• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InfoScout: PS4 Uncharted bundle highest earning product at Best Buy on Black Friday

I had a feeling the Uncharted bundle would be a mega hit. It was smart of Sony to bundle a T rated game with the console. Microsoft choosing to bundle Gears of War may have hurt their sales in that regard. A mom looking to buy her kid a console would most likely choose the bundle with the T rated, more innocent looking Uncharted game over the M rated, more violent looking Gears of War game. I know Xbox has other bundles with non M rated games, but the GOW bundle seems to be the main one they are pushing.

Clinton514

I knew it would sell. Said it in the other thread where lots of peeps shat on the idea of it selling. I know I'd buy it if I was looking for an early Xmas gift or two.

Loudninja

Article is pretty confusing I think they talking about top offer right?
Given existing gaming consoles have been available on the shelf for over two years, it should be of no surprise that consoles took a back seat to game sales this Black Friday season. Once again, when consoles did sell retailers offered game+console bundle deals to lure consumers. The top console bundle pick this year was the Xbox One 500gb with Gears of War, which Target discounted to $299 (down from $350) and threw in a $60 gift card.

While not a top dollar mover, game memberships were popular this season thanks to major discounts from brick & mortar retailers – Walmart offered a 3 month membership to Xbox Live for $12.50 (down from $25) and PlayStation Plus for $10 (down from $18).
http://blog.infoscout.co/

Elios83

Infoscout is claiming that PS4 won among millennials (18-35) and Xbox One won among middle aged (36-55):

http://blog.infoscout.co/millennial-video-game-sales/

BlackFriday2015_ShareGamingConsoles@2x-1.png

Edit: Average day is based on October sales when Xbox One won the month.

Top Bottom