• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jill Stein Launches Fundraising Effort To Ask For A Recount In 3 States

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you mean they went through the proper channels to have their voices heard, rather than have a Hungarian billionaire work them into a frenzy and getting them to riot.

Hungarian billionaire

Haha haha haha haha haha

Yeah, the concern is gone and the full time conspiracy theories are on now

Next thing we know occupy and the pride parades and any leftist protest or March ever was also Soros funded or something XD

MrNelson

Banned
Yes, how dare someone point out that Soros has been funding many protest and hasn't actually hid that fact.
Ya, because it's impossible that people would get pissed off about the negative impacts a Trump presidency will have on their lives and the lives of their friends and family and take to the streets in protest.

Ms.Galaxy

Yes, how dare someone point out that Soros has been funding many protest and hasn't actually hid that fact.

donald_trump_ufo_i_want_to_believe_t_shirt-rdce55f8e25d84352bf7730803649fcf9_jyr6q_324.jpg

Haha. Alright dude, sure. Where's my check then? I took part on a few anti Trump protests, if people are getting paid for it, I want some too.

Ya, because it's impossible that people would get pissed off about the negative impacts a Trump presidency will have on their lives and the lives of their friends and family and take to the streets in protest.
Yes, many are, but it doesn't change the fact that Soros has funded many of these protest and their organizations.

Amikami

Banned
I can see where this thread is headed. I don't have time for this, whether it be trolling, a pair of tinted glasses, or honest oppinions that PepperJohn is on. Goodnight.

So would it be a conspiracy to mention that the Koch Brothers also funded the Tea Party during the 2012 election?
If that comparison was accurate, your statement still wouldn't hold, the Koch brothers never paid tea partiers to protest or rally

An accurate comparison in such a situation would be if candidates representing a far left uncompromising group were supported with ad and campaign finance by Soros

Also, still missing links, thank you very muvh

Jenov

I can't wait for the recount to show Trump won. Jesus, get over it already. He won, fair and square.

Debatable. Especially with all the fuckery with Russia, Assange/Wikileaks, and Comey. And lol at your Soros conspiracy theories. Are you sure you're not the one actually being paid here, junior?

CNN just did about a 2-3 minute piece on this.

Personally I think they should have stopped collecting once they hit 2.5 million. If they end up raising over 6-7 million and there's no recount, this is going to look really shady.

RedHill

Banned
Lol, sure the protestors are all being paid off. Because minorities across the nation aren't livid. Do minorities even exist? Are we paid off to be minorities too? Jesus some of you are nuts.

GusBus

The moveon.com mailing list is sending this around, which probably explains some of the new traction. Lots of liberals drinking that hopium...

Kilau

If nothing else, this should bring about even more lively political discussions with family around the dinner table today.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Why would the EVs change their vote?

They'd be different electors. Trump's electors are republican, Hillary's are democrats. So the republican electors in those states would no longer be voting in December; instead the democrat electors in those states would.

CazTGG

What are the chances that this recount has an impact on flipping any of these states for Hillary? I can see one state being changed but not all three. Moreover, what are the chances of an investigation into how thoroughly the election was interfered with/invalid?

robochimp

What are the chances that this recount has an impact on flipping any of these states for Hillary? I can see one state being changed but not all three. Moreover, what are the chances of an investigation into how thoroughly the election was interfered with/invalid?

There is pretty much zero chance that this would change anything.

Hopeford

It's like a super Hail Mary. Has basically zero chance of working, but it's like "...Well. I mean, I can still toss the fucking thing, what's the worst that could happen?"

It's like a super Hail Mary. Has basically zero chance of working, but it's like "...Well. I mean, I can still toss the fucking thing, what's the worst that could happen?"

It's like throwing a Hail Mary on the Monday morning after the game ended.

The worst that could happen is Jill Stein walking away with your money. One if the possibilities for this money stated on the site is to continue to forward election reform. That sounds an awful lot like "pay for Jill Stein to run for office for the rest of her life" to me.

neshcom

Banned
Wow, it's super not cool to move the goalposts like this--or at least make it seem like they were moved. How could you take such unprecedented political crowdfunding momentum and fumble the handoff to larger goals? RIP the peoples' money.

jfkgoblue

ITT people make fun of the guy who says Soros paid protesters for being a conspiracy theorist, while simultaneously saying Russia probably hacked voting machines....

iuxion

Wow, it's super not cool to move the goalposts like this--or at least make it seem like they were moved. How could you take such unprecedented political crowdfunding momentum and fumble the handoff to larger goals? RIP the peoples' money.

Yeah. Seems very shady. I would love for Clinton to have won, but I hope people who gave money for this realize there is very little chance anything is going to change.

jfkgoblue

To put it in perspective... the closest is Michigan with 10,000 vote win for Trump, 10,000 votes is A LOT of missing votes to come up with, and there just isn't a truck full of missing ballots to supply them.

ITT people make fun of the guy who says Soros paid protesters for being a conspiracy theorist, while simultaneously saying Russia probably hacked voting machines....

Russian hacking isn't a conspiracy theory though. They hacked the DNC, Podesta and at least attempted to gain access to voting related systems and databases in various states. And that's just the stuff we know about.

Mii

Banned

It was made clear in the very first paragraph that the first amount was for Wisconsin.

They could have used multiple goal bars though, that perhaps would have helped more if you sought clarity there.

Just so people can be ready for it, the bar will go up another 2m after it hits $4.5m to cover the final state.

I'm sure they will also take into consideration what work they can get pro bono, but better to ask for the money first and see where you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom