• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Krokodil, the terrible Russian street drug, has arrived in the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
As for "this won't go well in US/UE" bullshit. People do this stuff because they are addicted not because they choose to do so.
When the precursor of a cheap drug is illegal, it stops being cheap. So yeah, this won't go well in the US

We could have killed meth in its infancy in the U.S. if we just banned ephedrine/pseudoephedrine.

Zhengi

Flesh rotting drug?!?!? Why the heck would you put something like that in your body?

I'm going to take the suggestion and not look at youtube videos or images.

Wait...what? Because you can die by overdose, that proves you can't die from going through withdrawal?

Yeah pretty well documented that alcohol withdrawal can be among the worst of the bunch - notably due to the fact it's about the only thing someone can directly die from when going through withdrawals.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
You can't. You can die from alcohol overdose. My friend got convulsions after 4 hours when he drunk 0,8L of Vodka in one sip. Week on intensive therapy.

You are wrong (about the "you can't" part)

I haven't seen anybody say why they use hydrocarbons to "cut" it or whatever. Does that have an intoxicating effect when injected? (I know it does when inhaled)

Niks

So basically guys, this is a way for heroine addicts to get really cheap Heroine(similar effects). So, you all know how awful heroine withdrawals are, and how awful heroine addiction is, and you'll understand why people will use krokodil.

Remember, these people are addicts, and is it really that uncommon for addicts to kill themselves over the drug they are addicted too?

Yeah, its hard to grasp how addiction can trump over self preservation.

Porcile

I've always wondered if this drug was actually real, because it looked too horrendous to be true. I still think I'd rather not know!

Kuroyume

Banned
Do you guys think the people that use this stuff are at all aware of the effects? Like, despite the dangers of smoking people still smoke cigs. You can show pictures of meth addicts to people and they'll still give the drug a shot. But krokodil is like the stuff of horror films. How can someone not see rotting flesh and think... Maybe I shouldn't try this.

5amshift

Banned
Do you guys think the people that use this stuff are at all aware of the effects? Like, despite the dangers of smoking people still smoke cigs. You can show pictures of meth addicts to people and they'll still give the drug a shot. But krokodil is like the stuff of horror films. How can someone not see rotting flesh and think... Maybe I shouldn't try this.

I honestly don't know. Junkies will do anything for that high, but with something like this I think people will try it, but it won't become huge.

Porcile

Hardcore drug addicts will keep doing drugs - rotting flesh or no rotting flesh. It's quicker and easier to get high.

hqdefault.jpg

"Yo anyone got some Krokodil in this thread? PM me"

Retrocide

That just nasty, why would people use this shit man. :-/
They build up tolerances to heroin and chase that better high. This drug is not only cheaper but it has a much greater high. Also the people who were using it in the article didn't know they were taking it, it is not like the drug have an ingredient list on the side.

its like that guy got attacked by china's giant wasps or something.

Still really iffy about this new hotness. is it better or worse that this new drug is offing off druggies? I mean for most people that are going to this level of low, seems like a fitting end (and a great story to have in your highschool drugs are bad video). But people starting to sell these at clubs... thats fucked up.

kick51

Banned
Druggie idiots who wanna get high.

addict idiots who need a fix (i.e. just getting back to normal so they don't get sick)

nobody is getting turned on to this as a good way of getting high.

edit: oh wait, Arizona. nm, dark_chris is prob right. lol
rural arizona is a scary ass place. some weird deliverance shit between phoenix and prescott; it's even worse closer to the border.

It's time to flat-out legalize drugs. The money shit like this will cost is astronomical. Reading an article now that talks about years of surgeries for users, surgeries that might not even work, and that's just one effect. There's no other way to stop this kind of thing but to legalize and give people access to better quality drugs and better treatment facilities for those you can get into treatment.

kris.

Banned
It's time to flat-out legalize drugs. The money shit like this will cost is astronomical. Reading an article now that talks about years of surgeries for users, surgeries that might not even work, and that's just one effect. There's no other way to stop this kind of thing but to legalize and give people access to better quality drugs and better treatment facilities for those you can get into treatment.

......yeah i don't think that'd work. at all.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
So... those nations doing this or working toward it are wrong? Or it won't work in the US?

If it's legal, is it legal to produce it as well? If so, then who will have an interest in making people addicts to make more money?

Porcile

The decriminalisation of drug users and more expansive outreach would be more effective than outright legalisation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom