• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 30th anniversary event dated January 31

Which Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary announcement did you enjoy most?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nephtes

Is it foolish to hope anything FF 30th anniversary will make it to Xbox?
I mean I have a PS4, but I really don't want to turn it on unless absolutely necessary...

raven777

I mean I have a PS4, but I really don't want to turn it on unless absolutely necessary...

The event will be in Japan, so I doubt we would see anything at that event related to Xbone.

Some of the stuff might come out to Xbone in the west of course like XV...

jimmypython

Thoughts:

- If we don't see FFXVI here, it really doesn't exist in any form beyond the earliest of scenario writing. Doesn't even have to be that big of a thing--just a trailer, but if it's not here then they've completely decided on letting FFXV DLC and the 7 Remake be their main titles going forward.

Likely announcements:
- FF12 remaster release date
- FF7 footage
- FF14: Stormblood release date
- Some kind of FF collection. Could be for XIII, could be 1-9 for PS4. But I'd bet on a collection.
- Dissidia PS4 release date in Japan

Hopeful announcements:
- FF7 part one release date, 2017
- FFXV DLC roadmap
- FFXVI trailer (yeah, I'm still hopeful but I'm also practical)

DREAMS:
- FF6 remake
- FF Tactics 2

If either of the dreams are real, lol fuck XVI for now.

Yeah I'm really hopeful for a FF16 announcement trailer.

Elios83

Seems like we'll see more of FFVII:R at this event =)
And we'll probably get a release date for FFXII remaster as well.

Ray Down

Banned
I hope no 16 unless it's close to coming out, last thing we need is SE games announced too soon...again.

It's FF7 from here on out till after Part 2 then 16 imo.

Garlador

Will Square announce XVI way too early? We shall see...

(Please don't reveal it unless it's weeeeeeeell into production.)

Believe...
tumblr_nnn25y9G7F1u5hsrco2_500.gif

Ray Down

Banned

Yes, unless some remaster happens that is your only shot though even X didn't come so....

I hope no 16 unless it's close to coming out, last thing we need is SE games announced too soon...again.

It's FF7 from here on out till after Part 2 then 16 imo.

For sure and tbh until it's out, ff vii remake will be the marquee FF game to be excited about for a lot of fans, so they're as well getting as far into dev with FFXVI before announcing and let Vii have the spotlight until then.

Can't wait to tune in. After playing XV, my first Final Fantasy, it became my favorite game of all time so now I'm dying to dive into the rest of the series. Curious to see their release plans for VII remake as well as how they intend to rerelease their older games because that XII remake looks beautiful, some parts of that trailer make it easy to forget it was a PS2 game.

JayEH

No way XVI is announced. I expect VII:R to fill the shoes of a XVI right now. Anyway really excited for the VII trailer. After XV's great battle system I need to know more about VII's.

Nephtes

Yes, unless some remaster happens that is your only shot though even X didn't come so....

To be fair, besides the combat, I thought FFX was trash and I never want to play it again ... (That laughing scene... Ugh.)

I wouldn't mind seeing the FFXII remake hit the Xbox though.
I never finished XII. It was at the tail end of the PS2 and I had just gotten an HD TV and an X360... And by the middle of the game the non-HD graphics of XII felt kind of grating and I really wanted to play on my shiny new system...

Also, Achievements happened... And games without achievements just weren't as much fun.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Will Square announce XVI way too early? We shall see...

(Please don't reveal it unless it's weeeeeeeell into production.)
Tbh if SE wants to return to their former glory...somehow and someway FFXVI must be announced for this generation.
A release of a game announced 10 years ago and remake isn't good by any standards

Ray Down

Banned
did someone read rumors about FF XVI? last I heard is that the game is not in development

Hashimoto said as much, though it's Hashimoto so I take what he said with a grain of salt.

Though that XV leaker said it wasn't in development.

Ray Down

Banned
If I remember right both XV leakers (the story leaker 6 months ago and the recent 4 chan one) say 16 isn't in development.

Garlador

No thank you. I want something we haven't seen before for XVI.

What about that was anything we'd seen before in Final Fantasy?

If anything, being honest, my only trepidation on it was how DIFFERENT it appeared and I wasn't entirely comfortable with some of those changes.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Commercially when ff15 is still selling well announcing a sequel it's nonsense. You cut any potential legs at once.

Ff16 is late 2017 half 2018 announcement. Not earlier. Ff7 and ffxv iterations (dlc ect) will have the spotlight going into next year.

What about that was anything we'd seen before in Final Fantasy?

If anything, being honest, my only trepidation on it was how DIFFERENT it appeared and I wasn't entirely comfortable with some of those changes.

I mean, Noctis was first seen in Visual Works' concept CG ten years ago. It's time for something fresh and we haven't already seen before in a tech showcase video for the next mainline FF.

Reorx

Hashimoto said as much, though it's Hashimoto so I take what he said with a grain of salt.

Though that XV leaker said it wasn't in development.

was this leaker right in the end? because I dont read his list since I dont want to read FFXV spoilers

Ray Down

Banned
was this leaker right in the end? because I dont read his list since I dont want to read FFXV spoilers

Yes, though the 2nd leaker we have no idea. Though FF rumors coming from 4 chan been right recently so it may be real but take with a grain of salt. Maybe XV Ultimania will show some details.

demu

All I really care for is more FF7 Remake and I think that's a given for the event. Oh, and a PS4 port for the new FFIX version would be sweet as well.

Anyway, I'm jacked for it. Hope it gets streamed.

Mikey Jr.

Mainline ff game?

Possibly. Anything else? Doubtful. Ffxv sold like dogshit compared to PS4 version in UK. And that's xbox second strongest market.

theofficefan99

I think if XVI actually gets announced this year, it'll be at E3, not at this event. Idk

Also... who else doesn't like Agni's art direction at all? I'm really scared that it'll become XVI.

Top Bottom