• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Krokodil, the terrible Russian street drug, has arrived in the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steamlord

*googles*

WwtgaLq.jpg

Looks like it worked out fine for her.

Yeah yeah I know

Yawnier

Banned
That VICE documentary some time back on this drug in Eastern Europe (I think?) was a bit of an eye opener to me, scary stuff I hadn't even heard about it until then.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
That VICE documentary some time back on this drug in Eastern Europe (I think?) was a bit of an eye opener to me, scary stuff I hadn't even heard about it until then.

Russia.

Do people know what will happen when they inject this shit in their body?

Or are they really that short sighted? Opiates are a hell of a drug.

Skeyser

I never understood this drug, why not just commit suicide at this point. Because that's pretty much what krokodil is, a slow, horribly painful death.

mantidor

To all people in this thread saying why would you take this drug, (let me answer this for russia) there are regions so rural/poor in Russia that they dont have supplies of 'normal' drugs like coke, crank, heroine etc.. that they are left with making stuff like this.

There is also a sort of drug now very popular is southern Europa that is also very cheap but highly destructive. extreme poverty usually leads to this kind of stuff.

Yeah it's pretty much this. The now famous Vice doc shows this, mostly runaway kids that live in abandoned buildings, it was incredibly sad, this kid was using and he had basically given up on life, it was terrible.

Nokterian

I have seen pictures of it..not doing it again all ready burned in my eyes. Why in the world would you do this? It's insane and fucking dumb.

Spend the extra couple bucks on heroin, keep your arm. Even as a former hard drug user myself, I just don't get why anyone would do this.

Trey

I think I'll heed the chorus of warnings and not Google this subject. No science to be done or knowledge to be gained - only pain.

To all people in this thread saying why would you take this drug, (let me answer this for russia) there are regions so rural/poor in Russia that they dont have supplies of 'normal' drugs like coke, crank, heroine etc.. that they are left with making stuff like this.

There is also a sort of drug now very popular is southern Europa that is also very cheap but highly destructive. extreme poverty usually leads to this kind of stuff.

The implication being that they /have/ to take stuff like this given the lack of "normal" drugs, instead of, y' know, nothing at all?

javac

As soon as I read the title I was like "fuck that's the nasty shit that destroys your flesh right?" Disgusting stuff :$

I was hoping it wouldn't come here. I already work with a lot of IV drug users and people with rotting limbs. This is all we need.

Despera

Banned
Watched this on VICE almost a year ago and was absolutely grossed out. Not sure why people WANT to do this..
I have a feeling most of the people using this either don't know about the damage it causes, or are tricked into using it thinking it was a different drug.

Is the flesh rotting/falling off the bone immediate? Like, a "regular" dose of this would cause your flesh to go bad? Or is this a result of repeated use via addiction?

Fred-87

I dont understand.... Flesh falling from the bone... and then they say yes to that? How can you take that drug? Unless you dont know the harm it causes but then your just stupid for not asking what smth does to your body.

mantidor

The implication being that they /have/ to take stuff like this given the lack of "normal" drugs, instead of, y' know, nothing at all?

As mentioned, this is more common in poor and isolated towns, drug dealers abuse the poor conditions to hook many homeless people, many very young. It's not really like these people woke up one day and thought it would be a good idea, a series of unfortunate circumstances led them there.

Heroin withdrawal is serious fucking business to the extent where people get seriously ill. So yeah, they do have to take it.

Withdrawal is awful but has no actual physical problems, it's all psychological, and it's not fatal.

Is the flesh rotting/falling off the bone immediate? Like, a "regular" dose of this would cause your flesh to go bad? Or is this a result of repeated use via addiction?

Again, their rotted flesh is more a result from poor hygiene, badly used syringes and the drug injected the wrong way which cause gangrene. Krokodil by itself doesn't rot flesh, which is why you only see the rotting in arms and legs, which is where they inject.

Again, their rotted flesh is more a result from poor hygiene, badly used syringes and the drug injected the wrong way which cause gangrene. Krokodil by itself doesn't rot flesh, which is why you only see the rotting in arms and legs, which is where they inject.

Or in their gums, between their toes... ugh. Poor motherfuckers.

Valnen

If there was a top 10 list of things that should not exist, Krokodil would have a place on that list. Absolutely horrifying substance.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
This is 100% false.

As is this:

Its one of the active ingredients in krokodil (the eye drops) that causes the skin to rot/dry out. And these people have skin rotting everywhere on the tops of their heads and everything.

Scary stuff. What other horrible street drugs are next to hit America? I'm afraid soon we will be hearing about widespread use of Cake, Triple-Sod, Clarky Cat, or even Yellow Bentines.

Seanspeed

Banned
It's not. They probably just saw the news reports on it and wanted to try and make some.
It is cheaper. Its the primary reason for its widespread use in Russia. Read about it some more.

Your average crackhead or junkie would take it in a heartbeat if they couldn't score their drug of choice.
Nah. I've known crackheads and heroine addicts in my life. They may have been screwed up people who did some messed up stuff for their fix, but I don't think they'd have taken this shit. This is just some crazy, next-level of rock bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom