• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eddie Griffin defends Cosby, alleges ‘systematic effort to destroy’ black male stars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since he has not been convicted of anything. It is ok for people to defend him.

None of us know if Bill raped anybody. So we really have to chill until after the trial.

Smoke is heavy right now though.

riotous

Banned
Eddie Griffin said:
single-handedly sent a bunch of brothers and sisters to college. Even if he didn’t pay for it himself, he gave them the idea that it was possible,

That's not how single-handedly doing things works.

I fucking hate shit like this. Bill Cosby isn't worth the defense or the time or day to even consider he's being destroyed because of his success. We (as in black people) can do better than him. And it outright disgusts me to see black men rail on the women who gave testimonies by calling them whores and such.

70's were a different time bruhs

We can't let pussy tear down what Cosby has built bruhs

What about Roman tho bruhs

What about that robbery three decades ago bruhs

Get the fuck out of here Eddie Griffen

Both of these.

Thanks, Eddie, for starting off 2016 with a bang.

Please shut the fuck up and never say words again.

The Beard

None of us know if Bill raped anybody. So we really have to chill until after the trial.

This is somewhat true, but when you have 30+ victims come forward? I don't see how any could defend him. Also, when you start calling the rape victims ugly like Damon Wayons did, or calling the rape victims "bitches", then you just look like a dumb asshole.

There's a way you can respectfully defend a friend before they're convicted, this is not it.

I have absolutely no respect for anybody still defending this creep even after the news about the quaaludes came out. Like what the fuck, it all came straight from the man itself.

Yeah, Cosby made a lot of strides for black entertainers, but that just makes the fact that he abused the clout he had even worse. We can do better than tow the line for a serial rapist.

Speevy

Banned

It's okay for people to defend him even after the trial because he won't be convicted.

It's also okay for us to tell those people how wrong they are because it's pretty obvious that he did it.

Cyan

Banned

He hasn't been convicted and might never be. But if you haven't figured out by now that Bill Cosby is a serial rapist you haven't been paying attention. And sure, sometimes we don't pay attention to news stories. Sometimes we're defensive of people we like because we don't want to believe they did something bad. But there comes a point where you have to stop fooling for yourself. For most of us that point is somewhere before "raped 30+ women."

I mean, look at what this guy said. What a dick.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Statements like this are immensely insulting and dismissive to both Cosby's reputed victims, which include people of colour, and the actual issues of systematic racism in Hollywood.

Eddie is one of those "funny shit white people do" comedians so im not surprised in where he comes down on this.

Putting it frankly, he comes from a simplier time. Undercover brother was less comedy than you think.

That all being said, he has just as much right to question the details of the case as you or I.

However insenstive you may find his comments, you have no idea how informed he is about the cases. He could just be commenting on the little he has heard in passing, or on the news.

In our hyper connected culture we forget that there are many people who simply dont for whatever reason look for all the facts before speaking their mind. Sounds like eddie was saying something off the cuff which was more in line with his previous stances on the entertainment industry rather than from a position of knowing what has actually alledegy happened with cosby.

Slayven

He hasn't been convicted and might never be. But if you haven't figured out by now that Bill Cosby is a serial rapist you haven't been paying attention. And sure, sometimes we don't pay attention to news stories. Sometimes we're defensive of people we like because we don't want to believe they did something bad. But there comes a point where you have to stop fooling for yourself. For most of us that point is somewhere before "raped 30+ women."

I mean, look at what this guy said. What a dick.

I mean the guy had a gynecologist on call prescribing him crazy amount of pills. Even at a glance there is a mountain of damning evidence some of it Cosby provided himself.

Bill Cosby forgot he was Black. He can't get away with that casting couch/rape shit that the rich white executives get away with. He was fucked the moment he tried to buy NBC.

aeolist

Banned
so he's basically saying that cosby did drug these women and then have sex with them while they were under the influence and he doesn't care?

thanks for letting us know you're a piece of shit, eddie

NastyBook

Bill has nobody to blame but himself, the hypocritical asshole. Stop defending somebody who was sending stocks in glass houses through the roof, Eddie.

The Kree

Banned
Nobody wants to think of their friends or heroes as monsters.

But yo... fifty women. Where there's smoke there's fire.

Let me pretense the below by saying I hope this doesnt come off sounding racist.

I am so tired of Individuals intersecting race into conversations when it is not needed. I and many other do not care what race you are. We wouldn't care if you were green. Being a certain race doesn't give you a free pass at valid criticisms. Eddie Griffin is just another in a line of people and movements trying to bring in race when it is not warranted.

It needs to stop.

Slayven

The same people that use that argument also use it for R.Kelly, and Clarence Thompson used it when he was in shit.

Tells you all you need to know.

Let me pretense the below by saying I hope this doesnt come off sounding racist.

I am so tired of African Americans playing the race card. I and many other do not care that you are black. We wouldn't care if you were green. Being black doesn't give you a free pass at valid criticisms. Eddie Griffin is just another in a line of people and movements trying to play the race card when it is not warranted.

It needs to stop.

Eddie Griffin speaks for Eddie Griffin

And yeah, you didn't do too well in not coming off racist

The Kree

Banned

I am so tired of African Americans playing the race card. I and many other do not care that you are black. We wouldn't care if you were green. Being black doesn't give you a free pass at valid criticisms. Eddie Griffin is just another in a line of people and movements trying to play the race card when it is not warranted.

It needs to stop.

This comes off sounding racist.

Speevy

Banned

It needs to stop.

As a white person, let me say that the phrase "playing the race card" has never been paired with a valid argument about anything.

If anyone wants to say something is the way it is because they are black, then we fairly judge what they are saying. If it is true, they have a point. If it is not true, as in the case here, we call them on their bullshit.

There is no card. If there was such a card, no one would want to play it. It would be like the card that sends you back 10 spaces on the board.

Kreed

I find if hard to believe Eddie Griffin didn't see what happened to Damon Wayans and how he got destroyed online/in the media after he defended Bill Cosby on the Breakfast Club radio show last year. But then again Eddie probably sees any attention as good news.

Blader

Bill Cosby was widely beloved -- including by white people, mind you -- for decades. If this was part of a systematic effort to destroy another black entertainer, then it was a really fucking late effort.

Wag

150727-nymag-jhc-0938_2c88aeb28db4aeedfc6ea3479b482a8c.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

This is true because only white women are among Cosby's accusers.

Eddie speaks a lot on racism in Hollywood and a lot of it is true (such as putting all the black shows against one another on Thursday night) and some of it is just his anger going a little to far such as in this situation.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Are those the women? I was sure he did it but now I'm not sure because most of them are ugly.
Shit 99hertz, even I don't go that dark around here.

The amazing part is that he probably would have gotten away with it if he wasn't such a sanctimonious asshole. It's the character flaw that makes it even more believable.

I am so tired of Individuals intersecting race into conversations when it is not needed. I and many other do not care what race you are. We wouldn't care if you were green. Being a certain race doesn't give you a free pass at valid criticisms. Eddie Griffin is just another in a line of people and movements trying to bring in race when it is not warranted.

It needs to stop.
It is though, the casting couch rape thing is huge in Hollywood and the rich white people don't get caught.
Are those the women? I was sure he did it but now I'm not sure because most of them are ugly.
FAM you know this doesn't mean anything. Everybody knew dude was a serial rapist and he showed all the signs of being one. I think he even confessed to it

Patapwn

The guy thinks that there's some conspiracy against successful black men

He choose the wrong evidence to incorporate in his argument

This isn't that uncommon of a viewpoint. I have coworkers at my job who believe that the entire Bill Cosby thing is a huge conspiracy by the nation's elite to keep the black community down. Basically, ten years ago Bill Cosby spoke out against the black community about getting their act together as he told them that they had to pull their pants up and stop giving their children funny names. This brought fear into the eyes of America's (mostly white) elite class. So they huddled together and tried to find a way to pin Bill Cosby down. They struggled to find a way but it wasn't until Hannibal, the comedian, brought back Cosby's previous rape controversies to light. The white elite then decided to exploit this as someone putting down Bill Cosby's message who is black will make the black community turn away from Cosby and discredit them. The government proceeded to push Hannibal's agenda throughout the media and pay a bunch of black women to say that Cosby raped them. Now the black community can't get their act together because they will no longer listen to Cosby's message and will forever be held down by society thanks to Hannibal and the ultra white elite. Again I am not kidding they spent a whole hour talking about this and this is word for what what they said.

99hertz

FAM you know this doesn't mean anything. Everybody knew dude was a serial rapist and he showed all the signs of being one. I think he even confessed to it
Oh, I'm not defending him, I just never saw photos of the women that were accusing him before. I also didn't have in mind those are pictures of how they look now. It's obvious but I got confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom