• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GRID Autosport leaked (360/PS3/PC only)

Last gen only?

555322240.gif

MormaPope

Banned
Next gen owners are hungry for games but that is a valid point as to WHY it would sell on them.

Either way, if someone wants to see what the game would look like on a next gen console, just get it on the PC. It will look and run better anyways.

True.

Its hard to say if GRID would be a series that would benefit from getting released early on in a console's life cycle. Sony and Microsoft pimp their racing games hard, but for other racers the success or failure feels random.

codhand

I was under the impression that Americans are not the primary audience for any game Codemasters makes, so NPD performance is probably irrelevant.

Next gen owners are hungry for games but that is a valid point as to WHY it would sell on them.

Either way, if someone wants to see what the game would look like on a next gen console, just get it on the PC. It will look and run better anyways.

Guys, be careful, facts can hurt people.

theWB27

The fuck?

Wasn't GRID 2 just released a year ago? Are they moving the series onto yearly iterations now? It was 5 years in between GRID 1 (early-ish 360/PS3 gen) and GRID 2 (end of the 7th gen).

Looks like Codemasters is milking the GRID franchise this time around, just like they did with the DiRT franchise.

Each Dirt had a 2 year window between them (minus Showdown) Grid gets 2 releases in 5 years and another possibly a year later....hardly resembles milking.

jabuseika

So this is what they've been teasing.

Open Wheel cars? Check, What looks like Touring Cars? Check, Drifting? Check.

They've already confirmed Cockpit View, and that this is a brand new game.

I'm impressed, they actually listened to their fans.

Megasoum

Banned
For what its worth, the Cody cm said here last week that "they heard our complaints" about the lack of cockpit and the ridiculous dlc of grid 2.

I still have big doubts that they can make a good racing game but we'll see I guess.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Haven't sagging software sales on the previous gen been an ongoing thing for a couple years now? Why won't developers let that ancient shit die?

Your audience, the passionate, hungry, enthusiast audience has new hardware. Act accordingly or close your doors.

MormaPope

Banned
Haven't sagging software sales on the previous gen been an ongoing thing for a couple years now? Why won't developers let that ancient shit die?

Your audience, the passionate, hungry, enthusiast audience has new hardware. Act accordingly or close your doors.

The bolded made me laugh my ass off. Is this some sort of vague threat?

Nethaniah

I'm sure they will get their asses in gear now.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I need a new racing game sooooooooooo I'll end up getting this some time.

inb4 Driveclub is announced.

No current gen is EXTREMELY disappointing.

Sorry, but I'm done buying games for last gen. I've turned my 360 on TWICE since I got my X1 in November. Once to play Minecraft, and once to download the huge cue of Games with Gold I had built up.

Meh, torn between the PC version, or a current gen port that I would assume might come down the line.

TheMan

Wait, how is this a bad thing? I would prefer shorter announcement ---> release cycles.
i don't think it would be a bad thing, but it's not something i would expect them to do.

You think they were going to make a fully-fledged Grid sequel for a new generation in 1 year? This is the Dirt Showdown of the Grid series.

you can have more than one team at the same company working on different products...

you can have more than one team at the same company working on different products...
Indeed, which is why I'd expect to see Dirt 4 as the first 'next gen' release as they've had Showdown to fill the gap/buy more time. Grid Autosport is likely fulfilling the same purpose before a full Grid 3 arrives next year or beyond.

Disappointed last gen only. I may have bought this on PS4, but there is no way I buy on PS3. I'm over last gen. Codies I'm sorry but I suspect your last gen decision will doom your sales prospects.

sqwarlock

If it's like the first GRID but better (sorry, GRID 2 was too arcade-y for me), I'm in for PC. Real world tracks + a lot of different disciplines + Le Mans 24hr = yes please.

Megasoum

Banned
I just wish they would bring back the dumb story mode from the TOCA series... Wonder if there's any PC version that is still playable on modern pc?

Anteater

Probably started development early on those consoles/pc and taking time to make the transition to ps4/xbox one, wouldn't be surprised if it comes later this year.

If it's like the first GRID but better (sorry, GRID 2 was too arcade-y for me), I'm in for PC. Real world tracks + a lot of different disciplines + Le Mans 24hr = yes please.

Still can't believe they took out most of the long ass races in GRID 2. The ones left in the game are so short and require no endurance at all. In the first GRID you could actually go for the full length Le Mans experience (1:1 24 hours racing) if you wanted to.

sqwarlock

Still can't believe they took out most of the long ass races in GRID 2. The ones left in the game are so short and require no endurance at all. In the first GRID you could actually go for the full length Le Mans experience (1:1 24 hours racing) if you wanted to.

Even though it'd be slightly insane, I'd love for a 1:1 24hr online mode where you need to have a full team of drivers available. Could be amazing if done right.

nampad

I bet the person who decided to just release this on last gen only is punching himself/herself in the face right now.

You current gen folks are being ridiculous. Has it even been confirmed not coming to PS4/Bone?

Not saying it's not looking bad, but you could wait until the article is legit out before exploding into a cloud of confetti.

The PC versions of GRID 2 and Dirt 3 look so good, why can't they do current gen?

PC is just Xbox 360 port with higher IQ. Looks good, but it's still just a cleaner 360 game.
Same low poly car models, held back lighting system, textures, effects & cars on screen. Plus the physics are based on 8 year old hardware.

We want a true next gen Grid game with less of the flashy empty Grid/Dirt crap & more of the sensible solid of TOCA & Colin McRae.

RE_Player

Any publisher who is greenlighting PS3/360 only console versions will feel to burn sooner rather than later. Execs keep on mentioning how there are millions of consoles still so you can't ignore the market... THEY ARE DONE BUYING GAMES! Software sales have been down the tube for awhile because people are tired of their PS3 and 360. Besides the odd exception most game sales nosedived in 2013.

I bet the person who decided to just release this on last gen only is punching himself/herself in the face right now.

Yup. It's strange they're doing a PC version, but no PS4? It's such a straight forward piece of hardware. Hard to imagine a port from PC to PS4 would be too difficult.

IKizzLE

I'll wait until tomorrow to see if this is current gen or not.
If its last gen, then I guess I'll just have to play another racer.

Top Bottom