• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Long queues of people waiting outside the stores for MH4 in Japan today

-Horizon-

Pokebomb Tier.

Japan will be owned by Nintendo multiple times over.

I wonder if there will be any lines for Pokemon like this (like if they're launching at midnight or an event of some kind). It'd be nice if some one takes pictures of the lines just to compare the two.

Olly88

iwatadealwithitiaaje.gif

Ramune

My 3DS hasn't been working out those Street Pass muscles, it'd probably be crushed! XD

Ha ha! While I don't own one yet, I saw how many my bro and my roommate received during Otakon. I don't wanna think about how many one would get from one of these lines in Japan! Crushed would be an understatement! (@ _@; )

Man God

Non-Canon Member
All these people gathered to play Soul Sacrifice; it's just a coincidence that an inferior knock off product is coming out on the same day as this gathering.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Will never understand redonk popularity of this.... but then I never understood COD popularity either.

I did a little write up of why I think Japan finds Monster Hunter so appealing if you're curious

Ha ha! While I don't own one yet, I saw how many my bro and my roommate received during Otakon. I don't wanna think about how many one would get from one of these lines in Japan! Crushed would be an understatement! (@ _@; )

I may as well go at some point, got my Japanese 3DS sitting here just waiting for new Street Pass hits. XD

Artex

Banned
What the fuck? They have Auntie Anne's in Japan? That shit is from my hometown and I didn't even know they were outside of the South East PA region.

Meier

What the fuck? They have Auntie Anne's in Japan? That shit is from my hometown and I didn't even know they were outside of the South East PA region.

Have you never left Southeast PA? There isn't a mall in America without one or multiple Auntie Anne kiosks or shops. :lol

For some reason I thought this was coming to the Wii U (or at the very least, both of Nintendos system) and was about to post something about this being good for the system.

Man I feel dumb.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Weird, was in akiba yesterday and didn't see any lines. Too hot for that nonsense anyway :(
Yeah, I preordered at the Joshin across from my apt, so I'm not dealing with lines. Just about to head out to get my copy in a second.

It always amazes me how popular this series is. Its essentially just a co-op boss rush.

It's more than "just" that.

Will never understand redonk popularity of this.... but then I never understood COD popularity either.
The game is simple in its genius.

RurouniZel

Screw those lines. I'd be happy ordering it online for release day delivery/ I'm sure they have to have something like that.

One of the big appeals of the series in Japan is local multi-player. I could totally see people in line playing together while they queue up, so it's not that big of a hassle I imagine.

Then when they get the game and their other friends who stood in line with them get it, they can all play their new game together at the same time. :D

I can't help but think that would've been impossible anyway. This is going to be pure conjecture but at that time, MH3 for Wii would've been out or almost out and Capcom was probably already planning MH3G for Wii as well. Capcom most likely were working on both MHP3rd and MH3G at the same time so Sony outright moneyhatting the franchise would have been impossible since Nintendo was offering various benefits for the translation of MH3. Capcom eventually decided to make MH3G for 3DS instead of Wii.

Again, pure conjecture but I don't see that being too far off.

iirc, MH3 was being made for PS3 and then moved to Wii. They could've snatch it during production, but then Nintendo stepped in.

RurouniZel

iirc, MH3 was being made for PS3 and then moved to Wii. They could've snatch it during production, but then Nintendo stepped in.

This is correct, it was announced initially for PS3. It was shocking for many people when the game switched platforms.

One of the big appeals of the series in Japan is local multi-player. I could totally see people in line playing together while they queue up, so it's not that big of a hassle I imagine.

Then when they get the game and their other friends who stood in line with them get it, they can all play their new game together at the same time. :D

Or, everyone picks up their game, and then gets back in the same big line and starts playing with each other xD

Oh, and cute Avatar btw ;D

RurouniZel

Or, everyone picks up their game, and then gets back in the same big line and starts playing with each other xD

Oh, and cute Avatar btw ;D

Nah, after they pick up the game they pick which home to go to and do a MonHun Party! :D

I have no idea if they do this, but if they did I would need to participate!

No, I think it was due to production costs getting too high. Sales wouldn't be able to justify the cost of the project.

That's what Capcom said, but MH was one of their more popular franchises back then, yet they decided to NOT make it in HD even if it was sub-HD. Sony could have helped them somehow like Nintendo has. Nintendo hosted the servers for online, the same happened for Ultimate and even published it in Europe. I think those kind of incentives, moneyhat or not, outweighted their loyalty towards Sony.

Famitsu reported a line of 800 people at shibuya.

Edit: I was curious if we were going to see a couple of lines in the 300 scale, but that is crazy even if it's not 100% to the number.

Top Bottom