• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | November 19-25 | Only a sucker wastes a month for the Wii U

jbug617

Banned
Valle on twitter wants to know who is Top 5 in Marvel on the EC. I really don't know

Chris G
Yipes
Ray Ray
Marlinpie?
Flocker?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dreamhack Winter SSF4:AE2012 tournament is this weekend. Usually has Europe's best players and Infiltration heading down as well. http://www.dreamhack.se/dhw12/2012/09/27/energizer-fighting-championship-ssfivae/

Maybe surprises from Markman?

Stream will be on twitch.tv/armshouse in glorious 720p
Thanks, will add to OP later today!

Silly rabbit that's not MAVHEL. When's Mavhel?
Maybe this will be Infiltration's major Mahvel debut?

Valle on twitter wants to know who is Top 5 in Marvel on the EC. I really don't know

Chris G
Yipes
Ray Ray
Marlinpie?
Flocker?
Right now:

AGE NYChrisG
BT IFC Yipes
MH RayRay
Flux
GU Flocker if he counts. If not, UVG Noel Brown

MarlinPie sixth because hes gone way downhill and is actually being consistently beat by BG JRosa now.

Dahbomb

Chris G
Yipes
Ray Ray
Marlinpie?
Flocker?
Replace Marlin with Noel "best in the world" Brown. Marlin has been off the wagon on Marvel for quite some time now.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks

I don't think you guys know. But you know that shirt that Daigo and a lot of people wear? The one with the MCZ scratches. Guess who designed the art/concept for it?

It was BROKENTIER's Koogy.

I'm proud to be on his team.

<3

Replace Marlin with Noel "best in the world" Brown. Marlin has been off the wagon on Marvel for quite some time now.

I'll take Flux over Noel. Flux has really grown a lot as a player. I remember his bootleg combos, and mixup with Zero a few months ago. Now it's legitimate "you better pray if you want to survive" type of mix ups. Neutral game got much better too, and last but not least he 1player team.

Dahbomb

Maybe but he still has to prove himself in a major, get top 8 or so. I do like his Blistering Swords Vergil though.

And every Zero player 1Ps a team.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't think you guys know. But you know that shirt that Daigo and a lot of people wear? The one with the MCZ scratches. Guess who designed the art/concept for it?

It was BROKENTIER's Koogy.

I'm proud to be on his team.

<3
Whoa.. I guess FGC was forming Voltron to combat eSports Voltron way ahead of time?

Pretty awesome though, shout outs to you Koogy for creating such an iconic logo for Madcatz. It's so simple but so great. Really went hand in hand with the rebirth of Madcatz in the eyes of gamers IMO.

I'll take Flux over Noel. Flux has really grown a lot as a player. I remember his bootleg combos, and mixup with Zero a few months ago. Now it's legitimate "you better pray if you want to survive" type of mix ups. Neutral game got much better too, and last but not least he 1player team.
Yup. Flux has earned his stripes. He's a REALLY fast learner, and can hang with the best consistently in locals, and has been slightly more consistent than Noel recently as well.

Maybe but he still has to prove himself in a major, get top 8 or so. I do like his Blistering Swords Vergil though.

And every Zero player 1Ps a team.

Putting F. Champ into loser is better then a bunch of bootleg top 8 where no one shows up plus easy brackets. (CJ Show Stopper > Andre remember?)

Koogy

Neo Member
i think marlin will do a lot better at curleh this weekend, tbh. he stopped practicing a few months ago due to personal reasons, but has come back strong since SB.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
i think marlin will do a lot better at curleh this weekend, tbh. he stopped practicing a few months ago due to personal reasons, but has come back strong since SB.
Is he at least training for Marvel again?

He might be too deep in that GG vortex to extract.

Koogy

Neo Member
honestly he didn't need to put that much time into GG to win that event, he has tons and tons of experience at it, probably muscle memory at this point. umvc3 is where he spends the majority of his training time.

K.Sabot

Just saw the C.Viper unblockables.

Capcom needs to put out a statement on these unblockable soon or it's gonna hurt the game in the long run.

BY2K

Membero Americo
New Curley Mustache Tournament?

ixgYe40jEeUB8.gif

K.Sabot

Lol you are only one and a half year late to this.

No I'm not, I use them all the time as a cammy player.

Just saying it because more and more characters are finding their unblockables and the game is gonna revolve around them if they don't fix that stupid 1 frame reaction shit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I wonder sometimes.
Real rap: core UMvC3 discussion is beginning to spill back into the FGW thread and I'm no arbiter of discussion or anything but y'all should really keep that stuff in the OT where it belongs.

Tiers, tech discussion, pretty much anything not relevant or being discussed in an immediate stream (where it's appropriate). Makes me sad because all the times Marvel has spilled over into the FGW threads, the OT has slowed down considerably. Right now it's actually more active than its been in a while though.

Top Bottom