• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf |OT| We'll miss you Hot Shots Golf

GWX

Only got a few games in last night.

Not happy to be back on traditional shot, but I can deal with that.

Why in the hell is PUTTING a 3 tick shot now?!?!?!

None of them I remember playing made putting like this, it was 2 hits.
That just seems silly.

Also it feels like they made the green movement markers much harder to see.

Ugh, my putting was the only reason I could get to top tier online tournaments.
I can't sink a putt now.

Liked the character creator and the layout of the game. I like the connected feel of Golf Island with other 'players' on the course playing to.

Now I'm scared (preordered the game digitally, but didn't have time to play just yet). Putting has no business being a three-step shot 😩. Please be bearable; I always suck at putting as is.

Heel

KS8000 here too. i was thinking the 60fps mode but now I don't know.

How is the HDR implementation?

HDR is surprisingly subtle, at least to me. I thought with the color palette that they'd go more over the top with saturation.

You can use HDR in 60fps mode. That's what I'm sticking with.

I don't think so. It seems they are making everyone play the same way this time without shot preference. Maybe it's to make it more even..I guess?

Lots of comments I've seen about not finding or unlocking any other shot method. Even if you could, I would hope they don't make you play 20 hours of the game with the shot style and then give you the option to change it.

Blech.

wapplew

when you get a stat upgrade, is it a general one - like '1W +3 distance' which will apply to any club you equip, or is it attached to that specific club?

Because if you win/buy better clubs but they're back at square one regarding stats it'd be a bit of a pain.

You keep the progress.

Has anyone received their preorder bonuses yet? I'm getting the game later today (Tuesday) at Best Buy via in-store pickup but wonder when I should be getting the email.
I preordered from Best Buy and I haven't gotten anything or heard anything. I'm not even sure what our bonus was.

Edit - checked my order, and the digital stuff is still processing. But here's what it is:

Check out the list of bonus items below that you'll receive when you pre-order Everybody's Golf today. The following pre-order bonus items will be available via Day 1 Patch. Internet connection and valid PSN account required to download the patch. Available on DAY 1 - The 20th Anniversary Course - Rabbit Mascot Costume - Unique shirt - Premium Kart - PS Dynamic Theme

Now I'm scared (preordered the game digitally, but didn't have time to play just yet). Putting has no business being a three-step shot ��. Please be bearable; I always suck at putting as is.

It's bearable. It's just taking time to adjust and I'm not sure why they did that. The putt's always have the wide hit area so I haven't gone into the red even once.

It's just odd to add that possibility.

It doesn't feel like getting a perfect vs non perfect putt impact has effected a putt yet. If I have it lined up, it's still in.

Oh the other thing that's weird for me is that I don't see any number on the shot gauge, just percentages.

So I have to break down distance and percent and how close to the pin top putt and that's taking time.

It seems like they have added some steps to finding the best shot to make and you won't have much time in online games. It's interesting just because it feels like they want everyone to learn from the beginning again.

I do think the upgrading stats on clubs based on shot is really cool and rewarding.

I got a hole in one on my very first par-3 hole in this game. In thousands of hours of prior HSG games, I think I had a grand total of 1 ever. I feel so lucky.

Iacobellis

I preordered from Best Buy and I haven't gotten anything or heard anything. I'm not even sure what our bonus was.

Edit - checked my order, and the digital stuff is still processing. But here's what it is:

Mine is still processing as well. I'll ask about it when I go pick up the game. Thanks!

RoeBear

Uhhh I just got my code from Best Buy. It wasn't the preorder dlc but instead it was the full game... I redeemed it thinking the stuff was inside.

Avallon

Anyone figure out what DLC on PSN is actually worth buying? As in, what is exclusive to the store and not unlockable in-game or through pre-ordering?

I'm assuming the Special TIckets are just cheats/shortcuts, but what about the carts and courses?

N° 2048

Haven't played Hot Shots in years. I have no idea what I'm doing but learning slowly. I suck so bad right now but having fun.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Damn my character is starting to feel OP I gotta get off of this first course lol. Hitting the green on par 4s and shit. Eagles galore! About to hit rank 3 tho so hopefully soon here

Rflagg

Put together a video review to go with Push Square's text review for anyone still looking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9sLx9i-iG4

Lots of PS4 Pro gameplay footage!

Wow great job man. I do disagree with some of your points, but you did a real nice review in progress sort of video.

Update I fixed the non full screen problem and and am once again a ps plus subscriber. I hate that you need to pay, but feel I would miss out on too much otherwise and I will get destiny 2 if it reviews well/impressions are good so I was able to justify it to myself.

I've added myself to the spreadsheet.

It's gonna be a long day at work waiting to play the game tonight. Hot Shots is my favorite golf series, and besides Street Fighter, is the only series I've owned on every Playstation system I've ever owned.

neilyadig

Played a couple rounds last night. Loving it and haven't even jumped online yet.

asked in the review thread but this is probably more suitable - if you play local MP, is there any way to bring in a player you created on a different PSN profile?

This is my number one question right now, let me know if anyone has an answer yet.

i have never played an Everybodys Golf Game so far but after watching some videos im quite interested, though ive got a question

the PC game PangYa/Albatross18 which also received a PSP and two Wii ports was one of my favourite golfgames, and this new Everybodys Golf title looks like it comes very close to it :)

now in PangYa a lot of people used to calculate their shots by reading the angle from the windmeter, adjusted their aim accordingly and then hit the correct power to basically dunk or backspin every hole with an hole in one, eagle, or better
is that possible in Everybodys Golf too? or does the game prevent you from doing so?

while i really enjoyed calculating my shots to perfection back in the days, multiplayer games quickly turned into who had the better formulas and wind angle reading skills :S

"Now I have 2 MVP awards in Turf War. Ho. Ho. Ho." But seriously, it's a fun mode especially once you figure out how to use the golf cart.

Screen_Shot_2017_08_29_at_8_18_22_AM.png

UncleMeat

Can you make your golfer left handed? I don't want my created character to have a gross righty swing. I'm sure you can but I hate to assume.

Thanks in advance.

v1lla21

Can you make your golfer left handed? I don't want my created character to have a gross righty swing. I'm sure you can but I hate to assume.

Thanks in advance.
Yes you can :)

Cool that you can also unlock shooting styles. I beat the little kid last night and I like the way he shoots.

M.W.

I'll take a code if anyone wants to spare one!

/s

Glad this game is reviewing well and people dig it. I'll probably pick it up when I have some additional funds available. More impressions please!

slabrock

Banned
Uhhh I just got my code from Best Buy. It wasn't the preorder dlc but instead it was the full game... I redeemed it thinking the stuff was inside.
yeah, just did the same thing and came on here to see if anyone else had this situation going on.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Approach shots are very inconsistent for me, even when I get a perfect input. I guess that's the purpose of upgrading the control of those clubs?

Top Bottom