• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRIDAYTON: God abandons PS4 as The Great Flood wipes out Sony HQ [Up: Reveal in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't spell Sony without no.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

If there is going to be a press statement, then for positive drama it would be:
Any sort of ram upgrade, small or big.

Negative:
Delayed launch due to ram
4GB of GDDR5 (legal objection to do so).

Smaller downgrades / OS partitions they won't issue a press release for.

Equal compromise; 16GB GDDR5 with 2GB bandwidth.

Right now I expect something like "Only 20Gb/s bandwitch for the CPU!!! OH GOD THAT SUCKS!"

and the Sony comments:"Um...no it's not like that, this is what Mark Cerny PS4 engineer said about this: blablabla"

Amir0x

Banned
That show is pretty great.

It is pretty good so far up to episode 4! Love seeing the small town vibe of New Zealand. Like a bizarro version of America's redneck south or something

I'm so fortunate to be a part of this

Today I got a fortune cookie that read

"Put all your unhappiness aside, life is beautiful, be happy." (not sure how this is a fortune but whatever!)

I feel that way a lot this week. Earthbound and tech drama and Microsoft 180s. It's a good time to be alive!

ypo

Probably just discovered all the buses on the PS4 are uni-directional thus halving all bandwidth.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Road

Almost nobody knew about the 8GB, so, if another last minute change happened, it isn't surprising almost nobody knows about it either.

I don't know who'll have more trouble sleeping tonight, Sony fanboys in apprehension or Microsoft fanboys thinking about "the best day ever" tomorrow.

oVerde

Banned
I'm expecting Sony to boast the GDDR5 somehow with a mocking video to ignite the RAM drama over fanboys.

you first heard it here!

I guess bad Sonys news would bring some party to the console war.
Xbox fanboys all over the internet would rub it into the faces of sony fanboys.
Sonys is no longer infallible.

Hung_real

Ram thread ?

University_of_Eastern_Colorado.jpeg

go big horn !!

8GB of RAM only if you subscribe to Playstation Plus, otherwise you only get access to 4GB of RAM - the other 4GB of RAM goes to ads for Playstation Plus and Memory Sticks.

Sony Pictures is going to produce a television drama series exclusively for the PS4. The story will revolve around an amnesiac main character who could only remember the past 15 minutes of his life.

ironchair

Banned
i never saw it as a selling point, maybe on gaf but..
It's pretty much the only thing that differentiates the PS4's RAM from that of the Xbox One (other than X1's 3GB OS RAM partition), and devs seemed genuinely excited at the prospect of working with it in a next-gen console. I would consider it a selling point.

Taiser

why would sony want to make a Statement?
it must be something bad or seemingly negative.

PS4 was too good to be true`:´(

balohna

Almost nobody knew about the 8GB, so, if another last minute change happened, it isn't surprising almost nobody knows about it either.

I don't know who'll have more trouble sleeping tonight, Sony fanboys in apprehension or Microsoft fanboys thinking about "the best day ever" tomorrow.

I hope nobody actually has trouble sleeping over this.

It's not advisable to fall asleep in the tub.

Cbajd5

why would sony want to make a Statement?
it must be something bad or seemingly negative.

PS4 was too good to be true`:´(

I'm tellin' ya, they inadvertently caused the end of the world. They'd need to fess up so everyone knows about it, but wouldn't tell most insider people because it'd cause a widespread panic before they could properly inform the world's governing bodies.

It's the only thing that makes sense.

Vestal

Gold Member
If there's a downgrade someone is going to throw a toaster into the tub
I don't think the GAF servers could take it.

in fact the entire internet would melt as if a million voice cried out in terror and then there was silence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom