• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 30th anniversary event dated January 31

Which Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary announcement did you enjoy most?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Philippo

As i said earlier, i totally expect XVI to be announced next year, but later, probably at TGA/PSX.
This way they'll get an E3 for VIIR and KHIII/DQXI, push out the first Ep. of the Remake and will finally be able to talk about "the future of the series" while still being part of the anniversary year.

Icolin

Banned
Predictions:

Agni's Philosphy will get repurposed into an FF, but it won't be called Final Fantasy XVI.

Final Fantasy VI Remake will be handled by the I Am Setsuna team, and feature the same perspective/visual style.

Agni's Philosophy will be developed by Tri-Ace and directed by Toriyama, FF6 Remake will be the Silicon x Mistwalker collaboration we heard about (DIRECTED BY SAKAGUCHI), I am Setsuna team are working on this game (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1263801), in preproduction of a FF9 Remake with internal Square Enix assistance.

My tinfoil hat has increased tenfold.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Holy hell. That date is just too perfect. Even given that this is Square Enix, I'm now optimistic for FFVII-R news sooner than I'd anticipated.

Ray Down

Banned
Guys 16 isn't being announced!

At most, just like at the 25th anniversary event they will show artwork saying we may use this art-style for the next Final Fantasy. Which some of that art was just for Type-1.

Fou-Lu

new Final Fantasy VII: Remake trailer. at the end the logo transforms into Final Fantasy XIII-4

I knew it was suspicious when Cloud had boobs and kept showing off his midriff with his new belly button piercing!

FF7R is an alternate dimension where Lightning kills Cloud and takes his place confirmed.

True Fire

Guys 16 isn't being announced!

At most, just like at the 25th anniversary event they will show artwork saying we may use this art-style for the next Final Fantasy. Which some of that art was just for Type-1.

Square Enix has always teased their next Final Fantasy though. We found out about 9, 10, and 11 right after 8. And 13 and 15 right after (or before?) 12.

Pejo

Fairly Certain:

- Dissidia Arcade PS4 port announced
- FFVIIR new trailer - Tifa and Aerith shown
- FFXIIHD release date
- FFXV DLC reveal

Probably might happen:

- Some sort of anthology/collection
- Concert series/best of soundtrack
- Various Clothes (modeled by Lightning and only Lightning, even for the guys stuff)

Long shots/wishes:

- IX or VI remake/remaster/sequels (non mobile shit)
- Gooch brought back in for FFXVI (FFXVI announced)
- Through contract loopholes, Toriyama gains full control of Lightning trademark, and then quits. Starts up a new studio - Toripro. Makes games of all genres with Lightning as main character, side characters, enemies. SE has to de-list FFXIII and its sequels.

My predictions:

- Release date announcement for Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, April 2017
- Release date announcement for Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 1, holiday 2017
- Release date and definitive details on first premium Final Fantasy XV DLC, March 2017
- New trailer for Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood, features a new playable class being added to the game
- Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy Remaster for PS4, fall 2017
- Final Fantasy VI GBA version for 3DS Virtual Console, releasing worldwide February 2017

This sounds reasonable, except the time between XII, XIII and 7R might be too short. Maybe push XIII back to Feb 2018

Geg

It would be hilarious if for the updated version of the Don Corneo mansion scene, Cloud crossdresses as Lightning.

Maybe more like since in the original Clould could get one of multiple wigs for his disguise, just make one of the wigs in the remake a Lightning wig

Garlador

I predict a PS4 theme and a t-shirt.

Screenshot this. You saw it here first.

giphy.gif

Always set your expectations low with Square.
Occasionally, you're pleasantly surprised.

Make lightning an optional party member and make sure yuffie and..I can't even remember the others guys name aren't something you have to actively look for!!! Pissed of when I played that game for the first time this year.

Edit: Vince!!?
I think

Make lightning an optional party member and make sure yuffie and..I can't even remember the others guys name aren't something you have to actively look for!!! Pissed of when I played that game for the first time this year.

Edit: Vince!!?
I think

I enjoyed them being harder to get...well Yuffie wasn't hard really but Vincent was for sure. I miss that about old school RPG's though hidden party members are something I wish we saw more of.

I enjoyed them being harder to get...well Yuffie wasn't hard really but Vincent was for sure. I miss that about old school RPG's though hidden party members are something I wish we saw more of.
I hated it I found out so late going blind into the game. They have some of the best stories too. Especially Vincent

Don't give Kitase and Nomura bad ideas.

I've been hearing that idea for a while and I think it's pretty clever tbh. People have been joking about Lightning being based on Cloud's AC appearance for years, and this is a way of referencing her without her actually being in the game.

People liked Lightning in Japan and Toriyama worked on FF7, so I think they'll probably do SOME tie in regardless, even if it's not an actual cameo. I think this would be the best way of going about that.

Ray Down

Banned
Realistic reveals:

12 HD release date and trailer.
Stormblood trailer.
Updates on Final Fantasy mobile games for 30th anniversary & 30th anniversary mobile title.
XV DLC/Update roadmap and trailer.
Dissida character update (Noctis) & console port.
FF7R trailer and release window, no release date.
Some mid range FF anniversary game.
Over priced collection/anniversary merchandise announced.

Scotia

Banned
What are the chances of FF8 and FF9 remasters on PS4 similar to FF7 being announced? That's honestly what I want the most right now.

What are the chances of FF8 and FF9 remasters on PS4 similar to FF7 being announced? That's honestly what I want the most right now.

I don't even know why this still didn't happen. Hashimoto said that Square wants all of the FF playable on PS4, so it's just a matter of time.

LordofPwn

Realistic reveals:

12 HD release date and trailer.
Stormblood trailer.
Updates on Final Fantasy mobile games for 30th anniversary & 30th anniversary mobile title.
XV DLC/Update roadmap and trailer.
Dissida character update (Noctis) & console port.
FF7R trailer and release window, no release date.
Some mid range FF anniversary game.
Over priced collection/anniversary merchandise announced.

sounds about right.

jimmypython

Not sure if it has been discussed or not,

just read the Japanese wording on the page and, from the look of it, it seems they won't reveal everything for the 30th anniversary year.

"プロジェクトの一端をお披露目します。" means "to reveal part of the project."

So some previous posters in the thread might be right on they would reserve XVI announcement to a later date in the year, if ever.

Top Bottom