• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Krokodil, the terrible Russian street drug, has arrived in the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like some zombie virus shit combined with whatever made Killer Croc from Batman. I knew about the skin symptom, but not the "flash fall" thing :x

Cizard

Welp, I just googled krokodil to see if just googling for that would bring up results. Forgot I had safe search off and yeah, it's kinda gross lol.

I just wanted to check if just googling Krokodil would get results as that'd be kinda fucked up. It's dutch for crocodile and a pretty normal thing to search for. It seems google made sure it doesn't show up with safe search enabled at least.

way more

It is cheaper. Its the primary reason for its widespread use in Russia. Read about it some more.

It is much cheaper, but thats probably only in Russia. Over the Counter codeine is legal in Russia, heroin is scarce, making Krok is 1/30th the price of heroin.

Heroin is cheaper here, it's what people switch to when they can't afford Oxy in the US. It would be hard to imagine Krok ever taking off here.

Seanspeed

Banned
It is much cheaper, but thats probably only in Russia. Over the Counter codeine is legal in Russia, heroin is scarce, making Krok is 1/30th the price of heroin.

Heroin is cheaper here, it's what people switch to when they can't afford Oxy in the US. It would be hard to imagine Krok ever taking off here.
Good point.

mantidor

What? You can die from heroin withdrawal.

Nope, not directly anyway, the experience is so awful that you might even want to kill yourself, but you can survive.

This is 100% false.

Ok physical problems was a poor choice of words, you do vomit and other physical symptoms.

As is this:

Its one of the active ingredients in krokodil (the eye drops) that causes the skin to rot/dry out. And these people have skin rotting everywhere on the tops of their heads and everything.

The actual rotting is in the arms, the head stuff is something else, this is something that my russian friend told us, and she's from the actual city shown in the Vice documentary, I'm going to check again with her maybe I remembered wrong.

Kyzon

I just saw this on my facebook feed. SWEET MOTHER OF.....

That's crazy gross. :(

I hope it doesn't kick off here in the US

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
QnSedoo.gif

Who the hell would inject that into their veins? I would't even google it, let alone try it. Good god.

This gif is the best way to describe this. This drug is crazy. I don't see why anyone would take it, and I feel damn sorry for anyone who's family and friends this affects.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Had my interest until the third bullet point.

mantidor

you can die from alcohol withdrawal?

I remember when Amy Winehouse died some speculated it was because she decided to quit cold turkey, which you can't.

Heroin creates a stronger physical dependency, so the symptoms of withdrawal are absolutely awful, but not fatal, medical supervision is advised of course, it is still dangerous, you can die for example shocked in your vomit, so you can't just leave the person locked in a room, but besides medical supervision most of the time no more is needed..

It's not the same with alcohol, because after prolonged use, alcohol actually messes up the nervous system, so your nervous system can collapse in its absence. This is why they give you psychoactive drugs in the withdrawal, like benzodiazepines, or in some cases they actually inject you alcohol in controlled doses.

The images of the damage this shit done to the body is brutal. I honestly wasn't expecting the effects of krok to be that extreme.

Kreunt

Banned
The drug itself isn't necessarily more harmful than the other often commonly used opioids.
The problem comes from that it's so easy to make, any retard junkie can do it, so because of that it's made poorly and there are solvents or other toxic/corrosive substances left in it that would otherwise be removed by someone who knows what they're doing.

As for why do people do it/keep doing it?
I doubt it's any ones first drug, they're probably already addicted to heroin, and there is likely people around them doing krokodil and not having their flesh rotting off.
Most batches of krokodil are probably 'clean', but then they get a shitty batch and the damage is done.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
So... does this drug has any addictive property or anything that actually makes you want to take it (like, feeling high or whatever) ? I mean, I can understand some people taking some hard drugs because it's addictive and makes you feel good, but what is the point of this ???

I saw images/video. Didn't bother me. Gross? Absolutely. Graphic? Absolutely.

Maybe I am just immune cause I have seen some pretty bad stuff. *shrug*

LogicStep

So... does this drug has any addictive property or anything that actually makes you want to take it (like, feeling high or whatever) ? I mean, I can understand some people taking some hard drugs because it's addictive and makes you feel good, but what is the point of this ???

It's like heroin so yeah.

Perkel

Banned
I can understand to some extent why people would do other drugs.

But why the fuck would you put that in your body?

because they are poor and can't get quality drugs. This especially important when you are addicted.

Think something like need for smoke x 100 but you have no cash. You roll paper with grass and smoke it.

Google image search.

3. Nope, Nope, Nope
13. Nope
16. OH FUCK! NO NO NO NO NO!...
Might just be the nastiest thing I have seen in my life

Perkel

Banned
That's what I'm trying to figure out. Is there something in the Gasoline and Paint Thinner that somehow creates a better high?

No it is cheap alternative to heroine with similar effect as real one.
It is poor people problem mainly.

As for "this won't go well in US/UE" bullshit. People do this stuff because they are addicted not because they choose to do so.

Valhelm

contribute something
It's gonna be interesting when a good amount of homeless people will have chunks of flesh missing from their bodies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
You can't. You can die from alcohol overdose. My friend got convulsions after 4 hours when he drunk 0,8L of Vodka in one sip. Week on intensive therapy.

Wait...what? Because you can die by overdose, that proves you can't die from going through withdrawal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom