• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf |OT| We'll miss you Hot Shots Golf

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Approach shots are very inconsistent for me, even when I get a perfect input. I guess that's the purpose of upgrading the control of those clubs?

It shouldn't be. A perfect hit should be a perfect hit. Control should maybe make your sweet spot bigger so you’re more likely to get a clean strike, or give stronger front/backspin.

Number45

Do we know if the in-game pre-order content is going to be made available through unlocks or as payable DLC in the future? Deciding whether to pick this up now or wait a while with D2 out next week.

EDIT: Only really the course I'm worried about.

neilyadig

It shouldn't be. A perfect hit should be a perfect hit. Control should maybe make your sweet spot bigger so you’re more likely to get a clean strike, or give stronger front/backspin.

Is there any in-game explanation of how to do topspin/backspin/slice/draw? I played 3 single player tourneys and didn't encounter that. Also no explanation of power shots.

v1lla21

Is there any in-game explanation of how to do topspin/backspin/slice/draw? I played 3 single player tourneys and didn't encounter that. Also no explanation of power shots.
Have you done the versus mode against a single ai? One of the ai explains how to do a backspin.
Or in the loading screens probably.

I don't mind the 3 touch putting. I never played the other games but it seems fine.

Setzer

I got a hole in one on my very first par-3 hole in this game. In thousands of hours of prior HSG games, I think I had a grand total of 1 ever. I feel so lucky.

Congrats man!

Decided to play a 9-hole stroke match just to get back into the swing of things and on my 2nd shot on the first hole(Par 4) I sunk an eagle from 154yds out. I was pretty stoked. Been playing Hot Shots/Everybody's Golf since the first game and its still a joy to play after all these years.

Voorhees

Topspin - Hold down during first button press, then up during second.
Backspin - Hold up during first button press, then down during second

Same with Slice/Draw. You can also do both by using the diagonals.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick

Its strange. Even when I consider everything that would effect the ball sometimes it'll wildly go in a direction I didnt intend it to.

v1lla21

Its strange. Even when I consider everything that would effect the ball sometimes it'll wildly go in a direction I didnt intend it to.
Is this during every approach or only on the farthest ones? Sometimes even during weak winds it can carry your ball a lot.

So I'm heavily debating buying this. I just have a quick question. Does it have local multiplayer like the old ones? If so, can you still share a single controller?

Setzer

Funny, I noticed this happened to me a couple times last night and figured I just overcompensated for the wind.

I hope not

Mid distance so definitely further. I guess I'll have to get used to the physics even more. Wind seems to be even more of a factor.
Wind is a big factor on high shots and the grade of your lie factors in as well. Are you typically trying to stick it or are you running the ball to the pin?

RSchmitz

In past games you could throw some grass to have a better idea of the wind. I'm sure you can do that on this one too, I just haven't had time to play it yet.

knee

I can verify that the Amazon preorder codes are the DLC and aren't the full version of the game.

PM me if you're trying to move your Best Buy code and what you'd want for it.

I can trade for a digital version of Project Cars or we can work something out via PayPal

krae_man

I think your game is broken

Is this during every approach or only on the farthest ones? Sometimes even during weak winds it can carry your ball a lot.

I hope not

Mid distance so definitely further. I guess I'll have to get used to the physics even more. Wind seems to be even more of a factor.

You guys are forgetting about the control stat.

When your control stat sucks, you don't hit the ball square and your ball goes off course.

Look at the bottom left of the screen right after the impact press and see where the ball connects with the club.

I bet when the shots go off course, that's why.

hort22

anyone without psn+ playing this game yet? what isnt playable?
debating if i need to pick up that subscription as well or just grind the single player part for awhile and add psn+ on later.

Premium golfcart speed is crazy lmao.

pay attention to wind, ball lie, and obviously hitting it perfectly. There's more to this cutsey game than first appears.

Played a turf war. Had a blast. After it was over it just ended though. It gave me MVP and that was it. Is there no reward at all for winning multiplayer matches? Are the rewards only in tournaments?

Clipse

Pre-ordered this at Best Buy for in-store pickup. Should the code be printed on my receipt or will they e-mail it only after I have picked it up?

just did a tournament (unofficial with tornado cups so not difficult)...I think I may have to turn on Serious Mode in these lower levels now

sc3c.jpg

I have no idea how to read the putting grids

Is there a way to control if your shot curves left or right?

you just need to get used to it.

you have to look at the slope. A big thing you wanna pay attention to though is if its up hill or not. At the top of the screen it will say if its higher, lower is "flat". Obviously compensate with power for those. I usually go slightly above what i need even if its flat.

sphinx

the piano man
I've played essentially every Mario Golf and Everybody's Golf game so I feel like I can field this one.

This game is extremely similar to Mario Golf. If you like Mario Golf for reasons other than the Mario IP itself you will love Everybody's Golf. The controls are essentially the same (except that the method of putting spin on the ball is slightly different between them - in Mario Golf you change the button you press to end your swing, in EG you hold a direction on the d-pad) and the things you need to pay attention to before the shot - distance loss in the rough; uphill / downhill lie; wind speed and direction; fliers etc - are all roughly equivalent between them.

The most major difference is in the course design - Mario Golf tends towards more simple holes tricked out with Mario-centric features, traps and obstacles. Everybody's Golf, despite the anime look, tends towards more intricate, realistic hole designs, though ones that become more difficult than what you'd see in real life by the time you reach the last course. I find the course design in Everybody's Golf massively superior, to be honest, and it's why I prefer this series.

Neither game has an extensive single player mode - you just enter tournaments to level up and unlock new courses. Which is enough for a golf game - you're really playing to beat your own scores or playing other people online, after all.

Everybody's Golf has a lot more levelling systems - in the past you levelled up a character to unlock more power shots and 'super spin' abilities which activate if you hit the pin. In this one, you create your own character and then level up each club in the bag as you hit good shots with it. I don't particularly like it as you need to grind to get a good set of clubs and start hitting good scores, but for those who like a sense of progression that'll really keep you satisfied.

That's about it, they're really, really similar. Couldn't recommend EG games enough to a Mario Golf fan.

Thank you for this and the answer to the other post about trophies :)

I think I'll go for it.

I am not sure why I am so hesitant about this.... it really seems like a suitable replacement for Mario Golf and the game is getting a great reception.

Sh0k

Uhhh I just got my code from Best Buy. It wasn't the preorder dlc but instead it was the full game... I redeemed it thinking the stuff was inside.

Going through the thread right now, I just did the same thing, redeemed the code thinking it was the DLC and is downloading he full game, any word if Best Buy is going to send the correct code? Anybody contacted Best Buy?

Voorhees

I have no idea how to read the putting grids

Is there a way to control if your shot curves left or right?

If the grid dots are running right, then your ball will go right, aim left to compensate. Likewise if they are running left, aim right.

Check at the top of your screen a + ___Number mean your putt is uphill, aim past the flag on the meter to compensate.

Likewise a -____Number means it's downhill, aim before the flag on the meter. It also means it's going to curve more the slower it gets.

Color will tell you as well. Red - Uphill, Blue - Downhill

Going through the thread right now, I just did the same thing, redeemed the code thinking it was the DLC and is downloading he full game, any word if Best Buy is going to send the correct code? Anybody contacted Best Buy?
I sent an email to Twitter@bestbuy.com but haven't heard back. In the past I've had luck with doing that (when you ask them on twitter for help they just refer you to that email address anyway. It's their social media support team.)

RoeBear

I'm honestly too scared to contact them lol. I mean I already redeemed it and it is their mistake and all.

Shu said in a recent video thats why they added the 3 input to putting also. It adds to stress and pressure like real golf.

It's just like real golf, which is stressful at most on the greens where you've gotta convert your opportunities

Ugh, it was bad enough before lol

Today's run:

tumblr_nth54mGMFV1tsjzgfo1_r1_400.gif

I've been playing so much HSG3/4 in preparation, my timing's all messed up. Some real idiotic second shots. I'll be back though

Top Bottom