• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

I hate that all my complaints about this game aren't directly related to gameplay. It's the small things that hurt Halo 4. UI, ordnance, instant respawn, etc. The only core gameplay problem I have is the flinch/staying scoped thing. I don't like that at all.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Is this the new thing?

EVERYONE SAID WAIT AND SEE BUT I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG!

To play devil's advocate, the major complaints across all players, whether they like the game or not, are the same concerns that were raised during development.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Is this the new thing?

EVERYONE SAID WAIT AND SEE BUT I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG!

New? Not new, it's a tried and true annoying thing that idiots in this community do. Apparently they believe they are the only ones who could "see" anything being bad or a problem in the game. It's not a coincidence the people who do that are mostly on my blocked list.

IHaveIce

Banned
You read my mind Bobs. This was the exact thought I had when I read the bulletin this morning. Looked at the map list, all big maps. It needs Haven and Adrift. I also cringed at this piece of advice from 343

'Hiding' is shitty in snipes. Fucking Hemorrhage all over again. I get the feeling from that statement and the map list that 343 just doesn't understand Team Snipers. Same for Frankie

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=42155538&postcount=3383

It's really not. It certainly wasn't in Halo 3, other than people lingering on the outskirts of Sandtrap (A map that most high level players hated in snipes) and maybe Pelican clinging on Valhalla. Standoff was abusive and was therefore removed.

But many amazing small-ish maps for Halo 3 Snipes:

Guardian
The Pit
Narrows
Construct
Blackout
Assembly
Citadel

Glorious.

Perfect post, I agree with everything, Team Sniper shouldn't be about camping and hiding, the best games of team sniper I had were on smaller maps and therefore not about camping

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
To play devil's advocate, the major complaints across all players, whether they like the game or not, are the same concerns that were raised during development.

No I understand. And I had my share of worries too that held up but now it's like people are happy that things turned out how they expected it even if it's something negative.

They can you know, hide in the lower part.

So from the looks of this, people are blowing through this game in coop, which leads me to believe this game does not scale at all in coop. Can anyone confirm? This is a HUGE oversight, and will probably kill re-playability for me :/

Actually the enemies looks more toned down in coop, jackals cant kill you with one shot most of the time, the promethean knights are a joke when facing multiple spartan at the same and makes the coop experience a bit boring and not well tested like the Pelican part and the Death Star chapter.

H3 Snipes had smaller maps, but it also had radar. Crouch and melee (two hits to kill!) fests began.

If you played Halo 3 snipes against anyone good you would have died before you got anywhere near melee range.

You read my mind Bobs. This was the exact thought I had when I read the bulletin this morning. Looked at the map list, all big maps. It needs Haven and Adrift. I also cringed at this piece of advice from 343

'Hiding' is shitty in snipes. Fucking Hemorrhage all over again. I get the feeling from that statement and the map list that 343 just doesn't understand Team Snipers. Same for Frankie

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=42155538&postcount=3383

It's really not. It certainly wasn't in Halo 3, other than people lingering on the outskirts of Sandtrap (A map that most high level players hated in snipes) and maybe Pelican clinging on Valhalla. Standoff was abusive and was therefore removed.

But many amazing small-ish maps for Halo 3 Snipes:

Guardian
The Pit
Narrows
Construct
Blackout
Assembly
Citadel

Glorious.

Yeah totally agreed, pretty sad to see that people just dont 'get' snipes.

I hate that all my complaints about this game aren't directly related to gameplay. It's the small things that hurt Halo 4. UI, ordnance, instant respawn, etc. The only core gameplay problem I have is the flinch/staying scoped thing. I don't like that at all.

Infinity slayer and regicide belong in action sack. Randomness isn't fun especially when it leads to frustrating bullshit

Random Ordnance drops should be removed.

Flinch should be replaced with getting kicked out of scope

You should be able to drop the flag (at the very least in customs)

Infection needs to come back so we can have decent custom games.

Valhalla should be weighted less and complex sucks ass and should be removed

Why is file sharing on waypoint not ready yet? Why do we have to wait for ranks until next year? I thought this game was done months ago.

UI needs a overhaul. It looks neat-o coolio but its not functional at all.

Movement speed is slow, and strafing is awful.

So yea

No I understand. And I had my share of worries too that held up but now it's like people are happy that things turned out how they expected it even if it's something negative.
"people"
Well they can't be happy that the game didn't end up being to their taste (everyone here wanted to love Halo 4) so they're trying to find gratification somewhere?

These are all old news comments by now, but I'm going to go Wu-LTTP-style on them:

I don't think there will be a Halo every year, but I wouldn't be shocked to see a Certain Affinity spin-off once or twice.
We're getting some flavor of Halo on the Xbox every year for the foreseeable future. I've already set aside pre-order money for Halo 4: ODST coming Holiday 2013. Can't wait for my exclusive "Buck-skin".

I've been trying to think of unique video ideas to make for Halo 4 (like my Weekly Montages) but I don't know what I wanna do. I have some ideas, montage and non montage but I wanna do something really cool. If anyone has some cool ideas, shout them out at me.

No joke: an AR strategy video would be both fun and useful. Talk about it with Firepower in radar playlists and talk about it in Slayer Pro.

Had my first game with GAFfers last night. Felt good man.

Tried my best not to drag you guys down kittens.

That was you! I'm such an asshole for not sending you a friend request. Send me one next time you're on. GT same as my GAF name.

Halo 4 has a lobby??

1190505833.jpg

Ken

Personal ordnance should be marked for everyone just like global ordnance so the opposing team can at least know there's a sniper rifle/beam rifle on Adrift before getting headshotted by one.

BigShow36

Personal ordnance should be marked for everyone just like global ordnance so the opposing team can at least know there's a sniper rifle/beam rifle on Adrift before getting headshotted by one.

But thats Fun! Random, crazy, cool stuff! Yay! The fun thing about Halo is all the wild and crazy stuff that happens in games.

Also, adapt.

Striker

If you played Halo 3 snipes against anyone good you would have died before you got anywhere near melee range.
I played Snipers in that game more than anything else ranked until I stopped playing period. Led to more frustration than entertainment, so I'm not sure why. Radar, unlimited ammo, bad spawns, and many bad maps were reason for that. Then you had to use a rifle with that shoddy hit detection. If anything I rather forget those days.

We're getting some flavor of Halo on the Xbox every year for the foreseeable future. I've already set aside pre-order money for Halo 4: ODST coming Holiday 2013. Can't wait for my exclusive "Buck-skin".

Don't tease me.

--

Just got this in the mail, UPS guy dropped it off about a minute before I got home:

This is a serious strategy guide. Got it for $25 or so from Amazon last week.

Do you wish to rush your team sniper at spawn? Yes , No?

Yes

Your teammate spawned before you and was able to get a few steps ahead and grab it first because Halo 13 still does not have a countdown before the match to get everyone in the game at the same time.

Do you wish to betray him for the Sniper? Yes, No?

Swarmerr

As an avid snipes player in both halo 3 and reach I have to say...

The map selection for team snipes in halo 4 is absolute shit. Small maps > big maps.

I do however like the fact they have included only the human sniper rifle in the loadout with no pistol or beam rifle.

Top Bottom