• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 30th anniversary event dated January 31

Which Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary announcement did you enjoy most?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Guess I'm the only one who doesn't have much of a desire to see XVI eh? I mean we JUST got XV. Yeah I know that we've had multiple main titles revealed but yikes.

I just really want the PS4 collection, FFXIII Trilogy, and maybe a Tifa and Aerith reveal for VII-R.

I'm expecting Lightning. And maybe some more Lightning. Don't deny it people. You want her. You NEED her. She must not be forgotten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

raven777

Guess I'm the only one who doesn't have much of a desire to see XVI eh? I mean we JUST got XV. Yeah I know that we've had multiple main titles revealed but yikes.

I just really want the PS4 collection, FFXIII Trilogy, and maybe a Tifa and Aerith reveal for VII-R.

yea I don't really have any interest in seeing XVI any time soon. I really hope they take their time before announcing the game instead of announcing it way too early like how they usually do. They have FFVIIR to take the focus, so they should take their time with XVI.

yea I don't really have any interest in seeing XVI any time soon. I really hope they take their time before announcing the game instead of announcing it way too early like how they usually do. They have FFVIIR to take the focus, so they should take their time with XVI.
They aren't announcing it I'm sure. Taking attention from vii remake is something they will not be doing.

Ray Down

Banned

Seriously they need to do this, they need to announce it like they did with X announce it and release in a good time frame.

X was announced at there 2000 SE event (along with XI and XII...) and came out in July of next year.

Ray Down

Banned
yea knowing how SE is scared to have their big titles overlapping, they probably won't.

But then again, SE does some crazy shit sometimes so I never know...

This being the case I have to wonder about SE plans.

With DQ11 having no hard date and most likely a holiday title I wonder if FF7R comes out this year when will it come out?

Then again FF is a worldwide brand so it might not matter in comparison to DQ launch.

With DQ11 having no hard date and most likely a holiday title I wonder if FF7R comes out this year when will it come out?

Then again FF is a worldwide brand so it might not matter in comparison to DQ launch.
Ffvii remake holiday 2017?
Kh3 2017/2018?
Dq11 spring 2018?

All for the west of course.

raven777

I mean I could see DQXI, FFVIIR pt. 1 , and KH3 all coming out this year (lol)

I don't think they will be too worried about DQXI and FFVIIR overlapping as long as the release date is not too close. Like 3 month apart would still work I guess?
I do think DQXI will come out before holiday end of 2017.

Fou-Lu

I don't think the west will get DQXI until 2018, it's just not popular enough here for them to prioritize it. On the other hand, FF7R will likely be a worldwide launch. I suspect we'll be seeing Part I sometime in 2017 for the 20th anniversary of FF7 and the 30th of FF. KH3... I honestly have no idea, with the release of 2.8 and 1.5+2.5 in early 2017 it would make sense if KH3 came out in 2017 too.

I mean I could see DQXI, FFVIIR pt. 1 , and KH3 all coming out this year (lol)

I don't think they will be too worried about DQXI and FFVIIR overlapping as long as the release date is not too close. Like 3 month apart would still work I guess?
I do think DQXI will come out before holiday end of 2017.
Considering not a single one of those has a window for the year that would mean all would most likely come out between sep-december...no thank you square don't do it

raven777

Considering not a single one of those has a window for the year that would mean all would most likely come out between sep-december...no thank you square don't do it

DQXI will come out the earliest out of those without a doubt. I am not sure if they can keep that promised release by May 2017 thing, but I could see it releasing in summer 2017.

DQXI will come out the earliest out of those without a doubt. I am not sure if they can keep that promised release by May 2017 thing, but I could see it releasing in summer 2017.
They did promise may didn't they..eh did they say all versions(aside from the switch) would release together? I feel like the 3ds version looks more ready

Yeah I'm expecting thia to be pretty big. FFXV DLC, FF anniversary collections, possible X-3 info, FF7R, possible Dissidia PS4 port, and maybe a teaser for FFXVI.

I think that's all possible except FFXVI. They are going to take their time with postmordems on XV and the last decade of Final Fantasy before they get their first true clean slate under new leadership via XVI. And they aren't going to announce it until it's an actual game.

Plus like you said, they have enough projects in the meantime.

Asd202

To be honest I'm okay with FFX-3 happening if it keeps Toriyama off of more important/interesting projects.

If FFX-3 will really come true can't wait to see what kind of train wreck it will be story wise. Overall thought I'm mostly exicted in FF7R footage after XV I'm really interested how Nomura will handle the narrative aspect.

jimmypython

I think if XVI actually gets announced this year, it'll be at E3, not at this event. Idk

Also... who else doesn't like Agni's art direction at all? I'm really scared that it'll become XVI.

Not that Agni's bad, I just want something that we don't know anything about to become XVI.

BTW, I think Agni has a pretty good chance of becoming a real game. Tabata even uses this as a signature project for his BD2 hiring ad ("project witch").

Ray Down

Banned
Not that Agni's bad, I just want something that we don't know anything about to become XVI.

BTW, I think Agni has a pretty good chance of becoming a real game. Tabata even uses this as a signature project for his BD2 hiring ad ("project witch").

Maybe that's the new IP his team is working on.

DKHF

Best case (somewhat realistic) scenario for the release times would be:

Aug 2017 - DQXI JPN release

Oct 2017 - FFVIIR part 1

Dec 2017 - KH3

What is more realistic/likely:

Aug/Sept 2017 - DQXI JPN release

Nov/Dec 2017 - FFVIIR part 1

Mar 2018 - KH3

Oct 2017 - FFVIIR part 1

Dec 2017 - KH3

Mar 2018 - KH3
Both of these scenarios suck..give me kh3 first Nomura And Tai!

did someone read rumors about FF XVI? last I heard is that the game is not in development

There have been multiple rumors. probably all bollocks, and Hashimoto (franchise producer @ SE) isn't going to say "Yep, it's in development" unless they announce it anyway :/

I'm pretty sure on his lunch breaks Ito jots down ideas in his notebook anyway.

Oct 2017 - FFVIIR part 1

Dec 2017 - KH3

Mar 2018 - KH3

I really can see KH III being a December 2017 title. Hope Square can see it too =p

DKHF

Both of these scenarios suck..give me kh3 first Nomura And Tai!
I want to believe KH3 will come first but I'm not sure... I will just be happy if it makes it out in 2017. But I still have some faith it will make 2017, because of things like them releasing 2.8 and 1.5+2.5 so close together at the start of the year.

I just dont see FF7remake coming out next year. We've barely seen it and Cyberconnect 2 has multiple projects.

Also, whats the longest we've had to wait for a mainline announcement? It seems like once a mainline game comes out it doesnt take long for the next one to get announced.

Ray Down

Banned
I want to believe KH3 will come first but I'm not sure... I will just be happy if it makes it out in 2017. But I still have some faith it will make 2017, because of things like them releasing 2.8 and 1.5+2.5 so close together at the start of the year.

Couldn't you say those titles are meant to have something out for the anniversary and to help people waiting forever for this game.

I wanna believe but you could easily flip it and say they're trying to hold us over with those

Edit:beaten

jimmypython

Next year is also KH 15th anniversary.....yeah not sure if there will be any event for that.

DKHF

Couldn't you say those titles are meant to have something out for the anniversary and to help people waiting forever for this game.
That's plausible but I don't think they really care about hitting the exact series anniversary month for its release that much. And it would make a lot more business sense to space them out more if there isn't gonna be any other KH that year.

You know what screw it, it's the holidays jolly good vibes

Kh3
Ffvii remake
FFXiii trilogy
Ff 1-6 collection,viii&IX digital downloads( let's add some realistic vibes)
FFXII remaster spring 2017

#believe

Icolin

Banned
KH 2.9 Complete Collection (1.5+2.5+2.8) out December 2017, FFVIIR Part 1 in late 2017, KH3 Fall 2018. As much as I'd like it to happen, there's no way KH3 comes out in 2017 IMO, especially after being so absent for so long; if it were to come out fall 2017, they'd only have E3 to show it off, and I think that Square would like to play a long tail reveal thing with KH3, like slowly trickling out reveals of new worlds at multiple conferences, instead of only being at one show and having a blowout.

Although I guess that because D23 is next year, they can also reveal stuff there, and then there might be a chance that the game is coming out Fall 2017.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm not understanding the KH mentions at all in this thread
Icolin is literally talking about KH in his post lol

Rymuth

Damn the lack of faith in this thread...

8FjXuTT.gif

Believe!
Belief is easy

Getting excited, otoh

SOLDIER

Predictions:

Agni's Philosphy will get repurposed into an FF, but it won't be called Final Fantasy XVI.

Final Fantasy VI Remake will be handled by the I Am Setsuna team, and feature the same perspective/visual style.

Top Bottom