• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jane the Virgin S2 |OT| Mex Education

Leeness

I need details now. Please. :( Thank you. :)

He went for his test, finished, then collapsed and it showed the little glowing heart that they use in the show sometimes going dark. Jane got a call that it was a complication from his gunshot/surgery, and that was about it.

If you guys check the Facebook page, it seems that Jennie Snyder Urman wrote up a post about it. But don't click on the link unless you know what happened tonight or don't care about being spoiled!

Linkura

He went for his test, finished, then collapsed and it showed the little glowing heart that they use in the show sometimes going dark. Jane got a call that it was a complication from his gunshot/surgery, and that was about it.

Thank you for the details. Jesus. That seems a little sudden. It would have made more sense to me if he had
an undiagnosed heart condition.

Leeness

Thank you for the details. Jesus. That seems a little sudden. It would have made more sense to me if he had
an undiagnosed heart condition.

Well, I mean...that's basically what it was.
The surgery he had was billed as dangerous, he hadn't been cleared to go back to work, he got super stressed over that test and I guess it caused his heart to give out. It was just the bullet/surgery coming back to bite him.

ZeroX03

Banned
Incredible

btw, check out Raf's new look

also in a weird little twist, they've said
despite the three year flashforward, it'll continue to take place in roughly 2017 so they stay contemporary. I get it, but just be prepared.

ionitron

I HAVENT SEEN THE EPISODE YET

But if that spoiler from about a week ago is real... fuck.

This show is the only show ever to make me scream from the drama.

ZeroX03

Banned
GET OUT OF THIS THREAD AND GO WATCH THE EPISODE IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY

Also the Rogelio and Xo stuff was just delightful.

Aiii

So not worth it
Honestly felt like that was pretty random and clumsily handled.

Very much agreed, they should have just killed him off when he got shot in the first place, why wait and then have him randomly die while taking a LSAT... I mean, wtf, where's the impact? This is supposed to be a Telenovella, give me the drama.

Linkura

Incredible

btw, check out Raf's new look

also in a weird little twist, they've said
despite the three year flashforward, it'll continue to take place in roughly 2017 so they stay contemporary. I get it, but just be prepared.

Joshua Sasse is a trendsetter.

So I guess that means NO FLYING CARS THEN????

WGMBY

GODDAMMIT, when I woke up this morning, spoilers galore from both Instagram and my GF's sister. I'm still a few episodes behind, since the mid-season break, so I guess I'll need to binge a bit to catch up.

I'm so sad #teammichael

FZZ

Banned
Yeah sorry but fuck this

Man I'd be okay with letting Michael die but the fucking manner they did it in is fucking gross, showing the worst two fucking characters written in existence (Rose & Luisa) getting close to getting back together and having a happy life then having Michael die in the same episode was like getting spit on the face by the writers. Michael should have at least had the episode dedicated to himself, and I FUCKING DESPISE rose and luisa don't know why those two are still alive, theyre like the worst representation of any LGBT characters in existence and the fact that Michael is dead because of Rose is only getting me more heated. Hope those two suffer a painful death in the show, writers better not let me down.

ZeroX03

Banned
Watched the episode again. Don't like what happened at all, it was devastating, but I think it was one of the best episodes in the series and will breathe necessary life where things were risking growing stale.

Also almost every major character left this episode showing growth so it'll be interesting to see where they land.

-Petra's confidence in raising her kids
-Rafael no longer playing to the criminal bullshit and striving to be a role mode
-Xo striking out independently and Alba accepting it
-Rogelio putting Darci's happiness before his career
-Jane's career
-Michael's
legacy

Blackhead

Redarse
Is there a break?! So random for a midseason regular episode. Really caught me by surprise which did ensure a bigger impact on me though

Chase17

ehhh, not sure about how they handled that. The acting for Jane at the end there was pretty good though.

I'm so sick of this Rose and Luisa stuff. I'm also unclear if we are jumping a whole three years for good and next week will bridge into that, or if it will just be a HIMYM tease thing.

ZeroX03

Banned
Is there a break?! So random for a midseason regular episode. Really caught me by surprise which did ensure a bigger impact on me though

No break.

I'm also unclear if we are jumping a whole three years for good and next week will bridge into that, or if it will just be a HIMYM tease thing.

It's a proper time jump. We'll be seeing the direct aftermath because of course we have to, but the show's "present" is now the three years later shown. But the show will still treat things as if it's 2017 in the time jump because they want to stay contemporary.

Makonero

No break.

It's a proper time jump. We'll be seeing the direct aftermath because of course we have to, but the show's "present" is now the three years later shown. But the show will still treat things as if it's 2017 in the time jump because they want to stay contemporary.

so it won't be a Parks and Rec situation where they humorously reference future events that are unlikely to happen?

sad.

Chase17

Ah that makes sense. Thanks! Wonder if Rogelio's reality show will have taken the world by storm by then lol

Linkura

Yeah sorry but fuck this

Man I'd be okay with letting Michael die but the fucking manner they did it in is fucking gross, showing the worst two fucking characters written in existence (Rose & Luisa) getting close to getting back together and having a happy life then having Michael die in the same episode was like getting spit on the face by the writers. Michael should have at least had the episode dedicated to himself, and I FUCKING DESPISE rose and luisa don't know why those two are still alive, theyre like the worst representation of any LGBT characters in existence and the fact that Michael is dead because of Rose is only getting me more heated. Hope those two suffer a painful death in the show, writers better not let me down.

I'm not super upset like you are, but yeah, I'm fucking sick of Rose and Luisa. You would think the writers would realize people are sick of that shit by now.

Hope this development brings new life into the show. Still wasn't super interested in much of the episode (Petra and Rafael's parts were good though). They've been turning Rogelio into a shitshow for a while now and it was getting annoying; hopefully the skip helps with that. If it doesn't.... I'm out after this season for sure.

I think I'm done with the show. I'll probably watch the next episode to see how things turned out, but Michael and Jane's relationship was the heart of this show to me. With Michael gone, I will stop watching.

Linkura

I think I'm done with the show. I'll probably watch the next episode to see how things turned out, but Michael and Jane's relationship was the heart of this show to me. With Michael gone, I will stop watching.

I'm surprised that anyone even likes Michael.

OK, so what are the chances that Jane
gives birth to Michael's kid? Figured he should have some kinda legacy survive him

0 thank god

Linkura

Heaps of people like Michael. I'm not sure you seem to like the show judging by your posts.

Loved the first season, it's gone steadily downhill since. There are still bits of genius, but it's getting few and far between.

Personally, I'm Team Rafael. Michael constantly acted like a creeper in the first season and that soured me for good. Only good thing about him was his bromance with Rogelio.

Top Bottom