's sexual predilections and protected him due to his status. The rich and powerful always get that treatment.

The amount of people that would be involved in a multidecade conspiracy to falsify rape allegations is ridiculous.

Maybe, just maybe Cosby is a sick fuck that rapes women. It's sad to see the legacy (in terms of what it meant to black people) of his work tarnished but that's his fault and his fault alone.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
If South Park made an episode joking about conspiracies against black men, it will easily be the most controversial episode they've had in years

I dunno, have you seen the episode 'World War Zimmerman'?

Timely thread. I have thought about making a thread about the weird Cosby defense force and their arguments. It's pretty misogynistic to dismiss the allegations and call victims "bitches." Trying to turn this shit into some racial conspiracy is absurd. If allegations were trounced up to ruin the reputation of a black celebrity it wouldn't be done so long after most people stopped caring about Cosby.

It's crazy/sad to see so many people go outta their way to be sexist rape apologists. I'm not too surprised that Eddie Griffin's ashy ass aint shit though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom