• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC 8X/S |OT| Now 20 Pennies Lighter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

Screen is arguably better on the 920 too with ClearBlack tech and super sensitive touch. it also has bigger battery at 2000mAh against 1800.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
will be a fantastic phone once its on the latest update, only places the 920 has an advantage OEM app support Nokia leads the way, video + audio recording and low light photography, the HTC owns for a mp3 player though shame they only put 16gig in.

I would put build quality in the 920 column as well. Has you 8x not gotten black on the edges or SIM card errors?

It's a gorgeous device, and it feels better in the hand than my Lumia 920, but the abundance of Nokia software, 16 extra gigs of storage, superior camera, and superior build quality makes the 920 the best Windows Phone on the market, hands down.

zedge

The 8X we have has started with the sim card errors, also the headphone jack is now screwed up, you have to twist the connection to get sound out of both ear pieces. Also there are three glowing spots on the screen, more noticeable when its all white.. sigh. Going in today to get it sent for repair I guess.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
The 8X we have has started with the sim card errors, also the headphone jack is now screwed up, you have to twist the connection to get sound out of both ear pieces. Also there are three glowing spots on the screen, more noticeable when its all white.. sigh. Going in today to get it sent for repair I guess.

That sucks :(

The Ativ build quality is not bad other than being boring looking also the buttons on it aren't very good.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
That sucks :(

The Ativ build quality is not bad other than being boring looking also the buttons on it aren't very good.

Samsung plastic phones are generally very good over the long run. Before going with Nokia, my two previous phones were Samsungs and they both held up pretty well.

I have a 4S and I kind of hate it. The wifi keeps dropping out and with ios 6 it's slow as hell now.

Is the 8S worth getting. It's the only windows phone in my price range.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I have a 4S and I kind of hate it. The wifi keeps dropping out and with ios 6 it's slow as hell now.

Is the 8S worth getting. It's the only windows phone in my price range.

If you can wait just a bit longer the Lumia 620 is coming Telus and Rogers. The 8S is very nice looking just a little low on storage.

If you can wait just a bit longer the Lumia 620 is coming Telus and Rogers. The 8S is very nice looking just a little low on storage.

I played around with the 920 in stores and liked the feel of HTCs phones better.

The specs of the 8s and the IPhone 4S seem pretty similar.

Outside of storage are the 8s and 8x pretty similar? I never take pictures are and rarely download apps. I usually just listen to podcasts on my iphone and web browse.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
The 8s is just way too limiting on space. Someone mentioned you get less than 2gb of space for apps. That's just not enough, even if you aren't a big apps person. The only HTC phone worth considering is the 8x, and even then the 920 is a better option imo.

KoukiFC

Neo Member
Just picked up an 8X. It feels so good in my hand.
tzH6TSe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom