• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | November 19-25 | Only a sucker wastes a month for the Wii U

Fuck that Magneto is the best character in the game.

FACT: EMD is the best beam in the game.
FACT: Magnetic Blast is the best projectile in the game.
FACT: Shockwave is the best screen-clearer in the game.
FACT: Gravity Squeeze is the best level 3 in the game.
FACT: Magneto is faster than your favorite character.
FACT: Magneto is harder to block than your favorite character.
FACT: Magneto has fewer bad matchups than your favorite character.
FACT: Magneto's voice sounds cooler than your favorite character.
FACT: Magneto has better costumes than your favorite character. (So OP it got patched)

You forgot one...

FACT: Magneto is black and therefore bigger and faster then you think!

jbug617

Banned
so pot splitting is the topic for this week drama. Some people are okay with it (mostly players) and the tournament people (EVO staff and Koogy) are against it and it should not be part of the scene.

alstein

so pot splitting is the topic for this week drama. Some people are okay with it (mostly players) and the tournament people (EVO staff and Koogy) are against it and it should not be part of the scene.

My opinion: pot splits are fine , as long as folks play to win. Pot splitting and throwing a match isn't fine. Not having big money on the line might even make for a better match if both pay to win.

I did a pot split scheme once in some scummy tournament where 1st prize was a PSP. I told another guy who was in the semis (single-elim) that if we both made the finals, you buy me a DS and I'll give you the PSP win or lose. Problem is he lost in the semis and I lost in the finals and all I got was a ticket to see War of the Worlds. My 2nd biggest loss ever (1st was MLG this year)

Either way is okay for me. I've only split pot like twice (yay totally awesome tournament career! pot split in 20 man tournament in 2002!!!). Anyways my point is pot splitting doesn't make the players try "less." At the same time no one is going to really miss it except for a select few.

MrDaravon

It's possibly unhealthy how much I'm looking forward to CM5 this weekend. GET HYPE

I'm tempted to re-pick up Marvel for $20 on Black Friday and see if I can actually get somewhere with it this time. I want to make Chun-li work for no particular reason.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Are our threads sponsored by MadCatz?

ihEJ2dZh9G9G3.gif

CPS2

My opinion: pot splits are fine , as long as folks play to win. Pot splitting and throwing a match isn't fine. Not having big money on the line might even make for a better match if both pay to win.
I agree with this. If i don't have much time, i'm only going to watch the finals, and if they aren't trying then it a waste of time. Pot splitting is the main cause of not trying, but if you can get around that then i don't mind it.

Good list. You probably meant Spell of Vishanti, 7 rings is the projectile counter.
7 Rings is not safe either, though. Quite dangerous, in fact.

You forgot one...

FACT: Magneto is black and therefore bigger and faster then you think!
You wish.

If I could choose an alternate lvl3 for IM... I would pick FTP over Squeeze everytime and so would anyone not being completely biased with Magneti.
Dormammu with For the Princess...*drools*

I meant 7 Rings

Vishanti is so not safe on block, hell its not safe on hit some instances.
Neither is 7 Rings! DHCs make it a very dangerous hyper.

I did. Did you see this one?
http://whatscookingamerica.net/Eggs/BoiledEggs.htm

Whoa, thanks! I found this there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qCqDS_5lK8&feature=g-u-u

What do you guys think?
I want to see it in a match.

sleepykyo

so with skullgirls and SFxT getting major reworks, is anybody going to give them a second chance?

I'm sure they'll have their resurgence for the currently faithful, but they aren't getting any new faithfuls. Persona is the new animu game and the Cacpom crowd is largely going to stick to SF4 or UMvC3.

Koogy

Neo Member
glad you guys like it, honestly wish i could do more for black friday... but 2012 has been kinda crazy lol

Naite

so with skullgirls and SFxT getting major reworks, is anybody going to give them a second chance?

I'm probably gonna pick up both, then drop em in the same week. There's too much stuff coming out this week that I want to play that I might forget about Skillgirls entirely though.

Koogy

Neo Member
still working on the marlinpie shirt... sorry for the delay with that. might not be out until beginning of 2013.

also, we've generated a new material called swagyester for the marlinpie shirt

Koogy

Neo Member
^ yes! sometime in the near future i'd like to release a few more. depends on my schedule as i start up the new side business + brand new website

Top Bottom