• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

G4 Officially Shutting Down On November 30th

It honestly looked like they actively TRIED to make the channel sink the last couple years, just like they actively killed TechTV (which they apparently only wanted to buy for X-play... probably would have been cheaper just to buy that one show).

As for G4 the channel itself... It hasn't even been on my cable for over a year, and Esquire IS in it's slot on my cable provider so I figured the original Esquire buy out went through.... odd.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Can't say I'll miss it. After TechTV and G4 merged it all went to shit. Attack of the Show just never was amazing as Screen Savers. Its forced nerd pride just made me cringe.

I kinda agree with this. I did like that AotS was more lively. But I definitely missed Screensavers. Even tho I caught it a few weeks, months before the merger, you could see the differences right away when it happened.

AotS even changed somewhat over time and it was for the worse. Too many skits. Or just skits period.

It honestly looked like they actively TRIED to make the channel sink the last couple years, just like they actively killed TechTV (which they apparently only wanted to buy for X-play... probably would have been cheaper just to buy that one show).

As for G4 the channel itself... It hasn't even been on my cable for over a year, and Esquire IS in it's slot on my cable provider so I figured the original Esquire buy out went through.... odd.

Agree it seemed like they tried to kill it.

When Icons and other shows disappeared, when shows like COPS, Wolverine, etc started popping up on the channel, you saw the downfall coming a mile away. I didnt care that the few shows on there repeated thru out the day. They didnt need to add filler IMO.

Top Bottom