• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAIV 360 Gamertag thread of SHOOT YOU IN THE ******* FACE

cubanb

Banned
Mrbob said:
Haha yup. It took about 16 minutes for the first person to finish. :lol

It was bad.

I dropped out of that to go watch Lost and because I didn't know what there hell I was going.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
plaidtopia said:
Yeah, there's definitely a problem with going from the party mode to matchmaking.

In playing with 2-3 people last night, we were trying to go between different game types and, with the exception of one time, the host was always dropped in transit.

So long as you stay within the party and play games without matchmaking, everything worked fine, but this is definitely something that needs fixing asap.

yeah I hadn't played the mp before and I accepted an invite from Mmarsu and I only had one match the time I was there (it was 4 AM at the time so I was damn tired)

not the best first impression since most of the time we just stood there in the lobby and fucked around :lol

you were in that group iirc

Ventrue

I'd like to sign up, I've sent the friend request.

Ventrue / Cossus / AEST

EDIT: Am I missing something with the multiplayer? Do I seriously need to load up the singleplayer each time I quit a multiplayer game? Sometimes I select a game type and it starts up a new game; I guess nobody is playing that type. So then if I want to try something different, I have to load up the singleplayer and then load up another multiplayer type?

Kordos

FYI, I found that Party mode / matchmaking was SOLID last night - all game modes worked (including Cops/Crooks), and we had zero disconnect errors.

Anyone have experience to the contrary?

eznark

Banned
Is anyone playing this online at all? I tired to get a few games last night and pretty much every option was sparsely populated at best. I ended up playing some 3 person deathmatch. It showed a lot of promise but there were too few people in it to make it fun.

Artadius

Cops and Crooks custom matchs to happen tonight off my friends list with all slots reserved probably around 9pm Central (didn't get any in this past weekend due to parents in town visiting). Remember, I'll need you on MY friends list (not just the GAF one) in order to set aside a slot for you.

All folks who typically join these games are in it for at least a couple of hours and are active teamplayers / voice chatters for coordination.

eznark

Banned
Artadius said:
Cops and Crooks custom matchs to happen tonight off my friends list with all slots reserved probably around 9pm Central (didn't get any in this past weekend due to parents in town visiting). Remember, I'll need you on MY friends list (not just the GAF one) in order to set aside a slot for you.

All folks who typically join these games are in it for at least a couple of hours and are active teamplayers / voice chatters for coordination.

I'm not going to be able to play tonight, but I'l going to add you to my friends list for later this week. Organization for the win

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Ventrue said:
I'd like to sign up, I've sent the friend request.

Ventrue / Cossus / AEST

EDIT: Am I missing something with the multiplayer? Do I seriously need to load up the singleplayer each time I quit a multiplayer game? Sometimes I select a game type and it starts up a new game; I guess nobody is playing that type. So then if I want to try something different, I have to load up the singleplayer and then load up another multiplayer type?
just use your cellphone in the middle of a multiplayer game.

Who wants to play in about 10 minutes?! WHO'S WITH ME!?

Kritz

Banned
Just about to clean out my friend's list, thought it'd be a good chance to finally get some GAF interaction. I'll be playing GTAIV for about the next month, roughly between 4pm to 6pm, occasionally later on weekends (AEST / GMT+10).

Kritz / Kritz117 / AEST

I've already sent a request to the NeoGAF GTAIV gamertag, but regardless, I'll be playing for the next hour if anyone wants to just blow up stuff.

Played some really cool (if underpopulated) games with Uncle Guito and others last night.

- Point A to point B racing is really, really cool and a whole hell of a lot better than the regular GTA races.
- The co-op modes are underwhelming, but Bomb da Base II is probably the best of the bunch. That drug deal one is infuriating and nothing more.

Also: GAF Goes to LC is now full!

plaidtopia said:
Played some really cool (if underpopulated) games with Uncle Guito and others last night.
Saw you on last night and I was going to join in, but I had to take care of some other stuff at home. :(

Are there many people playing multiplayer these days? I checked last night and you were the only person on from my FL. Not sure if that's because everyone wants to finish the single player story or if no one likes the multi.

Hmmmm, not a lot of activity on this thread. :(

If anyone is up for multiplayer, a friend of mine is hosting a game this Saturday (5/17) at around 8pm PT/11pm ET. Should be a large, fun group of people. He wants to use his capture card and put together a video of some multiplayer action. He'll probably youtube the video once he gets it edited. If you'd like to play, send me a FR and look for me on Saturday night.

GT: Cornballer

FightyF said:
Was the FoF thing disbanded, or was I just kicked off? :(
Were you on GAF goes to LC or GAFGTAIV? GAFGTAIV doesn't seem to be very active...

I finished the campaign the other day, so I'm interested in doing multiplayer if anyone needs an extra man.
GT: rohlfinator / CST

FightyF

Banned
rohlfinator said:
Were you on GAF goes to LC or GAFGTAIV? GAFGTAIV doesn't seem to be very active...

I finished the campaign the other day, so I'm interested in doing multiplayer if anyone needs an extra man.
GT: rohlfinator / CST

Yeah I was in GAF goes to LC...I didn't know there was two...so I'm guessing one replaced the other.

Anyways, feel free to add me, I'll be playing all sorts of modes.

Top Bottom