• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Higher prices for PS3 games confirmed by Atari Europe

Preise von Segas PS3- und Wii-Spielen

31.05.06 - Atari hat Preise von PS3- und Wii-Spielen veröffentlicht, die sich auf die Beneluxländer beziehen. Die Spiele sind von Sega, allerdings übernimmt Atari den Vertrieb der Software in diesen Regionen.

- Sonic The Hedgehog (PS3): Euro 67,99
- World Snooker Championship 2007 (PS3): Euro 73,99
- Sonic Wild Fire (Wii): Euro 59,99
- Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (Wii): Euro 59,99

Inwiefern die Preise auch auf Deutschland zutreffen, bleibt abzuwarten: Hierzulande regelt Sega den Vertrieb und hat noch keine offiziellen Preisangaben zu den obigen Spielen gemacht.
CLICK (JeuxVideo: 'Les prix des jeux Playstation 3 et Wii')

Source: Gamefront

Atari, who publish Sega's games in the benelux countries name the prices for these four Sega games, as you can see in the quote. Motherfucking 74€ for World Snooker Championship :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Nightbringer

Don´t hit me for my bad english plase
snes.jpg

Remember me?

syllogism

Sadly these are almost typical PS2 prices at least here in Scandinavia

edit: PS2 games are usually around 50-60 and 360 55-70. Some games are cheaper though.
edit2: NO THE PRICES WILL NOT FOLLOW THIS PATTERN IN THE US RAAARGH

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
wow. then the ps3 prices and the wii prices are scandalous. if prices follow this pattern in the US, i'm going to be a one console man.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
These look cheaper in many cases than 360 games in my local GAME. €70-75 is the norm, even €80 isn't totally unusual.

I was hoping Wii games might be a bit cheaper than that, a foolish hope I'm sure.

Wink

Most expensive 360 game I saw was 64.99€ in Germany.

I really hope people stop buying games at those prices. 55€ for a new console game (doesn't matter if PS2 or PS3) is the absolute limit.

Edit: No Sonic or Monkey Ball at launch for me at 60€. Keep it cheap you bastards. Profit-maximizing at every chance... Sucks

Ceb

Hmm, looking at the recommended prices for 360 games, the MSRP is 70€ for most games. Still, that Snooker game upping the ante is a bit worrying...

Lionheart

€ 70 was the normal price for all PS2 / Xbox games for their first year(s) here in Holland, now new games are usually all € 60, GameCube games too.

yilmazz

Announcing prices is one thing, but the amount of money you pay in the store later is another.

360 games were also supposed to be more expensive, but they aren't in most stores.

Elios83

A new PS2 game here costs already between 50-60€.Xbox 360 games cost more than 60€.
10€ more for next gen games is unfortunately what I was expecting.Anyway I think games which cost more than 70€ should be boycotted.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
With the exception of those games bundled with hardware or the special editions, I do never buy games over 60. I either trade other/get a discount or wait till they go down.

reminder

I will not pay more than I paid in this Gen. Most shops will offer better Prices because of competition. It's the same as with the 360 Games.

Aryuken

Banned
360 games in europe can go anywhere from ~60e to ~75(Only in some countrys).

gofreak said:
These look cheaper in many cases than 360 games in my local GAME. €70-75 is the norm, even €80 isn't totally unusual.

I was hoping Wii games might be a bit cheaper than that, a foolish hope I'm sure.

Well...where do you live? :lol I've never seen a 80E game ever, and 70 -75 are few and far between (I don't even remember the games i saw at that price).
If you live in a place where the 360 games cost tha high, expect no less from PS3 games, prices vary in Europe.

In this case Atari announced prices for germany(Right? What lang is that?), not "Europe".

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Aryuken said:
Well...where do you live? :lol I've never seen a 80E game ever

Ireland. I've seen Condemned at over €80. A couple of others have been €79.99. €74.99 is the norm here.

Aryuken said:
If you live in a place where the 360 games cost tha high, expect no less from PS3 games, prices vary in Europe.

In this case Atari announced prices for germany(Right? What lang is that?), not "Europe".

It's not clear what territories these prices are for - Gamefront is just relaying this from Jeux-France.

And I'd expect to similarly pay more here, for sure, but these prices don't suggest they'll compare unfavourably to 360 games here. Which are already way too expensive at least as the market grows they will become so, but that's a different point altogether.

reminder

Aryuken said:

The Language is german, but the Prices are announced for Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg.

Brashnir

gofreak said:
Ireland. I've seen Condemned at over €80. A couple of others have been €79.99. €74.99 is the norm here.

That's doubly strange since Condemned is a $55 title in the US, while most 360 games go for $60.

Kabouter

gofreak said:

360 games in the Netherlands are either 59,95 or 64,95 new.
Have yet to see them more expensive, and only a few new titles I have seen cheaper (and then it's usually 54,95)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Brashnir said:
That's doubly strange since Condemned is a $55 title in the US, while most 360 games go for $60.

Kabouter said:
360 games in the Netherlands are either 59,95 or 64,95 new.
Have yet to see them more expensive, and only a few new titles I have seen cheaper (and then it's usually 54,95)

What can I say, Ireland's rip-off central - though so is everywhere in europe compared to the US, Brashnir! I need to find a good european online store to get my games..play.com is pretty decent, but I wonder if I can do better. I've been very reluctant to buy locally for the last year or more.

Furoba

Guns N' Poops said:
No, not for Germany, but for the benelux countries Belgium, Netherlands and Luxemburg.

Sega has an office in Germany too. =)

Distributors like Anatol and Global Image (EA, Codemasters,...) are still important in the benelux, as some companies don't have an office here AND handle publishing + distribution. A bit like EA publishing Square games some time ago.

74 euro is comparable to the outrageous price they asked for FFX back in the day...

Kabouter

fortified_concept said:
It's euro prices don't get excited.

When games are roughly 10 euro more than 360 games (which themselves cost 5-10 euros more than current-gen games) and I live in Europe I get excited (in the bad way)

soepkip

Since this is about the Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg), a comparison with the 360 prices in the Netherlands:

Elder Scrolls Oblivion (X360): Euro 59,95
Perfect Dark Zero (X360): Euro 64,95

Sonic The Hedgehog (PS3): Euro 67,99
World Snooker Championship 2007 (PS3): Euro 73,99

Vashu

Well, prices here in The Netherlands are fucked anyway. This was very noticeable when we had the conversion to Euro. Games suddenly were 10 Euro's more than in Germany or France. 68 Euro's was the norm for Xbox, PS2 and GC games. That suddenly went down to 59.99, which is still quite a lot, and I see the same thing happening here. Within two years the regular prices will be around 59.99 again, so yeah, you pay a certain price when you're an early adopter.

Also, EA games for X360 are a standard 69.99 here.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
fortified_concept said:
Euro prices are high. I've found many (if not most) 360 games for 70+ euros. Do you people honestly believe that Wii games will cost 60$ in USA?

you do realize that a lot of the people on gaf actually are from DIFFERENT COUNTRIES.

but yes, here in europe we tend to get kinda robbed. i've said it before, and i'll say it again: it's cheaper for me to import DS-games from canada (shipping included) than going out to a Game or EB here and buy it.

gofreak said:
Then prepare to see higher prices for PS3. If they're 74 in germany, where the norm is 60-65, I'd say you could see them at 84...

Vashu

Spider_Jerusalem said:
Then prepare to see higher prices for PS3. If they're 74 in germany, where the norm is 60-65, I'd say you could see them at 84...

Not to sound nagging, but these are prices for the Benelux not Germany, I expect a lower price in that country. As has been stated before, X360 games are around 70 already, so there's not much difference between these and the newly stated PS3 prices. Which, btw, can still change in the coming months.

Top Bottom