• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eddie Griffin defends Cosby, alleges ‘systematic effort to destroy’ black male stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm0rt4l

There is no conspiracy. Bills biggest critics for the last 20 years have been black people because of his respectability politics and purity culture bullshit. I guess Hannibal burress is a puppet/trojan horse too huh? Bunch of fucking nonsense.

There is no conspiracy. Bills biggest critics for the last 20 years have been black people because of his respectability politics and purity culture bullshit. I guess Hannibal burress is a puppet/trojan horse too huh? Bunch of fucking nonsense.

Yeah seriously. Bill Cosby is the last black person that the powers that be want to discredit.

Rival

Gold Member
You all just don't understand. It was the seventies. We used to rape all the time it was fine.

What an idiot. I suppose we all took down OJ Simpson too.

this really isn't Eddie Griffin's fault.

this is the fault of so many white people still being racist.

how can we expect Eddie Griffin to trust the words of the oppressors that still oppress to this day?

the words of the people who say racism is over? or the ones who say it exists but when shown actual racism, claim it's something else in that instance.

Eddie Griffin distrusts these accounts because of the history of hundreds of years of systemic aggression that continues to this day as twelve year old boys get murdered on camera with no repercussions.

why should Eddie Griffin believe?

hypernima

Banned
Sigh

Time to cross another one off the list

i know right? all these people coming out the woodwork on some bullshit got me feeling like they think it's this list

5517713_f520.jpg

And now they're trying to take down Eddie Griffin by portraying him as a sexist asshole.

:lol:

I mean the logic doesn't track, unless someone is coming for Oprah, Michael Strahan, Beyonce/Jay-Z, Pharrell, Serena Williams, Richard Sherman, Kerry Washington, Eric Holder, etc...

The truth is that celebrities are just people and people sometimes do wrong shit, so I'm sure none of those folks up above are perfect, but that's a far cry from the extensive rape allegations against Cosby.

Come on, Eddie.

exactly, eddie is so sad in saying this. i guess that what happens when you havent been revelant since malcolm and eddie.

Imm0rt4l

how can we expect Eddie Griffin to trust the words of the oppressors that still oppress to this day?

the words of the people who say racism is over? or the ones who say it exists but when shown actual racism, claim it's something else in that instance.

Eddie Griffin distrusts these accounts because of the history of hundreds of years of systemic aggression that continues to this day as twelve year old boys get murdered on camera with no repercussions.

sad thing is that there is some merit to institutional racism and wanting to see black men fail. But this isn't a hill I'd want to die on. I'm sure their are better examples he could use to illustrate his point. Dudes being an idiot straight up.

Garlador

I'm more confused why he doesn't trust the words of the "oppressed".

Many of his accusers are black women, and it was a black comedian that led the charge into the investigation in the first place. Why is Eddie against trusting them?

... Or is it because they're "bitches"? (Seriously, Eddie, shut up).

Paul Mooney said the same thing, he wasn't as direct with it tho. Chapelle, talked about it before too (not cosby, but the whole counter-culture part).

This post is bad and you should feel bad.

How about you take another look at the actual words the man is saying? Its pure misogynistic victim-blaming bullshit. He doesn't get a pass for that just because black people are discriminated against.

Madness

Because the words are coming from the 'oppressed' themselves. Black women coming forward that Cosby raped them and that his status amongst the black community meant he was untouchable for years. This isn't something that just came out of nowhere. And it was black comedian Hannibal Burress who brought this to the forefront recently.

I mean the attitude you're showing here, and Eddie Griffins insistence this is all a big conspiracy is what lead to Cosby evading all this for years, because he was a successful black man, a family man, a comedian, a star who made the Cosby Show. He 'CANT' be a bad man, this is all a conspiracy.

RobNBanks

Banned
I keep seeing this shit pop up on my facebook.

I guess Morgan Freeman and Samuel L Jackson (to name a few male stars off the top of my head) got their application for honorary white people accepted.

Because the people who are making the rape accusations aren't oppressors. Women are also a disenfranchised minority. The extent may be different but that point is moot.

hollomat

Banned

Is this sarcasm? If not, what the hell is wrong with you?

Yeah, We should definitely ignore the words of all the women (some of which are black) who came forward. You know those "bitches" who were in a room with a married man. It was the 70's after all and people had Coke spoons on their necks, rape was cool then. Right?

Yet another Gaffer outed as being a misogynist defending conspirator. The hell! This man calls women who were raped "bitches" and we give him the benefit of doubting these women?? It literally gives me a headache even thinking about how this is a fucking conspiracy against black people. 30+ women came forward man, I mean come on!!

I mean is this sarcasm or something? I can't tell.

Edit: Another point came up saying how the "White Oppression Council" would actually support Cosby because he did the bootstraps thing. Cosby is just a serial rapist who belongs in prison and nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom