• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter X Hunter Manga TO CONTINUE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibel

bTko0lo.jpg

http://www.shonenjump.com/p/sp/1603/hxh/

This year's 16th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is announcing on Saturday that Yoshihiro Togashi is resuming his Hunter × Hunter manga on April 18. The manga will resume with the Ankoku Tairiku (Dark Continent) arc.

Shueisha shipped the manga's 32nd compiled volume in Japan in December 2012, and Viz Media released the same volume in North America in April 2014. The manga inspired two television anime series; the latest one ran from 2011 until 2014. The manga also inspired two anime films and several original video anime titles.

via ANN

dQcGBJW.gif

kirblar

I wish he'd just work as a scripter for an ongoing anime version instead - no need to put himself through the physical work.

comedian

Someone give Togashi some adderall ! Awesome great news (and on a Monday no less). Does that mean we should expect to see a new chapter next week ?

Effect

Bah. We've heard this before and in 10 chapters it will be gone again. Unless Togashi actually hired a few artist to draw for him I don't give a fuck at this point. I'm really tired of his BS with Hunter x Hunter. I've been strung along far to many times.

Will not be surprised when the art turns out to be barely done sketches like during part of the Ant arc.

VariantX

Oh god, I can't even get excited right now. I start reading again, then all comes crashing to a halt with another hiatus...

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Bah. We've heard this before and in 10 chapters it will be gone again. Unless Togashi actually hired a few artist to draw for him I don't give a fuck at this point. I'm really tired of his BS with Hunter x Hunter. I've been strung along far to many times.

I'm fairly sure he was seriously ill for a while there so it wasn't like he was just taking a break because he wanted to fuck around. Though being married to the creator of Sailor Moon mean's that he easily could if he wanted to and not be hurting for money in the slightest.

smurfx

get some go again
please give us 2 volumes worth of chapters before you leave again togashi. remember that the editor said some scene that would be in the top 3 of hxh would be coming soon.

Says that a scene that no doubt will be one of the Top 3 ones in all of HxH will be coming. It's something fans probably have been waiting for. So just wait a little longer.

shouta translated it back in the day.

Effect

I'm fairly sure he was seriously ill for a while there so it wasn't like he was just taking a break because he wanted to fuck around. Though being married to the creator of Sailor Moon mean's that he easily could if he wanted to and not be hurting for money in the slightest.

Oh I understand that. It's also my understanding that he wants to do everything himself and not hire someone, anyone to help with the art if he himself can't draw because he's physically ill, etc. That's how we ended up with those chapters that barely looked like sketches. It wouldn't be hard at all to find people, interns, etc to do grunt work for you, especially for a good recommendation, actual work experience, low pay, etc in return.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
If the new HxH chapters start coming out in a few months around the Summer which is when Berserk should be releasing new chapters as well, we can play the game of seeing which series will release more chapters before the next break!

Oh I understand that. It's also my understanding that he wants to do everything himself and not hire someone, anyone to help with the art if he himself can't draw because he's physically ill, etc. That's how we ended up with those characters that looked like sketches. It wouldn't be hard at all to find people, interns, etc to do grunt work for you, especially for a good recommendation, actual expereince, low pay, etc.

He sounds like Miura with how he works with Berserk. He does like 98 percent of the work even if it means he gets no days off and works for like 16 hours a day. He does have a few assistants but from what has been said, they do very minor touch up work and things like drawing faces on crowds of people and other such jobs.

Ray Down

Banned
It will be back for one chapter then go back oh hiatus so Togashi will have enough chapters to release another volume.

fastmower

If the new HxH chapters start coming out in a few months around the Summer which is when Berserk should be releasing new chapters as well, we can play the game of seeing which series will release more chapters before the next break!

He sounds like Miura with how he works with Berserk. He does like 98 percent of the work even if it means he gets no days off and works for like 16 hours a day. He does have a few assistants but from what has been said, they do very minor touch up work and things like drawing faces on crowds of people and other such jobs.

Berserk chapters require so much more work than HxH, so they are hard to compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom