• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riposte said:
That is quite hard for me to answer since my taste is all over the place(classical/orchestral, metal, jazz). At least I do know when it comes to rap lyrics I like more introspective stuff than the songs where a rapper brags about how swag they are in the most vain fashion possible.

I'll browse people's favorite albums. Some of it should stick.

Check out Somobe - The Great Communication

Oneirology pre order/trcklist up
oneirology-249x249.jpg

Pre-orders limited to 500
cl_one_order_included.png

just saw that Dre and em new video.

Dre is jacked to the gills. needs to get off that HGH shit!

must have the same dealer as 50 cent. :)

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
K.Jack said:
Damn you cats are already downloading Shaolin vs Wu-Tang?

smh that's weak

It already leaked?

Bun B tweeted about how it was a shame that Lupe leaked, but hinted that it was a shame because of the quality.

Tokubetsu

GodfatherX said:
Oneirology pre order/trcklist up
oneirology-249x249.jpg

Pre-orders limited to 500
cl_one_order_included.png

Great. I'm gonna be broke this month.

Also, Mellowhype's "Blackenedwhite" is getting a physical vinyl and cd release this summer along with a new/better mix & master:
http://www.fatpossum.com/news/138

Fat Possum also releases Wavves records and bunch of other obscure and older stuff.

kamspy

Tokubetsu said:
Great. I'm gonna be broke this month.

Also, Mellowhype's "Blackenedwhite" is getting a physical vinyl and cd release this summer along with a new/better mix & master:

Anyone know if there's an instrumental for Fuck the Police? We trying to go ham on those horns down here. My boy can't loop it though. He's weak.

Rae day one. Lupe day never.

"Hard As They Come" is really good, looking forward to that album now. Should have known it would be good after Death Is Silent.

Vik_Vaughn said:

yeah i saw that.....wasn't funny at all.

smh thats what happens when you let unfunny nerds write comedy for the most part, i get what they we're aiming for but it missed the mark for one reason. odd future isn't scary or crazy, they're sububran kids that make horrorcore (regardless of what tyler says). They scare NO one.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
DJ Premier talking about 'Illmatic'

Alot of insight to Nas' career since his first album. It is interesting because I was a DJ when Illmatic first came out and so much money was put behind it. Not just the money Sony gave to producers, but leather jackets for DJ's to countless CDs and records sent out. Wish Preemo talked longer about that project in this clip.

kamspy

Yo GAF-HOP. If you're playing Crysis 2 on PC. Add me. kamspy7

I don't normally use a mic, so I won't ether you for your bad taste in hip hop or anything. Just wanna get some games in. and GAF HOP is the best GAF.
no homo.

Tokubetsu

kamspy said:

I don't normally use a mic, so I won't ether you for your bad taste in hip hop or anything. Just wanna get some games in. and GAF HOP is the best GAF.
no homo.

tokubetsu on crysis 2. You already got me on steam so hit me up for a game. Really want to pre-order that CL album but I want Dragon Age II next week haha. #rapnerdproblems

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
kamspy said:

no homo.

Did you just say you wouldn't "ether" us? lawl

iavi

Add me too! I just started maining-Steam and need some homeboys to roll deep with, J.S.Miri is the name. I'm about to set C2 up in a sec.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
kamspy said:
Yep. Figured I'd take the highroad since I'm still kinda new to GAF HOP.

;)

I would be worried about getting "no vasolined"

kamspy

Pinko Marx said:
LOL YOUTUBE COMMENTS AMIRITE

:lol

I knew that would happen.

Is a man not allowed to troll youtube comments? haha

Blackace said:
I would be worried about getting "no vasolined"

Yeah I'm not a fan of the term either. Especially since Hov won the battle pretty handily. Nas had lyrics for Hov, but Hov had real life shit for Nas. In a rap battle, for my tastes, you gotta have some real life shit to get a solid W. It's weird. Lyrically Ether is vastly superior to Takeover, but because of content and real life situations, Hov won the battle.

Tokubetsu

kamspy said:
:lol

I knew that would happen.

Is a man not allowed to troll youtube comments? haha

Yeah I'm not a fan of the term either. Especially since Hov won the battle pretty handily. Nas had lyrics for Hov, but Hov had real life shit for Nas. In a rap battle, for my tastes, you gotta have some real life shit to get a solid W. It's weird. Lyrically Ether is vastly superior to Takeover, but because of content and real life situations, Hov won the battle.

Fuck you. Nas won.

Kw4Kk.jpg

Tokubetsu said:
7Dn7M.jpg

Jesus christ Hires. Like, I'm bad but fuck man.

The difference in posts between you and peterb0y is astounding. You and HiRes are just on another BasedLevel in comparison to the rest of us lol.

Tokubetsu

Pinko Marx said:
Nas won the rap battle, Jay won real life. I mean, Jay fucked his girl.

Yea sure. Everyone knows Nas won the war but he definitely won that battle. I have a love hate relationship with Nasir. He still owes me because I bought Untitled and Nastradamus both on their first days of release. I think I've spoken about this before, but Nastradamus was the first real musical disappointment for me and If I find someone in Gaf-Hop defending that piece of shit, I will find where you live and split you down the fucking middle while you sleep.

hie

ThePrivateCookie said:
yeah i saw that.....wasn't funny at all.

smh thats what happens when you let unfunny nerds write comedy for the most part, i get what they we're aiming for but it missed the mark for one reason. odd future isn't scary or crazy, they're sububran kids that make horrorcore (regardless of what tyler says). They scare NO one.

This implies that some music does scare you. You shouldn't be afraid.

Want to talk about it?

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Pinko Marx said:
Nas won the rap battle, Jay won real life. I mean, Jay fucked his girl.

Nobody wins with sloppy seconds

This is only somewhat hip hop related but he does use hip hop in every track so...I went and saw girl talk last night, and damn did he put on a damn good show. People were hype as fuck, sound was excellent, he played plenty of new stuff as well as stuff from the albums. Great time. But everytime I go a concert I realize I have very little patience for other people. I hate it when people try to shove past you to get to a spot in front of you that barely exists (if it does at all). I managed to shoulder check most guys who tried to shove there way in front of me but once in a while some guy would sneak through or hide behind his girlfriend and slip by. Being drunk on soco and surrounded by hipsters is not a could combination for me. Although shoving people away who try to slip by me and then watching them embarrassingly slink away is somewhat amusing.

Anyways, I just came across a bunch of old instrumentals I did about 7 years ago and they are actually pretty good considering.

Also, I have a declaration.
Aint No Fun is the greatest hip hop song to sing along to ever made.

siddx

Saigon album is the very definition of average. Maybe if it hadn't sat around getting outdated and irrelevant for 3 years.

siddx

MorisUkunRasik said:
I've been saying this for years. Essential party/night out with friends song.

I've seen people who hate hip hop get right into it. It's one of those amazing songs that despite it's rather vulgar subject matter and lyrics, everyone sings along.
"cause you gave me all your puuuusssaaaaay! and you even licked my balls!"

hie said:
This implies that some music does scare you. You shouldn't be afraid.

Want to talk about it?

lol there are some records that encite an emotion from me, like Eminem's Kim is shocking when you hear it for the first time.

i don't know if iwas really scared.... but thats when i knew there was something wrong with eminem lmao

i can't listen to new eminem....it's just not the same

LOZLINK

Tokubetsu said:
Yea sure. Everyone knows Nas won the war but he definitely won that battle. I have a love hate relationship with Nasir. He still owes me because I bought Untitled and Nastradamus both on their first days of release. I think I've spoken about this before, but Nastradamus was the first real musical disappointment for me and If I find someone in Gaf-Hop defending that piece of shit, I will find where you live and split you down the fucking middle while you sleep.
Nastradamus is his 3rd best album after Untitled and Illmatic. What the fuck are you on about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom